• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
wnhan said:
Hi Buck,

When you get a chance, could you please check on the available positions left for the trade of Construction Engineering Officer under the DEO entry plan?

Kindest regards,
wnhan
As of today's date there are approx. 50% positions remaining for DEO CONST ENGR.

For all the pilots on this thread: It does not appear like any pilots were selected on 18-Jan.  As to when a trade is being selected, it's not that the recruiters don't want to tell you.  Selections are organized based on type of enrolment (i.e. ROTP, NCM Semi-skilled, DEO, etc); and just because a DEO Selection is projected, it doesn't mean that all open DEO occupations will be looked at during that selection.

At the moment DEO selections are being scheduled twice a month for the 2017/2018 FY.  For FY 2018/2019 the only selections occurring is for ROTP.

I imagine that FY stands for Fiscal Year? I am probably reading wrong, but there will be no DEO Pilot selections anytime in the 2018/2019 fiscal year? Could you clarify what is meant here?

FA22raptero said:
I imagine that FY stands for Fiscal Year? I am probably reading wrong, but there will be no DEO Pilot selections anytime in the 2018/2019 fiscal year? Could you clarify what is meant here?
Yes FY stands for Fiscal Year. 
My statements are always in regards to <b>current</b> selections.  The selections happening <b>currently</b> for 2017/2018 Intake are still for DEO, MOTP, DOTP, SEELM, NCM Unskilled, NCM Semi-skilled; the selections happening <b>currently</b> for 2018/2019 Intake are only for ROTP.

Hi Buck,

Thank you for the information update. Would you happen to know the next projected Pilot DEO selection date, if one did not occur on the 18th?

Thanks Buck again. Your comments and helpfulness on here keep at least some of us sane. I called the recruiting centre today, same as usual. I wonder when the will finish filling 2017/2018, and how many spots are left,  and/or when they start the 2018/2019 fiscal year ?

Just received my offer for DEO CELE officer.
BMOQ starts March 12th.
See some of you there.
The best of luck to anyone else, waiting for their call.

Ailsa_95 said:
Hi Buck
I'm applying for DEO Nursing Officer. I'm wondering if you know when the next selection for this position will be? thanks!

I am also applying for DEO Nursing Officer. Was in to the recruiting centre last week to update a couple things that had expired and was told there are potentially selections occurring for us in mid Feb, but of course that it’s subject to change. Where are you at in your process? Have you completed all the steps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white-1 said:
Where are you at in your process? Have you completed all the steps?

Reply #1625

CFRC: Winnipeg
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade: Nursing Officer
Application Date: January 30, 2017
First Contact: January 31, 2017
CFAT: March 31, 2017
Medical: January, 17, 2018
Interview: January, 17, 2018
Merit list: ??
Position Offered: ??
Ceremony: ??
BMOQ: ??

Swan227 said:
Just received my offer for DEO CELE officer.
BMOQ starts March 12th.
See some of you there.
The best of luck to anyone else, waiting for their call.

Amazing news!  Just curious, when did you apply?

FA22raptero said:
Have fun Swan! Kill it BMOQ!

Thanks FA22raptero.
I will give it my all.
Hang in there.... I sat on the competition list for about 5 months.

colinreid16 said:
Just curious, when did you apply?

Recruiting Center: Hamilton
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Office

Trade Choice 1: CELE
Trade Choice 2: AERE

Application Date: End of November 2016, most likely the 24th
First Contact: Around December 7th 2016
Aptitude Test: Dec 21st rescheduled to January 5th 2017
Medical & Interview: January 16th 2017
Competition List: August 23rd 2017
https://milnet.ca/forums/threads/13064/post-1500865.html#msg1500865

mariomike said:
Recruiting Center: Hamilton
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Office

Trade Choice 1: CELE
Trade Choice 2: AERE

Application Date: End of November 2016, most likely the 24th
First Contact: Around December 7th 2016
Aptitude Test: Dec 21st rescheduled to January 5th 2017
Medical & Interview: January 16th 2017
Competition List: August 23rd 2017
https://milnet.ca/forums/threads/13064/post-1500865.html#msg1500865

mariomike.....you are sharp.

Swan227 said:
I sent my online application end of November 2016.

Thank You !  I can't help but ask that question as I'm waiting patiently as I'm sure you did.  Very excited for you and anyone else headed for training!

colinreid16 said:
Thank You !  I can't help but ask that question as I'm waiting patiently as I'm sure you did.  Very excited for you and anyone else headed for training!

Very patiently.
Once I was on the competition list I did not call until before Christmas.
I focused on improving myself.... it's a life's work.  :nod:

Got the enrollment call today for NCM Infantry, I get sworn in on march 6th and head to BMQ on the 17th can't wait to see you all there!

Ailsa_95 said:
Hi Buck
I'm applying for DEO Nursing Officer. I'm wondering if you know when the next selection for this position will be? thanks!
My apologies for missing your post yesterday; next selection for DEO Nursing Officer likely won't be until mid-March/early-April at the earliest; however the first selection may be pushed further back into the year depending on whether you're a GDNO or if you have one of the following specialties (1) CCNO; (2) PNO; or (3) MHNO.  This information currently is not at the CFRC level as we're looking at options of trying to bring in Specialty Nursing Officers for 2018/2019 and onward.

rcafthrowaway2017 said:
Thank you for the information update. Would you happen to know the next projected Pilot DEO selection date, if one did not occur on the 18th?
There is a projected selection for DEO for 17/18 within the next few days; whether any Pilots will be selected or not I am not sure of.

FA22raptero said:
Thanks Buck again. Your comments and helpfulness on here keep at least some of us sane. I called the recruiting centre today, same as usual. I wonder when the will finish filling 2017/2018, and how many spots are left,  and/or when they start the 2018/2019 fiscal year ?
The issue right now with filling 2017/2018 is available BMOQ spots.  The CAF was mandated to increase it's intake this year but there still are only so many positions in the training system available for BMOQ which is why although there are still positions available, selections are slow going.

For new Fiscal Years traditionally the first selection for DEO normally isn't until mid-March/early-April; however it does appear there are projected dates as early as February this year; although that might change.

white-1 said:
I am also applying for DEO Nursing Officer. Was in to the recruiting centre last week to update a couple things that had expired and was told there are potentially selections occurring for us in mid Feb, but of course that it’s subject to change. Where are you at in your process? Have you completed all the steps?
Please read my earlier response above in regards to Nursing Officer; selections are likely going to be delayed do to a requirement to enroll Specialty Nursing Officers.

Swan227 said:
mariomike.....you are sharp.
That he is; I love his help here, that's why I rarely have to post links to other forums, he beats me to it everytime :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back