• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buck_HRA said:
That he is; I love his help here, that's why I rarely have to post links to other forums, he beats me to it everytime :)

It's easy to post a link, Buck. But, we rely on you to explain what they mean.  :)

Buck_HRA said:
My apologies for missing your post yesterday; next selection for DEO Nursing Officer likely won't be until mid-March/early-April at the earliest; however the first selection may be pushed further back into the year depending on whether you're a GDNO or if you have one of the following specialties (1) CCNO; (2) PNO; or (3) MHNO.  This information currently is not at the CFRC level as we're looking at options of trying to bring in Specialty Nursing Officers for 2018/2019 and onward.
There is a projected selection for DEO for 17/18 within the next few days; whether any Pilots will be selected or not I am not sure of.
The issue right now with filling 2017/2018 is available BMOQ spots.  The CAF was mandated to increase it's intake this year but there still are only so many positions in the training system available for BMOQ which is why although there are still positions available, selections are slow going.

For new Fiscal Years traditionally the first selection for DEO normally isn't until mid-March/early-April; however it does appear there are projected dates as early as February this year; although that might change.
Please read my earlier response above in regards to Nursing Officer; selections are likely going to be delayed do to a requirement to enroll Specialty Nursing Officers.
That he is; I love his help here, that's why I rarely have to post links to other forums, he beats me to it everytime :)

I like this news! As a perioperative nurse in civilian practice, I’m happy with any changes that make me a little more competitive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For all the DEO Pilot applicants:

I spoke with my recruiting office today and they claim that the next round of selections for DEO Pilot are scheduled for this week, and mid February. Let's hope the selections happen so we can all have some relief.

Cheers

white-1 said:
I like this news! As a perioperative nurse in civilian practice, I’m happy with any changes that make me a little more competitive!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please reach out to me via DM/PM; as someone holding one of the 3 specialties we're in need of I'd like to make sure your file is annotated accordingly.

Hey any idea on whats left for comms research also for 2018/2019 if your willing to look, thanks!

Buck_HRA said:
My apologies for missing your post yesterday; next selection for DEO Nursing Officer likely won't be until mid-March/early-April at the earliest; however the first selection may be pushed further back into the year depending on whether you're a GDNO or if you have one of the following specialties (1) CCNO; (2) PNO; or (3) MHNO.  This information currently is not at the CFRC level as we're looking at options of trying to bring in Specialty Nursing Officers for 2018/2019 and onward.
There is a projected selection for DEO for 17/18 within the next few days; whether any Pilots will be selected or not I am not sure of.
The issue right now with filling 2017/2018 is available BMOQ spots.  The CAF was mandated to increase it's intake this year but there still are only so many positions in the training system available for BMOQ which is why although there are still positions available, selections are slow going.

For new Fiscal Years traditionally the first selection for DEO normally isn't until mid-March/early-April; however it does appear there are projected dates as early as February this year; although that might change.
Please read my earlier response above in regards to Nursing Officer; selections are likely going to be delayed do to a requirement to enroll Specialty Nursing Officers.

Thanks for getting back to me, this is very helpful!
Would you happen to know how many, if any, nursing officer positions are still available for FY17/18?

Ailsa_95 said:
Thanks for getting back to me, this is very helpful!
Would you happen to know how many, if any, nursing officer positions are still available for FY17/18?
For FY 2017/2018 there are 0 DEO Nursing Officer positions available. 
No positions have been available for 2017/2018 for Nursing Officer since last May; which is why there was such a delay between doing your CFAT last March and doing your Medical/Interview two weeks ago.
No intake will occur for Nursing Officer positions until the selections for 2018/2019 begin.

Buck_HRA said:

mariomike said:
It's easy to post a link, Buck. But, we rely on you to explain what they mean.  :)

I'm lovin' the camaraderie and hope to see a lot of it in my future with the CAF.
Thanks to the both of you for all of your forum support.

Good afternoon,

Does anyone have an idea of what the selection dates and numbers are for FF trade , 00149? Fiscal year 17/18 and 18/19?

Thanks for your time.

Seanadams said:
Good afternoon,
Does anyone have an idea of what the selection dates and numbers are for FF trade , 00149? Fiscal year 17/18 and 18/19?
Thanks for your time.
17/18 there are no positions remaining; and for 18/19 there is a tentative 28 positions available (please note that this number is not finalized and subject to change).  For Selection Date information please refer to the following thread: https://navy.ca/forums/threads/125930.0

Hello Buck,

I am wondering, if there are any BMOQ Sessions for DEO during the month of May? Since I did see some examples in the previous year' application examples.

Thank you

Hi Guys,

Could anyone share some knowledge on the remaining # of spots for DEO NWO (17/18)? Or perhaps, if someone knows someone who may have received a recent offer for this occupation? I am just curious if any of the recent selections touched on DEO NWOs as it seems to be pretty quiet in this department. Thank you!

Buck_HRA said:
17/18 there are no positions remaining; and for 18/19 there is a tentative 28 positions available (please note that this number is not finalized and subject to change).  For Selection Date information please refer to the following thread: https://navy.ca/forums/threads/125930.0

Hi Buck. Thanks, does that mean there won't be a selection until April 1 ? (at the earliest)

Buck_HRA said:
My statements are always in regards to <b>current</b> selections.  The selections happening <b>currently</b> for 2017/2018 Intake are still for DEO, MOTP, DOTP, SEELM, NCM Unskilled, NCM Semi-skilled; the selections happening <b>currently</b> for 2018/2019 Intake are only for ROTP.

Also from Buck
for the most part the only selections occurring prior to mid/late February for 2018/2019 are for subsidized education (ROTP, MOTP, DOTP, SEELM & NCM-STEP).  2018/2019 selections for all other entry plans normally don't start occurring until early March at the earliest.  There are exceptions to this, but for the most part leaning forwarding doesn't occur.

From me: Yes seem you are looking at early March / April at the earliest. That's my understanding of it as I am in the same ''boat'' as you are but for a different trade.
I'm sure Buck or Mariomike  will chime in to confirm.

Hello,
By any chance, can you please tell, how many Infantry DEO left for the year 17/18.
Thanks

Hello,
Does anyone know if the DEO ACSO for year 17/18 is full? if it is, how many are they thinking of hiring for 18/19?

Thank you

mhl0701 said:
...Does anyone know if the DEO ACSO for year 17/18 is full? if it is, how many are they thinking of hiring for 18/19?

Not sure about 17/18 remaining numbers ( if any remain at all), but for DEO ACSO 18/19 it is projected at 11. Source is found at top of recruiting forum under DEO Intake 18/19, posted by Buck_HRA.

I'm curious if any DEO Infantry officers got an offer yet from the 18 January selection.

Thanks.

I am in competition list since September  2017 for Infantry DEO. I still didn't received any offer yet. According to my communication with recruiter. Selection held on 31st Janauary and next will be Feb 14th and Feb 28th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back