• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Russian Spetsnaz in Bosnia

B

babicma

b0105166a.jpg

b0105166c.jpg

b0105166d.jpg

b0105166e.jpg

b0105166f.jpg

b0105166g.jpg

b030528b.jpg

b02011a.jpg

So where did you get the pics? As far as I know there are NO Russian troops in the Bosnia theater of operations, and I work in a place where info like that is quite easy to find. Smells like poo...

I know there are Bulgarians working out of Camp Butmir but they are far from Spetsnaz. ;)

Regards

It‘s their "Circus troop" on a Balkans tour !!!

I think I saw that on "real tv" a loong time ago; they do kind of look like circus pirates.
Either way, they‘re topping my list of people I do not want to get into a bar brawl with.

I got it off an old SFOR site:

http://www.nato.int/sfor/nations/russia.htm

Thought so. Next time ensure you enclose that little tidbit of info please ;)

...got all ruffled up for nothing :(

Regards

I still think it‘s a circus... we had a group of russian Spetnaz visit 1 CDO in Pet in the early 90s. They demonstrated a similar ballet, a nice choreography, in B-21... but when it came time for knife throwing, all the guy managed to do was cut his fingers pretty badly, with the knife repeatedly hitting square on the wall and falling to the ground. :D
Not impressive...

babicma, smaller avatar. Your current one is too large.

Those spetnaz... What are they trying to prove? They are hard? :D

That‘s still large for my tastes, but acceptable by board standards.

"we had a group of russian Spetnaz visit 1 CDO in Pet in the early 90s. They demonstrated a similar ballet, a nice choreography, in B-21... but when it came time for knife throwing, all the guy managed to do was cut his fingers pretty badly, with the knife repeatedly hitting square on the wall and falling to the ground."

Now thats some real crap, I've seen Russian spetsnaz use knifes and throw knifes and trust me they are amazing, second of all, I have a friend who was in Russian spetsnaz, he can use a knife like no other, and he has very high selfdefense and close combat like hand to hand combat skills... They are also darn very good trained...
So before you make something up, please think it over. (No hard feelings)

I'm a U.S. Marine, and damn proud of it too!!

Well good ol'neighbors good luck!!!

Hey, maybe he was tryin to be funny... I wouldn't know, but I know how most people talk crap about other countries militaries and think that their military is the best in the world, i feel the same way. Even I make fun of other countries military with my buddies when I see something on TV or elsewhere. But from what I have witnessed from Russian military, well... how about this... I gained respect for Russian military.

Grom said:
Hey, maybe he was tryin to be funny... I wouldn't know, but I know how most people talk crap about other countries militaries and think that their military is the best in the world, i feel the same way. Even I make fun of other countries military with my buddies when I see something on TV or elsewhere. But from what I have witnessed from Russian military, well... how about this... I gained respect for Russian military.
I'm not making anything up. Senior members on this board know my background; how about yours ?? You come off more like a kid than a Soldier... Where do you live in Russia ??
Put some (true) info in your profile so we know who you are.

Back