• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rules for dating the RSM's daughter

Colin P said:
... and able to KICK BUTT. Marital Arts and Pistols...
Marital arts eh ?!?!?  ^-^ And what exactly does that consist of ?? Is it anything like the Geishas ??
Me, I have two boys so...   8)

Hunter said:
I'm going to print a stack and leave them by the front door for when the boys start sniffing around.  My daughter's only 10 so I've got a couple of years left I hope.

But that means they got in.  Better to post it on the lawn, in a frame like a real estate sign. 
GAP said:
Isn't that kinda like bible camp ;D

Oh, it's biblical all right :-X.  Mine won't get to go to Army cadet camp.  Maybe Air Force cadets, since they are the closest to girl scouts.  :warstory: Ok, I'm ready, bring it on ;D

If I ever have a girl....she starts boxing at 5 years old. Something about being able to knock a guy out with a single haymaker makes me happy. None of that scratching crap for my kids....

To quote my neices:

"All boys should go away except Daddy and Uncle Scott" and "Uncle Scott says he's going on my first date"

Scott said:
To quote my neices:

"All boys should go away except Daddy and Uncle Scott" and "Uncle Scott says he's going on my first date"

"Daddy says im the best kisser"

- American Vacation  ;D

GAP said:
Wish I had these rules 10 years ago. 5 boys 1 girl...the girl was more trouble than all 5 boys put together. At least with the boys you can grab them, thump their wee heads against the wall, tell them they were stupid and they listen...the girl, all I got was tears and that was just from talking to her...god, what do you do then????

ps: she turned out beautifully...go figure! ;D

See, if you have a boy, you only have to worry about one. You have a girl, you have to worry about ALL the boys.

My sister turns 5 this year. I'm just waiting for her to bring back her first date. Between Dad, my brother, and me making sure I'll be there, we should have quite an intimidation factor.

Gentlemen,

With all do respect, we girls can look after ourselves.  

A little bit of advice, if you hang on too tight and set too many rules we'll just go do what we want anyways, whether you know or not.

Nice to see there are so many caring dads here though  :salute:

HL

P.S. If we need yah we ask...and be ready when we do, cause there is no greater hero than a girl's dad.

Thank god my daughter is still in diapers.  I plan to just play the game and be a nice guy, until....  my wife or my daughter says so, that way the little bugger will not see it coming, or where he wakes up.

there is not greater hero than a girl's dad.

That is so true.

I'll tell you though, my brothers were much more intimidating to the guys that I brought home than my dad ever was.

Have you ever seen General Mackenzie's daughter?  She is stunningly beautiful.  Definitely worth risk of raising the ire of the General.
[/quote]

Yes she is and your right worth the risk.

Wookilar said:
My daughter turns 5 this summer. She's had "Daddy's Ten Rules of Dating" (same thing, my sister sent it to me when the little one was born) framed and on her wall for some time now. I figure she'll read it at about age 10 (and she'll be pissed  ;D). Excellent guidelines.

When she grows up i fear for any man's life that trys to date her!

my72jeep said:
Have you ever seen General Mackenzie's daughter?  She is stunningly beautiful.  Definitely worth risk of raising the ire of the General.

Yes she is and your right worth the risk.

Hmmm - she races cars like her dad.  From what someone told me, she can be a bit scary behind the wheel - don't let her drive you on the date.

MM

was that before or after he read you the riot act,,,
sounds like a certain rsms duaghter i dated,,,lol
he read me all those rule and a few hundred more
::)yup roy messer clued me in real fast :warstory:
anyway just an old war story.sigh
anyone remember george elliot,,dave dillion...dave fyvie,dave tibbs,phil hrynyk,
al mantel,benny paquin,art merritt,ron (moose nancarrow)donny walsh..
served 8-ch 1975 to 1982
comox 82-84
and lahr rcd 1984-86
sorry to throw all; these in but been looking for these guys for for ever
cheers best regards
scoty brandt

zipperhead_cop said:
But that means they got in.  Better to post it on the lawn, in a frame like a real estate sign.  

Seen!

I printed them and showed them to the bambina.  I took a very fatherly and serious tone, telling her that I was thinkng that soon she might start getting in boys, and if when the boys started coming around & I wanted to have some ground rules laid out.  She didn't look too happy at first , but then she figured it out. 

My favourite is the end of rule #6 - If you make my daughter cry, I will make you cry. 

Gen MacKenzie's daughter can ride a horse too (and I don't mean you Tess).  When my daughter turned 5 I had a theme birthday party for her at this early-1800s era log farm in Ottawa.  It was managed by Lone Star Catering and there were lots of animals around and great food.  Ms MacKenzie came galloping up on a horse and dropped off a present for Steph..it made quite an impression on the little one, and got me thinking about joining the military!  :)

I DID date, and subsequently marry, the RSM's daughter.  29 years later, I don't regret it.

Although her Dad has passed, I still recall the terror he at first instilled in me (I was but a Private at the time) - in later years he proved himself to be one hell of a fine fellow.

Until the day he died, I called him SIR.

God bless ya, John - you raised one hell of a daughter, and helped me raise three excellent sons.

GAP said:
Wish I had these rules 10 years ago. 5 boys 1 girl...the girl was more trouble than all 5 boys put together. At least with the boys you can grab them, thump their wee heads against the wall, tell them they were stupid and they listen...the girl, all I got was tears and that was just from talking to her...god, what do you do then????

ps: she turned out beautifully...go figure! ;D

blah hahahahahahahahahahaha.. great one. I still got a few years until my daugther is up there.... but still it sits in the back of my mind.

TMM said:
LMAO!

My own experience is that covers pretty much all fathers, not just the RSM!

Ha ha...used to know an RCMP Staff Sgt who cleaned his sidearm while "getting to know" the lad who was picking up his daughter....this was extremely effective in avoiding...ummm... misunderstandings

With respect to Sigs rules, which are awsome, I will add these..............

Number 11...... The next time You roll you eyes, will be the last.......

Number 12....... Never think I am stupid, or I can be outsmarted by you......I was you.

This list is great! especially #4!  my wife and i are currently trying for our first child and I'm hoping for a girl so i can hand out some intimidation rather than the one being intimidated. five years ago it was pretty scary! 2 fathers (step & Biological) and the 7 brothers her being the only girl!

Back