• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sgt. Darcy Tedford and Pte. Blake Williamson Killed- 14 Oct 2006

armyvern

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
Edited to add update: CBC has just announced that these 2 soldiers are indeed Canadians.  :salute:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20061014/soldiers_killed_061014/20061014?hub=TopStories

Reproduced under the fairdealings copyright provisions.....

Two NATO soldiers killed in Afghanistan attack
Updated Sat. Oct. 14 2006 1:05 PM ET

Associated Press

KABUL -- NATO said two of its soldiers were killed in southern Afghanistan on Saturday after militants ambushed the soldiers with rocket propelled grenades and gunfire.

Three soldiers were also wounded in the battle in Kandahar province Saturday afternoon, NATO said in a statement. The nationalities of the soldiers were not immediately released.

Again, another sad day for NATO soldiers. My thoughts, prayers and condolances to the family, loved ones and comrades of these latest fallen heroes.

Topic name modified to reflect recent CBC announcement of Canadian nationality.

My condolances once again. We will remember them.

Thoughts and prayers for the families, friends and loved ones.  RIP troops.

:salute:

CBC just announced that it was two Canadian soldiers, but nothing up on the website just yet.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2006/10/14/afghanistan.html

Two Canadian soldiers were killed in southern Afghanistan on Saturday after militants ambushed them with rocket-propelled grenades and gunfire.

Three soldiers were also wounded in the battle in Kandahar province Saturday afternoon, NATO said in a statement. The soldiers' identities were not released. The deaths of the soldiers brings the number of military fatalities in Afghanistan to 42.

Canada has more than 2,000 troops in the Kandahar area who are working with NATO to fight Taliban forces.

Taliban militants have been stepping up attacks in the country's south in recent months, particularly in Kandahar and Helmand provinces.

On Friday, in Kandahar city, a suicide bomber rammed an explosives-packed van into a NATO military patrol on a busy commercial street, firing deadly shrapnel at nearby storeowners and shoppers. One NATO soldier and eight Afghan civilians were killed.

My heart goes out to the family and friends of the fallen. Another sad day for Canada.  :cdn: May they both rest in peace, as heroes should.

Condolences to the family, colleagues and friends of the fallen,
Speedy recovery to those injured.

:cdn:

Thanks for what you've given
No one could ask for more.
May you rest with God in heaven
From now through evermore

:salute: :salute:
:cdn: :cdn:

RIP to our fallen...prayers to the families, friends, loved ones and Regiment of our fallen.

My husband was wounded in the attacks today. We lost more great soldiers.

RIP to our fallen heroes  :salute: :cdn:

Pro Patria

:cdn: :salute: :cdn: :salute:

Here's a wish for solace for the families, strength for the rest of the troops, and peace for the fallen.

RIP

Canada's best! RIP troops!

This is starting to drive me wild...having served as a civy there in 03/04 after a 22 year stint in the Army. If I could do someting I WOULD!

Back