• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2010-2011

Hey guys,

Congratulations to those who received more offers.

I forgot to share one more thing, to those who received the bad news; make sure you start looking into different trades as well, just in case. I was not selected for all three(Construction ENGR, LOG O, ARTY O) and I was told it is very unlikely that there will be a second round for those occupations; it's full full full. Maybe a backup plan now may save you another year of waiting. :D

I've listed AES Op on Monday and waiting to do the interview this Friday. Luckily, I don't have to redo the medical portion since I was found medically fit for Aircrew previously.

Anyways,

Fingers crossed. Good luck guys!

gwones

daindophia said:
First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to all who have been accepted already, and fingers crossed for those waiting!

Just wondering, has anyone else been accepted to RMC for Pilot but hasn't done their Aircrew Selection....???? (Conditional acceptance, of course.)

???? I passed aircrew selection and got accepted as Armour. How did you get an acceptance as a Pilot WIHTOUT going to Aircrew?

DexOlesa said:
???? I passed aircrew selection and got accepted as Armour. How did you get an acceptance as a Pilot WIHTOUT going to Aircrew?

That is why he said his offer is CONDITIONAL. Some people receive offers like this but they must pass the Aircrew Selection.

Just out of curiosity,

Has anyone that got accepted through CFRC New Westminster BC received anything in the mail yet like joining instructions, info packages, or the date, time and place of the enrollment ceremony?

Well, today is the day!  I am on my way to find out about my ROTP application.  I received a call yesterday from the Captain at my recruiting center but, I wasn't there to take the call.  Wish me luck and I will report back with the results soon.

gwones said:
That is why he said his offer is CONDITIONAL. Some people receive offers like this but they must pass the Aircrew Selection.

I guess my question is. I was told that I had to make it to the aircrew selection serial I did because it was the last one that would allow me to qualify as aircrew for ROTP/ RMC selections. That If I did make this one I would have to wait till next year. So how does someone get even a conditional acceptance as aircrew (the toughest trade to get into) without going to aircrew selection when there are people who have gone and passed.

DexOlesa said:
I guess my question is. I was told that I had to make it to the aircrew selection serial I did because it was the last one that would allow me to qualify as aircrew for ROTP/ RMC selections. That If I did make this one I would have to wait till next year. So how does someone get even a conditional acceptance as aircrew (the toughest trade to get into) without going to aircrew selection when there are people who have gone and passed.

The best candidates going for Pilot will be selected. Period. Passing aircrew selection in Trenton is not even considered as part of your application during the ROTP selections. Therefore regardless of aircrew selection attendance beforehand, the top applications will be accepted. So her application must've been better than yours. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong on this next part but I believe if she, or any other candidates with conditional Pilot offers for that matter fail aircrew, then their offers will be revoked and it will be offered to the next best candidate.

Smackimus said:
Hi again,

Quick question for anyone that has already received more information... My file manager told me that I should be expecting my enrollment ceremony to be around late July- early August, but aren't RMC ROTP cadets supposed to start a nine week IAP course that starts early July prior to the start of the school year?

Thanks in advance!

IAP is no longer done.  BMOQ is 15 weeks, and starts in May (for the summer serials)

You'll go for a short introductory course this summer, then the full-meal-deal next summer.

So sadly enough I didn't get accepted in the first round. I haven't given up just yet as I realize that there are still many doors open to me. I think what I will probably try and do is get into Reserves while I attend University next year and then Re Apply to ROTP next year after I've gained a bunch more experience. Does anyone know when the second session is done sitting?

By the end of April you should know, however I was in your boat last year and did not receive any confirmation about whether or not I got in during the second selection round. I would recommend following up if you don't hear by mid-late April. 

Good Luck

Just got off the phone with the Captain at the RC. I have been deemed medically fit, and my file will be in for the second round of selection. He stated that the second round for this year should take place mid to late April.

My three trades are Armoured, MPO, Infantry -- in that order. I was not loaded on the MPOAC, but I'm not sure if that is completely necessary to be selected, maybe its like air crew and I will get a conditional offer. I was told that Armoured and Infantry are full, and my chances of being selected are unlikely unless some one declines offers.

I was told I was a very strong applicant -- just got fetched up in a medical issue. I'm still somewhat hopeful, but I'm going to the Reserve Brigade HQ tomorrow to see what trades are open for me. I am moving forward with the Reserve option...

...Hope for the best, and plan for the worst.

I had to pass the MPOAC before being accepted MPO. If they make exceptions for passing ACS then it's possible it's the same for MPOAC. I was told while going through the process that there was only 2 spots for MPO in this years ROTP - So you'd be contingent on them opening extra spots, or the other person dropping out. Not trying to get your hopes down, just telling you what I know.

Also, I did mine as a CT from reserves, wasn't that painful of a process. So if you join a reserve unit then try again next year, it won't be too hard for you, just start early.

Hey, has anyone been mailed a package of joining instructions for RMC? So far i have just acceoted my offer over the phone.

Good luck to all who are still waiting to hear back on their offers!!

320102 said:
Hey, has anyone been mailed a package of joining instructions for RMC? So far i have just acceoted my offer over the phone.

Good luck to all who are still waiting to hear back on their offers!!

Hey! I got my acceptance call like 2 weeks ago as well. And then another call explaining that I wont hear from the recruiting center until mid April/May when they send the info package. 

Hope that answers your question! :)
By the way, where are you going? Kingston?
Hope to see you there!

Jason

As well, I don't want to sound immature or anything, but for those who are going, and got into RMC (Kingston) add me on MSN? :)

Might as well get to know some people as we'll be spending the next 4 years together don't cha think? ;)

MSN: jasonfan888@hotmail.com

Add me and leave a comment that tells me your going to RMC!

Cheers,
Jason

Accepted my offer, but no information package yet. The package's ETA is always TBD according to the staff at my CFRC. ::)

Man I tend to be kind of jalous but I gotta say this : congratulations!

You deserve what you get...Courage and enjoy, lucky you!  :-*

Applied for Navy Log. Got rejected.

The recruiter said everything was great except for my marks:

"Your average was only a 77 and, therefore, not that competitive."
"I graduated with an 84 average."
"It says he your average was a 77."
"...I graduated with an 84, but I can go upstairs and check my transcript."
*Runs upstairs, grabs calculator and transcript.*
"Yeah, I had an 84."
"Hold on here."
*Checks file/stuff*
*Oh, they take the average of all your grade 10, 11 and 12 marks.*
"You're kidding me?"
"Unfortunately, no."

Why would they do that? I find that absolutely ridiculous.

Do the Canadian Forces know I switched back from public to private school for grade ten, leaving me in the dust with regards to math and chemistry? Marks in the fifties make for great averages...

Clearly, the selection board must have seen that every course I took in high school exceeded the Provincial honours level. They must also have seen that every course I took in grades eleven and twelve, along with two in grade ten, again exceeded this aforementioned level.

They must have seen that not only did I graduate with my provincial diploma, but also an International Baccalaureate diploma.

Do they not care/realise/choose to omit that a person can show great improvement over three years?

Anyways, yeah, I was pretty mad just for those reasons, but overall, I'm not that upset I got rejected. When I really started thinking about the fact I was going to have to take a four year degree in something I wasn't truly interested in, subsidised or not, my feelings shifted a bit.

Back