• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Scottish Muslims Are Outraged - At Puppy

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense to Muslims *CONSIDERING I AM ONE* but this article is beyond stupid. What kind of person would get offended by having a dog on a post card...I guess i'm not Muslim for finding dogs cute.

For the sake of this planet people have to learn how to relax...this is what happens when you have people who are so uptight and use a religion to justify it.

Didnt we have this conversation last year and verify that there's nothing valid about this 'unclean dog' complaint?  If I recall correctly, a belief in dogs being 'unclean' was a cultural belief and not a religious one...

And to go further, I guess this guy was Outraged at his neighbour who owned a dog, and Outraged at the police department for owning a dog, and Outraged at the city for not killing all unclean dogs, and Outraged at the politicians for not banning the ownership of dogs... 

Tolerance and understanding is nice, but some people should just go back where they came from until they grow up... ::)

My former roomate just told me of an amusing incident as he walked his new puppy.  He happened to pass in front of a Mosque.  The way the men reacted you'd think he was waving around a vile of anthrax.  They were honestly, truly terrified. 

I still remember the reaction of our security guard when he wanted to use the elevator and a dog and owner were on.  He told them to get off because he wanted to use it.  The owner refused,  the guard said "I work here and I don't want your dog attacking me"  the owner said "Well I live here and if you want to keep working here you'll stop holding up the elevator".  (I laughed for a while about it - 60+ year old gay guy and his tinny tiny furball taking on a 6'5" big scary Arab security guard in uniform)  Courage in all forms eh?

I am a Muslim and I'd like to know how a PICTURE of a puppy on a postcard has ANYTHING to do with its (ritually unclean) saliva?  Muslim countries like Jordan (for example) use police dogs.  Working dogs like seeing eye, guard, sheep and hunting dogs are specifically mentioned in Islamic legal discussion.

I use to train police officers in Canada, how to deal with this in particular: a bomb threat called in on a Muslim place of worship during Friday prayers (hundreds of congregants).  In walks Constable Goodguy with Sally the German Shep. - NOW WHAT?! 

Answer: until we train FERRETS how to detect bombs and drugs...the puppy'll do just fine!  And Allah knows cuz he PUT that ability in the dog and I'm sure God would want you (and your building) to remain in one piece

HOW did this even make the news, I wonder.  AH YES the story - just look at how many commented!

Scottish Muslim?

There's a contradiction in terms. or Oxymoronic?

What's his name ? Hamish McMuhamid?

Muahhahahah. you owe me a cup of coffee..that was to funny...
What gets me, is that it doesn't matter what the "offence" is, some people will take offence to it, no matter where they are, just for a line or two and thier 15 minutes.
Pah-lease.!

I don't recall any muslims ever signing the Scottish National Covenant (the one that sparked the Bishop's Wars)...or partaking in greased pig wrestling. Could it be that gasp..Scotland is a thoroughly Christian kinda place?

North Star said:
I don't recall any muslims ever signing the Scottish National Covenant (the one that sparked the Bishop's Wars)...or partaking in greased pig wrestling. Could it be that gasp..Scotland is a thoroughly Christian kinda place?
...and paganish.  :D  Mostly all traditions in the Isles are of pagan and Druid backgrounds.  ;)

They never fought for Scotland, and never will. They don't have a right to criticize Scottish culture. If they don't like what goes on in Scotland, they are free to leave, same as in any other free country they inhabit.

:cdn:
Hawk

OldSolduer said:
Scottish Muslim?

There's a contradiction in terms. or Oxymoronic?

What's his name ? Hamish McMuhamid?

Hmmmm....I guess the same can be said about Canadian Jews, catholics and all the other faiths eh? A scottish Muslim is probably someone of the muslim faith born and bred in Scotland, and here is the shocker.....with a thick scottish accent.

You sound like one of those that think to be a canadian, you only have to be white ( no matter where the white is from, even if it's bosnia )?

Howz that?

I would love to hear that.

A Scottish Muslim reciting the Koran with a thick brogue!! >:D

OldSolduer said:
I would love to hear that.

A Scottish Muslim reciting the Koran with a thick brogue!! >:D

You need to get out the boonies then. As a Brit from London, I have seen people of all shades with the various British accents.

jacksparrow said:
You sound like one of those that think to be a canadian, you only have to be white ( no matter where the white is from, even if it's bosnia )?

Nice stretch ::) I personally think we should just think of ourselves as Canadian. Not (insert nationality/religious)-Canadian.

jacksparrow.....try to see the humor in it before your brand me as a racist....

Or maybe your sense of humor has been adjusted by the Political Correctness cops.

Your screen name is that of a pirate.....in reality one of the worst criminals of their time. The bikers of their time. Do I brand you as a criminal?

You missed the rest of the headline.

"Scottish Muslims Are Outraged,...All 14 of Them!"

All done, nothing to see here.

That's it, keep moving and no rubbernecking!

50.gif

Milnet.ca Fun Five O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back