• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Selection Dates 2013-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the combat arms trades selecting in October and November? (Infantry) Or does anyone have an earlier date? Just waiting for my reference check. Finally through everything else. Almost a year into the process.

GraemeCaughill said:
Are the combat arms trades selecting in October and November? (Infantry) Or does anyone have an earlier date? Just waiting for my reference check. Finally through everything else. Almost a year into the process.

Nov. 4 and 23rd for combat arms if in fact the 23rd ones happen. I have been hearing conflicting info about whether the selections on this date will still happen.

After I was given the "No" for MP I was told by my file manager during my follow-up interview that selection for combat arms is August 3rd. I changed my trades to Infanty, Armoured and Combat Engineer. So if you have been merit listed you may receive a call early to mid August; this is based on knowledge received from my file manager. Best of luck!

As we eagerly await July 23rd and hope for good news phone calls, I'm wondering how selection boards actually operate. I understand the process of being merit listed - you are awarded points for your performance on CFAT, medical, interview, etc. But how does the selection board actually select individuals? Is the applicant with the highest score on the merit list automatically offered the position, or does the selection board do a review of the files? Is the selection board made-up of officers in that trade, or is it a combination of different trades? I'm just curious as to how the process works  :)

I read a report that explains how the recruitment process for officers worked in the late 1990s but it seems to have changed quite a bit - back then, candidates were actually merit listed and assigned scores by the selection board, rather than by the recruiting center. The rationale was to be able to standardize how candidates were ranked nationally, but it seems like an awful lot of work!
http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/p010373.pdf

I am a little confused, is the 23rd of July the selection date for Officers, only? Just curious ...

KerryBlue said:
Nov. 4 and 23rd for combat arms if in fact the 23rd ones happen. I have been hearing conflicting info about whether the selections on this date will still happen.

Does anyone know if the 23rd selection date doesn't happen will they have another one shortly after to replace it? Just asking because I am on the verge of being merit listed but don't think it happened by the 22nd, calling later to find out.

ace1125 said:
Does anyone know if the 23rd selection date doesn't happen will they have another one shortly after to replace it? Just asking because I am on the verge of being merit listed but don't think it happened by the 22nd, calling later to find out.

From what I was told, Armoured is Aug 3rd, Infantry is Aug 25th, then nothing until November 3rd which I believe is Combat Eng

Thats promising news KerryBlue. Hopefully my almost 2 year wait is finally going to end.  :cdn:

Infantryman2b said:
Thats promising news KerryBlue. Hopefully my almost 2 year wait is finally going to end.  :cdn:

Yep, I'm at what a year and 3 months. By the time I'm hopefully off to BMQ for either Inf or Eng it will be close to a year and a half 2 years.

Just thought I'd start a thread for anyone waiting to hear.  If you so wish, you can share what you have applied for and/or when you've received an offer. 

Hoping to be selected for PAO here.

Good luck all!!! :cdn:

The waiting game sucks but I know getting that call will make it all worth it. Good luck. :salute:

I too am on the verge of or was just merit listed.
My CFRC does not provide selection dates anymore. Does anyone know what the selection date for
RMS Clerk
Met Tech
WFE Tech

Are after July 23rd selection?

niftynicolemarie said:
My CFRC does not provide selection dates anymore. Does anyone know what the selection date for
RMS Clerk
Met Tech
WFE Tech

From what my CFRC told me last week, Met tech has no openings anymore and WFE tech has only 4 openings and there is no other selection date scheduled. RMS - I have no idea.

niftynicolemarie said:
RMS Clerk
Met Tech
WFE Tech

RMS Clk - 25 Aug

Met Tech and WFE Tech - probably not until Jan 15.

Tsaorina said:
From what my CFRC told me last week, Met tech has no openings anymore and WFE tech has only 4 openings and there is no other selection date scheduled. RMS - I have no idea.
I had heard the same thing about Met Tech and WFE :(

Has anyone else tried getting a file update only to be told that they dont give updates anymore and were forced to sit and wait for them to call?

Infantryman2b said:
Has anyone else tried getting a file update only to be told that they dont give updates anymore and were forced to sit and wait for them to call?

Are you out of CFRC Toronto?

The new policy is that you can no longer call the main desk to get an update. Trying emailing your MCC or your file manager. Or the forces.cs website has a ling for a contact us about your online application email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back