• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi buck,

Just wondering how long 17/18 spots remaining can be open in the 18/19 fidcal year. Meaning can they still be spots in july for 17-18? Or at some points they get erased!

As always, thanks a lot

Hey buck,

I got i call today from montreal recrutement offering me a job until the next french bmoq in august (because apparently the one in may as no entry). I have found no info online on type on duty/pay rate etc. Was wondering if anybody knew of that type of offer.

Thanks a lot

Milerup said:
Hey buck,

I got i call today from montreal recrutement offering me a job until the next french bmoq in august (because apparently the one in may as no entry). I have found no info online on type on duty/pay rate etc. Was wondering if anybody knew of that type of offer.

Thanks a lot

I heard there was a selection yesterday May 19 but I didn't think they'd call successful candidates this quickly; i thought it would take another 8-10 days from selection to job offer. If the August BMOQ is instructed in French, are the two serials in May instructed in English? Or are the May serials no entry because they are all filled up? Can you please clarify these too Buck, thank you very much.

gazorpazorpfield said:
I heard there was a selection yesterday May 19 but I didn't think they'd call successful candidates this quickly; i thought it would take another 8-10 days from selection to job offer. If the August BMOQ is instructed in French, are the two serials in May instructed in English? Or are the May serials no entry because they are all filled up? Can you please clarify these too Buck, thank you very much.

Looks like the serials in August are instructed in French and English. The one starting May 14th is English only, but apparently the serials starting May 7th are both English and French as well (haven't seen anyone on this forum saying that they have been slotted into the May 7th BMOQ though). Source http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school.page

L0085E & L0086E March 12, 2018 - June 14, 2018
L0001F & L0002E May 7, 2018 - July 26, 2018
L0003E May 14, 2018 - August 2, 2018
L0004E & L0005F August 27, 2018 - November 15, 2018
L0006E & L0007E September 10, 2018 - November 29, 2018

Congrats Milerup on your offer. Looks like the waiting paid off.

Is that what the F's and E's stand for in the serial number? :eek:
LegioXEquestris said:
haven't seen anyone on this forum saying that they have been slotted into the May 7th BMOQ though
A little hopeful for that May 7th BMOQ. I expect we'll be hearing some people getting their calls in the next few days to be loaded into that serial. Best of luck guys! :D

gazorpazorpfield said:
Is that what the F's and E's stand for in the serial number? :eek:A little hopeful for that May 7th BMOQ. I expect we'll be hearing some people getting their calls in the next few days to be loaded into that serial. Best of luck guys! :D

Haha good point. E=English F=French seems a fair assumption to make, but I can't find anything conclusive to back this up on the CFLRS webpage. Need someone who actually knows what's up for confirmation (I'd sure look like a total idiot if the E and F don't stand for what I think they do).  ;D

Btw Gazor where did you hear about a selection happening on March 19th? My recruiter told me the next one would be March 28th. I'd be much happier if a selection did take place yesterday, but Milerup could have been selected from previous weeks and was only informed of it just now. 

LegioXEquestris said:
Haha good point. E=English F=French seems a fair assumption to make, but I can't find anything conclusive to back this up on the CFLRS webpage. Need someone who actually knows what's up for confirmation (I'd sure look like a total idiot if the E and F doesn't stand for what I think they do).  ;D

Btw Gazor where did you hear about a selection happening on March 19th? My recruiter told me the next one would be March 28th. I'd be much happier if a selection did take place yesterday, but Milerup could have been selected from previous weeks and was only informed of it just now.

Yes. Your assumption is correct. It's a common standard to differentiate the language of a course. You may or may not always see it's use after Basic.

LegioXEquestris said:
I was told by my recruiter the week before. I don't know if its for all trades; i was told NWO was included. I haven't heard of any selections from the previous weeks as well as anyone in the forum getting their calls these past few days. I'd like to think CFRC Montreal might have been updated faster than say CFRC Regina? Who knows, I guess the anticipation is getting to me hehe ;D

Just to give you little more info about that offer, because i assume it is really not common. They offered me a potential job to montreal recruitment center while waiting for the august training. As he told me, because of my score, even if i refuse that temporary job, I will eventually be slotted into the one in august (he told me I was on the top of competition list)

The actual trade offer was to be confirmed and officially offered as per my resquesy before accepting that offer. (i applied either for const.eng or Engr).

Also i have no clue about duties/salaries of that temporary job so I am waiting for more info!

The may 7 both F and E as 0 spot filled up in then.

Good luck to all for further selections!

kratz said:
Yes. Your assumption is correct. It's a common standard to differentiate the language of a course. You may or may not always see it's use after Basic.

Good to know. Cheers, mate.  :nod:

gazorpazorpfield said:
I was told by my recruiter the week before. I don't know if its for all trades; i was told NWO was included. I haven't heard of any selections from the previous weeks as well as anyone in the forum getting their calls these past few days. I'd like to think CFRC Montreal might have been updated faster than say CFRC Regina? Who knows, I guess the anticipation is getting to me hehe ;D

Yeah looks like the dates could be because we're gunning for different trades. I was specific to my recruiter about selection for infantry DEO and so was told that it would be March 28th. The anticipation is absolutely killing me here.

Milerup said:
The may 7 both F and E as 0 spot filled up in then.

Good luck to all for further selections!

Sounds like you got yourself a pretty sweet deal. Congrats again.

It's strange that none have been selected for the May 7th serials though. According to the forum people are getting offers for the May 14th BMOQ, so not sure why the May 7th serials have 0 spots filled for now.

LegioXEquestris said:
It's strange that none have been selected for the May 7th serials though. According to the forum people are getting offers for the May 14th BMOQ, so not sure why the May 7th serials have 0 spots filled for now.

He told me it is probably because of officer position being cut down. So the may 7th class is not required anymore. Althought it was the only french one in a while. English has may 14th, which is not bad!

LegioXEquestris said:

In regards to the May 7th BMOQ, just judging by the length of the course ( 2 months vs the typical 3), I am willing to bet that these 2 serials are specific to students attending RMC. They typically complete their course in 2 phases spread over a couple of summers.

Can’t confirm this but it would fall in line with what typically happens every summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white-1 said:
In regards to the May 7th BMOQ, just judging by the length of the course ( 2 months vs the typical 3), I am willing to bet that these 2 serials are specific to students attending RMC. They typically complete their course in 2 phases spread over a couple of summers.

Can’t confirm this but it would fall in line with what typically happens every summer.

What Milerup says is plausible, but sounds really drastic. I mean, cutting down 2 BMOQ serials represents a considerable loss of officers at a time when CAF is supposedly growing to meet new needs. Plus why not just delete these serials instead of plastering them online for all to see if they will no longer be held...

But White, your numbers don't add up. The BMOQ length for the May, August and September serials are identical: approximately 2.5 month each. The only anomaly are the two serials starting March 12, 2018, which lasts for 3 months. Not necessarily saying your RMC explanation is wrong, it makes sense, but there is no difference in course length between the May, Aug and Sept BMOQs.

Can anyone clarify what's going on with the May 7th BMOQs and why people are being slotted into later ones?

Do medical officers talk directly with civilian physicians about one's medical file?

colinreid16 said:
Do medical officers talk directly with civilian physicians about one's medical file?

Medical officers do not even share medical information to file manager or recruiters. Also, the selection team only knows an individual medical is approved or not. Medical information is considered to be very private.

Thank you for your response.

Just to clarify, medical officers looking at an applicants medical file cannot contact civilian physicians about said applicant. Or won't.

colinreid16 said:

Just to clarify, medical officers looking at an applicants medical file cannot contact civilian physicians about said applicant. Or won't.

If Medical officer required an additional form or forms to be filled by your family doctor, may be they contact the family doctor for verifying the information or to ask other questions.
But they never disclose your information to any other party.

Hi Buck,

I'm not sure if you can answer this but do you know when ROTP selections end? Because of a medication I was on, I wont be medically cleared until May 13 and I'm worried there won't be any spots left for my chosen trade (infantry officer, civvy U applicant) by then.

Milerup said:
Hi buck,

Just wondering how long 17/18 spots remaining can be open in the 18/19 fidcal year. Meaning can they still be spots in july for 17-18? Or at some points they get erased!

As always, thanks a lot

For 17/18 positions you must be enrolled by 31-March; although you might not start training until later in the year.  This year 31-March is a Saturday and 30-March is Good Friday (a stat); so the last day to enrol for FY 17/18 is 29-March.
It's not that the positions get "erased"; it's that anything left unfilled is just that, unfilled - then the CAF starts working on 18/19 intake numbers.

Milerup said:
Hey buck,

Thanks a lot

That can happen at times.  The rate of pay will be in your ETP (Enrolment / Transfer Posting) Message.  Ask your recruiter what the rate of pay is, they are your best and most accurate source of information.  Reason for this is that some officers are given time credit towards pay based on whether they have a "normal" degree, honours degree, post-graduate degree. 

gazorpazorpfield said:
There are actually 3 serials in May, 2 are in English and 1 is in French.  The French serial is full, and one of the two English serials is full.

gazorpazorpfield said:
Is that what the F's and E's stand for in the serial number? :eek:A little hopeful for that May 7th BMOQ. I expect we'll be hearing some people getting their calls in the next few days to be loaded into that serial. Best of luck guys! :D
Both the French and English 7 May serial are full.  The 14 May English serial still has spots as of today.

white-1 said:

Look closer at the dates: 7-May to 27-Jul is 10 weeks; 14-May to 3-Aug is also 10 weeks.  BMOQ is now 10 weeks (2.5 months in duration).
If it were for RMC Students it would be labelled as BMOQ MOD 1 & MOQ MOD 2... :)

LegioXEquestris said:
Can anyone clarify what's going on with the May 7th BMOQs and why people are being slotted into later ones?
There are no spots remaining on the 7 May BMOQ; people are being loaded on later serials.  When the 14-May serial fills up people will be loaded on later serials yet again.

colinreid16 said:

Unless you've signed a Consent to Release Information, Military Physicians cannot speak to your Civilian Doctors; this is protected information.  Depending on your province is depending under which act, but for Ontario for example it's PHIPPA (Personal Health Information Protection Act).

WJFW11 said:
Hi Buck,

I'm not sure if you can answer this but do you know when ROTP selections end? Because of a medication I was on, I wont be medically cleared until May 13 and I'm worried there won't be any spots left for my chosen trade (infantry officer, civvy U applicant) by then.

Last year the campaign officially ended on 30-June.  I don't work on the ROTP team and the ROTP entry plan isn't one of the eligible entry plans for the occupations that I recruit for; so I'm not sure when the campaign is officially slated to close this year; I would suggest asking your Recruiter.

Hello Buck,

I am wondering how many spots are there per BMOQ session? And also how many spots are left for AEC DEO for the rest of the fiscal year?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back