• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAA,

Can offers be made up to a week before BMOQ or BMQ starts?

Is that a regular occurrence, or is there no "average" time as to when someone is told they are going to Basic?

Thanks.

Based on this thread, last year some people were told a week before basic started - they had to accept right away and swear-in the day before they flew. I hope its not a regular occurrence as many people are contractually obligated to give a certain amount of notice to their employers!

Thanks goarmy2014.

I remember somewhere in this thread that if you haven't been called 2 weeks after selection, you probably didn't get selected.

But I guess anything can happen until the position is officially closed for the year?

Hi, does anyone know when the selection dates for Weapons Technician (Land) will be? I heard that there was supposed to be 3, end of August, October & November. But I don't know if it's true..

My recruitment center told me that most people are called within one to two weeks after the selection date but that's not always the case.

For example the selection dates for cooks was June 21st, it probably only took them a week or  two to review and rank everyone on the list but they couldn't call anyone yet. The hiring numbers weren't officialy approved until July 30th, I was called on July 31st.

My recruitment center said that usually you start BMQ 1 to 5 weeks after accepting the offer. I was told you usually get exactly ten days to accept the offer but sometimes less depending on the timeline. I was offered September 8th BMQ, gave my work a 3 and a half the week notice so I'm left with a week and a half to spend time with my spouse.

Those are the average timelines that my recruitment center told me but remember don't freak out if you don't get called back within two weeks because that's just the average timeline.

I am curious if anybody knows when the next selection date is for WFE NCMs as well as EGS NCMs? I was told by my RC that it is July 23rd, but as I had my interview/medical July 30th I doubt I qualify for this round of applications.

Recruiting Center: Winnipeg
Regular/Reserve: Regular Forces
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Water, Fuels, and Environmental Technician
Trade Choice 2: Meteorological Technician
Trade Choice 3: Electricity Generating Systems Technician.
Application Date: April 28th 2014
First Contact: Somewhere in End of May 2014
CFAT Date : June 25th 2014
Medical Date: July 30th 2014 
Interview Date: July 30th 2014
Merit Listed: -
Position Offered: -
Enrolment/Swearing in: -
BMQ Start Date: -

Does anyone know when the Selection dates for Weapons Tech (Land) and Ammunition Tech are?

Hold on to your hats! Calls are coming out! Just got my call for Infantry! Best of luck all!

SJantzi said:
Hold on to your hats! Calls are coming out! Just got my call for Infantry! Best of luck all!

Congrats on the offer man, it sure took long enough...

Haha, thank you! yes, it was a long ride to the start line, but its finally about to start. Best wishes to everyone still waiting for their calls, and hope to see you in CFRLS halls!

Anxiously awaiting the selection dates, hoping with baited breath my son finally gets his call sometime this summer. He's applied for NCM Air Stuctures Tech, and has cleared all the processing and is merit listed (since May). It was going so well and so quickly with such positive insights from the recruiting centre and those who interviewed him, etc.... He didn't make the May selections, but a friend of ours works in recruiting and told us there where selections in July and August/ along with DAA's helpful advice that another selection was slated for August 13th....we are keeping the hope alive! We where told as well that his trade looks like it needed about 80 some people for this fiscal year still, so our friend told us to tell our son to not give up hope. We are supporting our son 110%, as you can imagine the wait is nerve wracking when one wants to start their future very badly! We are very hopeful something will come his way by the end of the summer! My question is, being that he's merit listed and finished processing, should he be emailing his file manager for updates still/ to show interest?? or should he just hold tight and wait for "The Call"??? would hate for him to be a pest/ but also don't want them to think he isn't still interested and invested. Thanks!

SJantzi said:

That is amazing that you stuck through it. Congratulations! That wait scares me.

Teamellis22 said:
That is amazing that you stuck through it. Congratulations! That wait scares me.

Haha thanks! The wait feels really long at times, but once you get "The Call" the wait feels 100% worth it! Just need to be patient, and not let it bother you ;)
:salute:

SJantzi said:
Haha thanks! The wait feels really long at times, but once you get "The Call" the wait feels 100% worth it! Just need to be patient, and not let it bother you ;)
:salute:

Hey, If you don't mind me asking, why did your application take so long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back