• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Searching for a Gun

Cardstonkid

Inactive
Reaction score
I work at the Remington Carriage Museum in Cardston Alberta. We are partnering with the 18th Air Defence Regiment (They are being re-rolled back to Artillery as we speak) The Museum (run by the Alberta Government) is partnering with the Regiment to help them celebrate their 100 years in Southern Alberta. As a part of the centenary celebrations we are trying to find a 9 or 13 pdr Gun and limber of the WWI era. . It may be a replica, but should be able to be horse drawn. Is anyone aware of a place these items can be purchased or borrowed? The gun would not be fired, although a percussion cap may be used. It would be used in Parades and ceremonial functions for the year. (2008) The Regiment is doing their search by asking military units in Canada and abroad. (At this point those units that have then are unwilling to share as they use them for their ceremonial drill, so I don't blame them) I am focusing on finding replicas or the companies that sell them. My search has produce limited results. Does anyone on this forum have any ideas where to search? Would there be a Legion in your area with one parked out front? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert Mein
Senior Interpreter
Remington Carriage Museum

Maybe check with the artillery museum at CFB Shilo, Manitoba?

Back