• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sgt DP 3A (i think it is)

swanita

Inactive
Reaction score
This course is in Gagetown & needed to get promoted to Sgt (at the current moment  ;)).  Does anyone know if the express test is an absolute MUST? Because the 2 mods that are currently offered (ranges & small arms teaching) are only 2 weeks each in length & i 'm thinking not a lot of time to waste. Basically jumping right into the course. Anyone who did it last year can fill me in?

Thanx!

I don't know for sure if Express is needed as I was just on the course and we had a couple of candidates that were on category! Sorry if that doesn't answer your question.

I was under the impression that all courses at the Inf School require a current CF EXPRES or Army Fitness Test... not sure about the mod crses though...

We've had people get around the Express Test by having their CO or OC write a letter stating that they had completed the 13km march in the past year.

Some Reg Force units don't do the Express Test.  I did the Express Test with a couple of MCpls from 2RCR in Feb and it was their first time ever doing the Express Test.

Combat Arms Units all do the BFT.....never the Express Test......unless you fail the BFT or are medically excused the BFT.

Yes, all RegF Army field units do the BFT/AFT yearly. Under a LFCO (twenty-something), completing the BFT/AFT exempts you from doing the EXPRES test, but I think you need either a valid BFT letter, or a XPRESS test to attend any course at the Infantry School.

Mike_R23A said:
Yes, all RegF Army field units do the BFT/AFT yearly. Under a LFCO (twenty-something), completing the BFT/AFT exempts you from doing the EXPRES test, but I think you need either a valid BFT letter, or a XPRESS test to attend any course at the Infantry School.

Even though the mod i'll be doing is only 2 weeks long?

I would assume yes unless specificaly told otherwise, you don't want to get RTU'd the first day... your unit Ops cell should have current joining instructions...

It is a prerequisite at all Schools.  You must be physically fit.  As a Reservist, you will be required to have both a Medical and Express Test documentation before starting a course, no matter the length.  I was on duty at the RCR Battle School a few years back, when a Candidate suffered a Heart Attack carrying his barracks boxes up to the third floor.  He survived, but was hospitalized and off course before he even got on it.  No one will get on a course without the proper documentation.  No Medical and/or No Express Test = No Course.

Thanks, my joining instructions do not mention anything about it  but i'll just keep myself prepped.....just in case  ;D

Swanita

THE INFANTRY JOINING INSTRUCTIONS for DP3-INFANTRY SECTION COMMANDER QUALIFICATION (ISCQ) state

Prerequisites: In order to be selected for this training the member shall meet the following prerequisites:

a.Have successfully completed the Platoon Support Weapon Qualification DP 2A Infantry;

b.Have successfully completed the Primary Leadership Qualification (PLQ) DP 2B;

c.Have successfully completed the Infantry Section 2IC Qualification DP 2B;

d.Be physically fit IAW the AFS (Army Fitness Standard);

e.Possess a minimum medical category of 333225; and

Note 1: Until everyone is qualified up to DP 3 on the new qualifications the following are equivalent to the prerequisite DP 2A Inf - PSWQ:

a.Qualified and current Basic Machine Gunner Block 1 (Essential) (Block 1 - 07845 or AFDT);

b.Qualified Basic Small Arms Coach (Essential) (AGKS): and

c.Qualified SRAAW (H) - Eryx Gunners to include complementary training (Supplemental) (AIMT or 06675).

Note 2:With the adoption of TCCCS, candidates should be able to operate the AN/PRC-522 radio set.

All this info can be found with your joining instructions and is posted on the Infantry School site. Her is the link if you are connected to the DIN.......

http://ctc.gagetown.mil.ca/infantry/school/courses/join_e.cfm

I got joining instructions but as it's been written, it said to be physically fits IAW their standards but doesn't actually say that proof of fitness test required prior to going.  Also, i just got a phone call saying that i have to do one  :(.

Thanx for the replies everyone.

I know this thread is resolved but FYI I did the fourth 2-week mod of a course at the Infantry School last year and did the EXPRESS test my first or second morning there.  For the record the female civvie gym staff who run it are cuties.

Back