• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, my CFRC was always very welcoming and actually encouraged me to follow-up every few weeks to ensure my file was moving along. That being said, I would follow-up in person. Having spent quite a bit of time in the lobby of the CFRC, I can attest to the fact that the person manning reception is often very busy and does not get to answer every phone call. I can only imagine that it would be even worst in a metropolis like Toronto!

Second point: CFRCs are renowned for not being "client-focused" - many applicants think of themselves as clients, but that is absolutely not the case (see thread about "the CF doesn't owe you a job"). The client in recruitment is the CF, and they have a huge pool of applicants to choose from (although the lack of follow-up is something that the ombudsman criticized in his 2006 review of the recruitment system). Imagine that the CF is like a client at the grocery store who needs 4 apples for a recipe, and they are trying to figure out which apples to buy from the bin. Only a fraction of the apples are going to get "inspected", and of these, even fewer will ultimately be purchased. Even though the grocery store client has glanced at all of the apples, not everyone gets to go on to every stage of the competition process - so if your CFAT score is on the lower end of the percentile, you may not be selected to continue on in the process. Or if you're a Gala apple but they need Red Delicious, you'll be put at the back of the bin. The point of this metaphor: If you have been waiting months for a medical or interview, you should ask them straight-up if your file is competitive or not. If you've been waiting months to just get through the door and have your file processed, you should ask them if the trades you applied for are in demand or not (if they are closed they won't process your file at that time). If the jobs you applied for are in demand, and you are told that your file is competitive, show your motivation for the job by showing up to the recruitment center once in a while to get an update on the process.

goarmy2014 said:
No, my CFRC was always very welcoming and actually encouraged me to follow-up every few weeks to ensure my file was moving along. That being said, I would follow-up in person. Having spent quite a bit of time in the lobby of the CFRC, I can attest to the fact that the person manning reception is often very busy and does not get to answer every phone call. I can only imagine that it would be even worst in a metropolis like Toronto!

Second point: CFRCs are renowned for not being "client-focused" - many applicants think of themselves as clients, but that is absolutely not the case (see thread about "the CF doesn't owe you a job"). The client in recruitment is the CF, and they have a huge pool of applicants to choose from (although the lack of follow-up is something that the ombudsman criticized in his 2006 review of the recruitment system). Imagine that the CF is like a client at the grocery store who needs 4 apples for a recipe, and they are trying to figure out which apples to buy from the bin. Only a fraction of the apples are going to get "inspected", and of these, even fewer will ultimately be purchased. Even though the grocery store client has glanced at all of the apples, not everyone gets to go on to every stage of the competition process - so if your CFAT score is on the lower end of the percentile, you may not be selected to continue on in the process. Or if you're a Gala apple but they need Red Delicious, you'll be put at the back of the bin. The point of this metaphor: If you have been waiting months for a medical or interview, you should ask them straight-up if your file is competitive or not. If you've been waiting months to just get through the door and have your file processed, you should ask them if the trades you applied for are in demand or not (if they are closed they won't process your file at that time). If the jobs you applied for are in demand, and you are told that your file is competitive, show your motivation for the job by showing up to the recruitment center once in a while to get an update on the process.

:goodpost:

Yes I'm out of Toronto. I've finished all testing and was just waiting on the commissionaires office to process my fingerprints to be merit listed. When last at the office someone told me after two months to call and make sure that I have been merit listed or they might misplace or forget my file. As I already went through this with the North Bay office slacking on sending my info to Toronto, I really want to know my answer. The distrust I have for these guys is immense. I'm going infantry by the way and hopefully I get in the next selection as I've been waiting since October 2012.

Infantryman2b said:
The distrust I have for these guys is immense. I'm going infantry by the way and hopefully I get in the next selection as I've been waiting since October 2012.

RC Ottawa "forgot" to process my request for transfer 3 times, RC Toronto has forgoten to initiate my Garda 3 times now. I should have been merit listed post med files coming back clean but now because someone "forgot" to start the Garda the week before my interview like they were supposed to I'm still sitting here not merit listed.

I hope my name makes it to the list for the Aug 25th Inf selections or bare minimum Nov 4th Combat Eng selections,.

KerryBlue said:
RC Ottawa "forgot" to process my request for transfer 3 times, RC Toronto has forgoten to initiate my Garda 3 times now. I should have been merit listed post med files coming back clean but now because someone "forgot" to start the Garda the week before my interview like they were supposed to I'm still sitting here not merit listed.

I hope my name makes it to the list for the Aug 25th Inf selections or bare minimum Nov 4th Combat Eng selections,.

Wow..... Why am I not surprised though.

shooked1 said:
I was never met/told how my file mangers how can I find out.

I also never met my file manager and I have no idea who he or she may be or what their role is. Is this common practice? Only CFRC personnel I have had any contact with was the person who spoke to me following my CFAT and they never introduced themselves via name or title.

shooked1 said:
I was never met/told how my file mangers how can I find out.

I only found out who my file manager was by (I'm guessing) annoying the person who I got on the phone every time and they told me who my file manager was. But I really lucked out as my file manager is awesome! I've always contacted him via email, he always responds basically within the hour and lets me know exactly whats going on with my file!

KerryBlue said:
Yep, I'm at what a year and 3 months. By the time I'm hopefully off to BMQ for either Inf or Eng it will be close to a year and a half 2 years.
Same here, been a year and 2 weeks.
I'm going for the same trades. Good luck! Hope we get the call finally.

GraemeCaughill said:
Same here, been a year and 2 weeks.
I'm going for the same trades. Good luck! Hope we get the call finally.
Hey think of it this way, at least you guys have had your meds/interviews

AlphaBravo said:
Hey think of it this way, at least you guys have had your meds/interviews
This is true, and I hope you get those done soon!
The wait is certainly painful but all great things are worth some patience.

Jacksonovff said:
Do any of you know when selections for artillary and infantry are?

Aug 25th is the next Infantry selection date, artillery is probably around the same time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back