• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Scalp Micropigmentation (scalp tattoo) permitted?

InfantryHopeful101

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi, are there any restrictions for CAF on receiving scalp micropigmentation (basically inking in your hairline for the buzz cut look)? I had seen the updated dress regulations mention that face tattoos and dyed hair were now permitted, but didn't see anything pertaining to SMP specifically.

Thanks

The sole restrictions on tattoos are prohibiting:
  1. Tattoos that a CAF member knows, or ought reasonably to know, are connected with criminal activities (e.g., criminal gangs), tattoos that promote and/or express, on the basis of a prohibited ground of discrimination as defined in the Canadian Human Rights Act (CHRA), the following: hatred, violence, discrimination, or harassment; or
  2. Tattoos that a CAF member knows, or ought to know, promote and/ or express: racism, sexism, misogyny, misandry, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, or sexually explicit material.
There's nothing else about style, placement, or type.

Hi, are there any restrictions for CAF on receiving scalp micropigmentation (basically inking in your hairline for the buzz cut look)? I had seen the updated dress regulations mention that face tattoos and dyed hair were now permitted, but didn't see anything pertaining to SMP specifically.

Thanks

If you intend to pursue a post-CAF career, this may, or may not, be of interest,

Appearances and Hiring in Canada​

Given Canadian culture’s ever-growing tendency towards the celebration of differences, it may surprise you to learn that, when it comes to hiring, employers have every right not to hire someone because they are tattooed or heavily pierced. So long as the tattoos or piercings are not part of an ethnic, religious or tribal custom, the Human Rights Act and the Charter of Rights and Freedoms do not apply to employers’ hiring choices with regards to body modifications.

Thanks for the responses, SMP treatment (if done well) just looks like someone has a buzzed head (instead of the bald Mr. Clean look), so it wouldn't be noticeable unless you didn't shave your head for a week or two. Seems like it should be ok

Seems like scalp tattoos are still prohibited despite the new changes regarding the dress code policy (even if nothing is mentioned as being prohibited). My application was refused despite have gone through all the processes up to the selection one as I have a scalp tattoo.

Back