• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP - OT before I finish my degree

matthias.obrien

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just started the process to transfer to Pilot (the trade I had originally desired, but there were no positions available when I originally applied to the forces 2 years ago).

Now that it's opened up, I felt this was my chance. I was in air cadets for 6 years, and did ground school/aviation training but never got my pilot's license. I hope this does not hold me back, as I am very motivated to become a pilot and I've already bought materials to help me prepare.

The deadline for pilot apps was Sept 30, so I've just barely made it in.

I am not qualified in any trade. I only recently completed BMOQ. And I am not commissioned. I have one year left in my program.

My questions are:
A) Would being ROTP hold me back from an OT?
B) Would not having my pilot's license hold me back?
C) When I did the paper work, my liason officer told me that it's possible I will be released from the CF if my OT is denied. Is this common? Should I be worrying about this?
D) If I am released from the CF, would I be able to re-apply?
E) And if I am released, does this mean I have to pay back all my tuition?

Thanks in advance for any information. I've read through this part of the forums, but could not find anything related to OT during ROTP.

Back