• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

September 2009 BMOQ !!!

the_girlfirend

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey

For everyone waiting for the August 31 BMOQ...
I just want to tell you that my boyfriend just got a call for September 7 BMOQ...  :nod:

the_girlfirend said:
Hey

For everyone waiting for the August 31 BMOQ...
I just want to tell you that my boyfriend just got a call for September 7 BMOQ...  :nod:

Wow! They are loading September already?  :eek:

Yeah I know when she said she had a job offer for him... I was praying for May....  ;D

I think it depends on what job your looking for, they'l probably put an emphisis on Combat Arms first or Medics before anything else.

So What's November like in St.Jean? Cause I am a coastal boy.

px90,
It gets cold but usually there is not much snow... you can expect mostly very cold rain and wind...
Enjoy! ;)

Randifur,
Usually in the summer the officer courses are filled with people from the RMC that is why people from Direct entry officer are already filling up September...

Randifur said:
I think it depends on what job your looking for, they'l probably put an emphisis on Combat Arms first or Medics before anything else.

I am going in for Log-O and I have been loaded into the Aug 31st course, got the call end of March-beginning of April.  I think the loading is dependant on where you stand with your CFRC and how high up the merit list you are.

November weather in that area stinks, lots of rain, freezing rain, wind, and sometimes snow, but I have seen a few dry Novembers tho.

hello there everyone, i got the call and i'm off to the september bmoq as well!!  i'm Arty, anyone else here going the same route?  a summer bmoq would've definitely been nice, but september is still better than january i reckon.  needless to say, i can't wait and am just killing time by going for runs and hanging out with friends...  i wish to congratulate everyone else who is going to st.jean on the 6th and i'll see you there!!

The good side is by the time you go play in Franham it is going to be November so no mosquitos!!!  ;D

Does anyone know whether there are typically BMOQ courses starting around end of September?
Thanks.

Typically they run them at the start of September, and I'm actually loaded into the september.7 one, which is the latest september BMOQ I am aware of.  Probably have to wait until January if ýou miss September.  Which trade are you applying for?

You're right - I just got a confirmation that Sept 7 is the latest one before January. I am currently MARS reservist, but I've got a transfer application for Reg Force pilot, pending selection board in January 2010. What I've been told is that they will take Reg over Res but I'm hoping some people will drop out and they'll load me.

VodkaBoy said:
You're right - I just got a confirmation that Sept 7 is the latest one before January. I am currently MARS reservist, but I've got a transfer application for Reg Force pilot, pending selection board in January 2010. What I've been told is that they will take Reg over Res but I'm hoping some people will drop out and they'll load me.

So are you loaded onto Sept 7 BMOQ for MARS or Pilot?

VodkaBoy said:
Hey i was wondering where you got the info from about no BMQ untill january, i just did my interview, CFAT, and medical a week ago. i passed with flying carpets and the recruiting officer told me i would be getting sent to ST. Jean ASAP. which would be october before the paper work made it through ottawa. the med officer said the same thing, were these guys on glue?

"So are you loaded onto Sept 7 BMOQ for MARS or Pilot?"

- I am not loaded yet, but hoping to get loaded
- I am still MARS, and likely will not be offered pilot until April 2010 if at all.(depending on how my file fares at the boards)

"Hey i was wondering where you got the info from about no BMQ until January, i just did my interview, CFAT, and medical a week ago. i passed with flying carpets and the recruiting officer told me i would be getting sent to ST. Jean ASAP. which would be October before the paper work made it through Ottawa. the med officer said the same thing, were these guys on glue?"

- If it's BMQ you are talking about - for NCM's - then there might very well be one in October. I don't know, but I understand they happen more often than BMOQ.

- I am just telling as I heard it from my TrgO who talked to my career manager in Ottawa.

- I doubt they were on glue, but very possibly high on gas fumes. It's cheaper

- Mind you I've been told so many different things in the past 6 months that I don't even know if even Ottawa knows anything.

spamoli said:
i passed with flying carpets

Wow, that must have been impressive.  ::)

There is a difference between BMOQ (Basic Military Officer Qualification) and BMQ (Basic Military Qualification).  The latter is for NCMs (non-commissioned members).

DonaldMcL said:
P90X....

Farnham SUCKS in November. Cheers!  ;D

McMuffin...yes it does and I got frost bitten during our last week mission exercises. How is shearwater treating you bud and when are you going on course?

Yes I've heard rumors of an October BMQ, in fact, I think its also a topic already being discussed on this forum! So who else is loaded on sept.7 BMOQ??

Having been there for both, Farnham in the winter is very much so more pleasant than Farnham in the summer. Spring time, however, was the best of all.

Back