• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Sdt. Simon Longtin, 3e Bn, Royal 22e -- 19 août 07

L'identité d'un militaire canadien mort en Afghanistan est révélée
Communiqué, CEFCOM NR–07.033 - le 19 août 2007
http://www.forces.gc.ca/site/newsroom/view_news_f.asp?id=2424

Photo ici

OTTAWA – Voici le nom du militaire canadien qui a été tué aujourd’hui en Afghanistan :

* Le Soldat Simon Longtin, membre du 3e Bataillon, Royal 22e Régiment, cantonné à Valcartier, Québec.

Le Sdt Longtin a succombé à ses blessures lorsque son VBL III eut touché une bombe artisanale vers 01 h 41, heure de Kandahar, à environ 20 km à l'ouest de Kandahar City.  Au moment de l'incident, le convoi canadien retournait d'une base d'opération avancée après une mission de ravitaillement depuis le terrain d'aviation de Kandahar.

-30-

Name released by CF....

Name of Canadian soldier killed in Afghanistan released
News release, CEFCOM NR–07.033 - August 19, 2007
English
français

OTTAWA – The identity of the Canadian soldier killed in Afghanistan today is as follows:

* Private Simon Longtin of the 3e Bataillon, Royal 22e Régiment, based out of Valcartier, Quebec.

Pte Longtin succumbed to his injuries after his LAV III struck an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) roughly 1:41 am Kandahar time, approximately 20 kms West of Kandahar City. At the time of the incident, the Canadian convoy was returning from a Forward Operating Base following a re-supply mission from Kandahar Airfield.

-30-

Condolence thread started in "Thoughts & Prayers":
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/65323.0.html

This is bad news. I am sorry for all those who knew the troop, friends and family.

Rest in Peace.  :salute: :cdn:

Terrible news.
Repose en paix et sincères condoléances à la famille et aux confrères.   :salute: :cdn:

RIP soldier.  :salute: You've done your time in hell. The rest of the boys will meet you on the other side. 

Deepest condolances to the family.

RIP brother. You've done your duty.

Je me souviens

More bad news is right!

What more can I say, I could say my thoughts are with his mates and family, but after each KIA, this time hope this death will be avenged, and payback with the enemy will come in strong and hard!

Wes

Le reste dans la paix le jeune soldat et peut Dieu vous prendre dans ses bras attendant.

RIP. :salute:

Statement by MND

News Release
Statement by the Minister of National Defence on the death of Private Simon Longtin
NR–07.076 - August 19, 2007

OTTAWA – The Honourable Peter Gordon MacKay, Minister of National Defence and Minister of the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, issued the following statement today on the death of Private Simon Longtin:

“Private Simon Longtin, a professional, dedicated Canadian soldier, made the ultimate sacrifice in Afghanistan.  My deepest condolences go out to his family, comrades and friends, as we all mourn this loss.

Private Longtin was an exceptional Canadian who deserves the gratitude and respect of his nation.  He served valiantly, and represents Canadian values and traditions in the finest sense.

Our mission in Afghanistan is noble and in our national interest, and we will forever honour our troops who put themselves on the line to defend those interests and make a positive difference in the lives of others.”

-30-

Private Simon Longtin was a member of the 3e Bataillon, Royal 22e Régiment, based out of Valcartier, Quebec.

ILS NE VIEILLIRONT PAS COMME NOUS
QUI LEUR AVONS SURVÉCU;
ILS NE CONNAÎTRONT JAMAIS
L'OUTRAGE NI LE POIDS DES ANNÉES.
QUAND VIENDRA L'HEURE DU
CRÉPUSCULE ET CELLE DE L'AURORE,
NOUS NOUS SOUVIENDRONS D'EUX

Repose en Paix.

Je me souviens.

To St Michael's ranks you go, Pte Longtin, for Heaven is yours to guard now.  RIP.

My condolences to the R22eR and the Longtin family.

Back