• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2010-2011

If it hasn't changed, you will not be able to bring that stuff with you. They will be confiscated upon your arrival if you bring them. There is a thread about it on this site where you can read the reasons why they do it.

I can't imagine they will let you ingest anything they don't provide.

fanman said:
Anyone know if we can bring supplements to RMC? Products like creatine, nitric oxide, protein, etc? On the instructions it says no "Illegal substances (including caffeine concentrates wake-up)" NO-xplode has about 100mg per scoop, which is the same as a cup of coffee. As well I do know space is limited......but these products are not cheap lol. So I hate to let them go to waste. I don't use them anymore, just want to take them with me just in case I fell like I need to use them again. My friend who is going onto his 2nd year at RMC said he and a lot of others take creatine/protein to keep up with the rigorous physical training.

Any feedback is welcome :)

PS. I do know all natural is the way to go with maybe protein. But I was inactive for about a year (had 2 jobs, AP courses, cadets) and when I got that call for RMC, I was like "Holy $%#, I'm out of shape." I needed a boost and creatine/protein/Nitric Oxide provided that.

This is slightly off topic, but NO-Xplode as a supplement is overpriced garbage. Caffeine pills will run you a few dollars for a couple hundred. You should read up on nitric oxide supplementation. Whatever you will go through, creatine and NO-Xplode will not be difference makers.

Protein and creatine are still natural. Not being natural implies the usage of AAS.

A lot of people use stims before physical activity, but when it comes down to it, hard work, consistency and dedication will get you back in shape, not protein powder, creatine or NO-Xplode.

And as for caffeine pills  I have a bottle I find handy during the school year for all nighters or if im really sluggish in the morning (so much cheaper than coffee)...but for the courses if they won't let you have caffeine pills then they wont let you have anything else.

ReidMeyers said:
I'm currently finishing up my paperwork for when I meet my ULO. My will currently has me stumped and I'll ask this question assuming everyone's will is in the same format as mine. On the second page where it says SWORN BEFORE ME AT and then has the curly brackets, who is supposed to fill in that spot. At first it seemed obvious that it was one of the witnesses but then it asked for a rank and unit to be filled in. I don't want this left blank for when I get to my ULO but I don't want it to be filled in if it wasn't supposed to be.

Any help would be most appreciated,

Reid Meyers

I am meeting my ULO next Tuesday, but I have no knowledge of any paperwork having to be done prior to the meeting... I was not informed about it at all. Is there a place where I can access the documents to be filled out?

daindophia said:
I am meeting my ULO next Tuesday, but I have no knowledge of any paperwork having to be done prior to the meeting... I was not informed about it at all. Is there a place where I can access the documents to be filled out?

Do not worry about it before hand.
I visited my ULO this past Wednesday and the paperwork is all organized for you.
You will be guided through the process one step at a time.
I filled in my will before hand. However, the will has to be filled out on the computer (at least in my case). Therefor, she used my handwritten version to fill out the document.
Besides that, you should have the contact information of the people to contact on your behalf in case of an emergency (ie: parents or wife).

Don't stress about it. It took me a little less than an hour for the entire process. Then you will get to check out the different buildings on the base.

You were so lucky! Our entire process of meeting our ULO has been one giant cluster f**k.  And now the week we are supposed to be at the base doing paperwork and being shown around, she decided to take vacation. And if that wasn't bad enough her boss also took vacation at the some time!!!
All I have to say is thank god for the kind, friendly, and helpful staff in the orderly room ( BOR). If it wasn't for them we would be completely clueless for Recruit Camp.
Let's hope all of you have a much better experience then I.
A word of advice... Dont be afraid to ask questions, and ask plenty of them. This is your future we are talking about.

Good Luck  :)

AirBratt
AirBratt said:
All I have to say is thank god for the kind, friendly, and helpful staff in the orderly room ( BOR). If it wasn't for them we would be completely clueless for Recruit Camp.
Were you in a group of like ten people at Bordan? Beacuse if you were the ULO's here in Ottawa had a bunch of files for people from there that never showed up in Ottawa.

No we weren't in borden. It was 3 of us a little north of there.
Everything that went wrong could all be traced back to one individual so I dont want to be to specific. (Don't want to rock the boat my first week in lol)

Can you still apply for ROTP? I've passed my CFAT for technical trades (LCIS, Marine Elec) and have aced the medical, as well as the interview I did well. The only thing hindering my entry is credit issues, so I'm hoping to go back to school so I can get a job and be more competitive on the resume part. Wondering if they would still take ROTP people, I wouldn't mind waiting one more year if need be, but I would like to start school ASAP. If there is a recruiter on here that can msg me, I would be glad to go over whatever is needed, unfortunately, my CFRC seems to always be swamped.

You can apply for next year. However as we (ROTP) start in 2 days, no you cannot apply for this year.

HavocSteve said:
Can you still apply for ROTP? I've passed my CFAT for technical trades (LCIS, Marine Elec) and have aced the medical, as well as the interview I did well ...

Thanks for the morning smile, Steve! 

Never let it be said us old guys can't learn from the younger crowd...can you give me some tips so I can ace my medical coming up?  ;D

Seriously though, ROTP 2010-2011 is closed out at the moment and as Dex noted, the cadre is in fact getting ready to report to RMC for recruit camp and orientation in a few days.  So, yes, register for school for your 'victory lap' and work hard.  See the CFRC every month just to let them know you're staying engaged and you can update them with your fall term mid-terms when you get them.  The fall (Oct-ish) is a prime time to get your application in, as that will get you on the front edge of the applicants 'bow wave' and give you some precedence in the cases where date of initial application makes a difference.

Someone noted it earlier, and it's a good point, that on your victory lap, consider not only the courses you'd like to improve your mark in, but also a few others that you might not initially consider, but that you might find interesting.  Keep in mind that RMC's academic programs do have a fair bit of Science-Arts cross-pollination in the initial years, i.e. History of Engineers, or Math for Artsmen -- for a wiggly-amps guy, I really enjoyed my English and History courses at the college.

Good luck to you, Steve, and good luck to the cadre of 2010-2011 about to start an exciting career and life experience!

Cheers
G2G

Lol, yea after reading more, I noticed it was closed. By ace the medical I meant that I'm in perfect health and score 0's on hearing and 6/6 on eye sight. The only medical note would be a broke pinkie toe from grade 9 (which is 9 years ago) so there is no problems. I was just considering more options as maybe school could be a better choice for myself. But, I'm moving to Ottawa with my girlfriend when she goes for University and was thinking about doing the same. Thanks for the reply. Best of luck to all :)

After reading some of the posts on this thread I noticed that many of you have questions and concerns regarding your upcoming Recruit Camp at RMC.  I was a recruit camp instructor last summer (as well as a FYOP instructor the previous fall) and would like to impart a few words of wisdom...

- Don't bother bringing a computer with you to recruit camp (if you're RMC student you'll probably have to bring it with you since you'll need it for homework during FYOP)...You will not have time to use it during recruit camp though.  More than likely your staff won't permit you use it anyway.  They will probably also restrict your use of cell phones and iPods to certain times during the day.
- It's best not to bring any protein powders, caffeine pills or anything like that.  They're just going to end up getting taken away from you.  If you're going to RMC, bring it after FYOP if you really feel like you need to have them.
- Make sure you ask questions when you have them but think about what you want to ask before you ask it...no one likes listening to someone ask questions that were already answered or are completely inane or irrelevant.  Listen to what your instructors are telling you and it will save you a lot of heartache...
- Eat healthy and drink lots of water while you're in both recruit camp and FYOP (and all the time for that matter...).  Last year, I saw people eating desserts and drinking pop at breakfast!  That's not going to help you pass the fitness requirements or have the energy you need to get through the day!
- You will have to do the CF Express Test during recruit camp.  If you're going to RMC you will do the Express Test during recruit camp as well as the RMC PPT test in September (and again in both January and in March/April).

Hope that helps answer some of your questions.  Good luck with recruit camp.  For those of you going to RMC, you're in for the time of your life!  Best decision I ever made!

Tommorow's the start of our recruit camp at RMC Kingston.

I just wanted to wish everyone good luck but more importantly, thank everyone and especially the mods for their outstanding job with Army.ca

Ever since I arrived, I've learnt a lot here and I certainly wouldn't feel as confident without the site's helpful informations.

Thanks again and I hope to be back on in a few weeks.

Well Civi U Recruit Camp at CMR has Officially ended....poor RMC Kingston people are still waking up before the sunrise and eating what can only likely be described as eggs( though there is reason for doubt).

No but the St Jean food was not bad. Out of Curiosity does anyone know the closest supply (QM) to Ottawa.  The QM at CFLRS St Jean ran out of Canadian flags so it will look pretty terrible going in to see the ULO at NDHQ without the flag on our CADPAT.

Clothing Stores I believe have moved from NDHQ to the Louis St-Laurent building in Gatineau.

PuckChaser said:
Clothing Stores I believe have moved from NDHQ to the Louis St-Laurent building in Gatineau.

And they're probably out of flags, too.  ;)

Back