• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a very random call from my RC this morning asking if Oct 27th would be too soon for me to go to BMQ. She said they still had some spots to fill for the 27th intake and they were calling recruits to see how many could make it. I said Yes I could, it's a little soon but I'd make it work. I honestly wasn't expecting this so suddenly. I figured I'd be going in January at the earliest, if I got an offer. I only had my medical 3 weeks ago o_O

Sarah_H said:
I got a very random call from my RC this morning asking if Oct 27th would be too soon for me to go to BMQ. She said they still had some spots to fill for the 27th intake and they were calling recruits to see how many could make it. I said Yes I could, it's a little soon but I'd make it work. I honestly wasn't expecting this so suddenly. I figured I'd be going in January at the earliest, if I got an offer. I only had my medical 3 weeks ago o_O

Take it lol.

. _ . I sure wish I got called lol.

Sarah_H said:

Hi Sarah,

I got the very same call today. Same RC as well, but for Infantry, I thought he said he was going to call back today? I was wondering if you did hear back.

Thanks

They didn't say when or if they would call back, but I've been glued to my phone all day regardless! I just hope they call soon...I'm going a little crazy not knowing.

George Wallace said:
Do you have a source for that quote?

What type of qualifications/people are they targeting if they are hiring?

The source I use is the fact that back in June I was told by my MCC that they were recruiting one DEO intelligence officer this year.

goarmy2014 said:
The source I use is the fact that back in June I was told by my MCC that they were recruiting one DEO intelligence officer this year.
how many applied to Intelligence Officer this year? more than 1000 applicants?

BlueShield said:

It seems highly unlikely that the Recruiting Group would spend resources to process 1000+ applicants for 1 available spot. Unless that was sarcasm.

BlueShield said:
How is this tangent related to my initial and unanswered question, which is: does anyone know if the selection for the DEO intelligence officer spot is happening on Monday, and if so, if they are still looking at filling one position?

goarmy2014 said:
does anyone know if the selection for the DEO intelligence officer spot is happening on Monday, and if so, if they are still looking at filling one position?

Yes to both, far as I can tell.  But stranger things have happened.

Hey DAA,

After my interview the recruiter told me that all 3 of my choices are being selected November 4.. I remember reading on here that combat engineer was very unlikely until the new year.. Do you know of there was a change? I figure at least vehicle tech will be making selections bit I'm really hoping for engineer!

ShadyBrah said:
Hey DAA,

After my interview the recruiter told me that all 3 of my choices are being selected November 4.. I remember reading on here that combat engineer was very unlikely until the new year.. Do you know of there was a change? I figure at least vehicle tech will be making selections bit I'm really hoping for engineer!

:pM:

I have my medical on Wednesday(Provided all goes well) I was just wondering if we are still looking at end of Novemberish for Cook selections? 

I think is fair to say, if you are not merit listed by now, you won't be selected at least not until next year. Everybody is different but it took 2 weeks for them to send my file to the RMO after the medical was and all the doctors paper was summited ( they forgot to send it out the first time), 4-6 weeks to process, 2-3 for the RC to finished "paper work" related to it, about 3 to weeks to get in the list, and who knows how long to get selected for the offer.....and all the way of the process I was told my file was one of the most competitive for my trade so it was moving fast...

My first lesson with the military was: "hurry up and wait 101- how to implement patience for new recruits"

I'm not an expert and don't have much Knowlage, I might be wrong, but that's my experience, just my  :2c:

Spimx said:
I think is fair to say, if you are not merit listed by now, you won't be selected at least not until next year.

I dont think that's fair to say. My file was sent for background within 3 days and I'm told I will have no issue being listed by November. Of course its different for everyone. (Some need extra medical papers, some have immediate family out-of-country slowing down security checks) but I wouldn't say he's out for the next selection.

If that makes you feel confident and hopeful, good luck next week on the selection for nov 10 bmq..... Btw that's the last bmq of the year and they need at least two from offer to bmq for processing

ShadyBrah said:
I dont think that's fair to say. My file was sent for background within 3 days and I'm told I will have no issue being listed by November. Of course its different for everyone. (Some need extra medical papers, some have immediate family out-of-country slowing down security checks) but I wouldn't say he's out for the next selection.

It is fair, his medical will probably take 1-2 weeks to go to the RMO to be given the ok. If there is one hiccup and it takes longer then a week he's going to miss the Nov 3rd date. There's some more dates later in Nov(24th I believe) but even then if there are any hiccups and issues he might not make it.

KerryBlue said:
It is fair, his medical will probably take 1-2 weeks to go to the RMO to be given the ok. If there is one hiccup and it takes longer then a week he's going to miss the Nov 3rd date. There's some more dates later in Nov(24th I believe) but even then if there are any hiccups and issues he might not make it.

You see the logic, I know the feeling of waiting and want to start serving, but is good to keep an open mind and be real about the process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back