• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2010-2011

Right on, yeah Im starting my first year at Ottawa U in September in civil engineering.

Hey guys,

I got the call today and found out that I was not selected for ROTP this year. On the phone with the Sergeant, I was given a few options available to me right now; 1) Go to post-secondary institutions to continue with education and re-apply, 2) Join the Reserves, or 3) Apply for NCM occupations.

I'm glad I did the NCM occupation research way ahead so I was able to tell him right at the second that I wanted to go with option 3. AES Op is the most appealing trade for me, therefore; it's on top of the list and I will hear the news by next week. Armoured Soldier is not available until in June, and Infantry is also open.

It's unfortunate that I will not be among this crowd this fall but on the bright side, there's still a door open.

Best of luck everyone,

Cheers!

So now that many of us have received the call we can relax. Well that is kind of hard to do.
I do not have to worry about life after university but it is still stressful to try and figure out the next few steps.
Now I am excited to know when the information package will be arriving and what are its contents.
I was also wondering if an offer could be revoked. As It would burst my new found happiness bubble.
Hopefully we will not have to wait long for all of our swearing in ceremonies.

Best of luck to all of you.
See you on the other side

mathabos said:
So now that many of us have received the call we can relax. Well that is kind of hard to do.
I do not have to worry about life after university but it is still stressful to try and figure out the next few steps.
Now I am excited to know when the information package will be arriving and what are its contents.
I was also wondering if an offer could be revoked. As It would burst my new found happiness bubble.
Hopefully we will not have to wait long for all of our swearing in ceremonies.

Best of luck to all of you.
See you on the other side

I know, I've been having nightmares that I will do something stupid to muck up my offer like fail my calculus class or get hit by a car while runnning. The rest of this school year is going to be absolute torture. I think if I'm not hit by a car I might die of boredom! The only thing keeping me sane is soccer and getting super-fit.

Oh, and watching practically every episode of Truth, Duty, Valour... ;D

gwones said:
Hey guys,

I got the call today and found out that I was not selected for ROTP this year. On the phone with the Sergeant, I was given a few options available to me right now; 1) Go to post-secondary institutions to continue with education and re-apply, 2) Join the Reserves, or 3) Apply for NCM occupations.

I'm glad I did the NCM occupation research way ahead so I was able to tell him right at the second that I wanted to go with option 3. AES Op is the most appealing trade for me, therefore; it's on top of the list and I will hear the news by next week. Armoured Soldier is not available until in June, and Infantry is also open.

It's unfortunate that I will not be among this crowd this fall but on the bright side, there's still a door open.

Best of luck everyone,

Cheers!

Good luck gwones! Although one door may be closing another opportunity has opened up for you and I commend you for looking at the call you received as a positive rather than negative. I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your application towards AES Op...you never know, we may be working on the same aircraft together one day!  ;D Take care, cheers!

I recieved an ROTP Selection Letter email and I am unsure about one paragraph.  It says, "Under the terms of the plan, you will be subsidized for up to 4 years depending on the accreditation that you may receive at Collège Militaire Royal Saint-Jean to obtain a Bachelor of Engineering. You will be enrolled in the MOSID of 00207 MARS."  I don't understand what it means when it mentions CMR Saint-Jean.  I didn't apply to go there and I had a civilian university as my fisrt choice.  Did anyone else have something like this in their letter/email?

31engnr said:
I recieved an ROTP Selection Letter email and I am unsure about one paragraph.  It says, "Under the terms of the plan, you will be subsidized for up to 4 years depending on the accreditation that you may receive at Collège Militaire Royal Saint-Jean to obtain a Bachelor of Engineering. You will be enrolled in the MOSID of 00207 MARS."  I don't understand what it means when it mentions CMR Saint-Jean.  I didn't apply to go there and I had a civilian university as my fisrt choice.  Did anyone else have something like this in their letter/email?

First question. Are you from Quebec? If you are from Quebec there is no grade 12 in high school. Therefor Quebecers are sent there in order to complete necessary pre-university courses. I was told by recruiters that applicants who have not started university are most likely to be sent to RMC regardless of the fact that Civi university was their first choice.

In my case I had already completed one year of university when I applied. I am currently completing my second year. So in that case they do not make you lose those last years of university by sending you to RMC.
Funny how you will be completing a bachelor in engineering as a MARS

Call your recruiting office. They have been so informative in my case, im sure they can explain everything.

Well, I'm also from 31CBG, and also going into MARS, but I am already in Civvy U at Windsor.  My ROTP Acceptance letter this year said:

"Under the terms of the plan, you will be subsidized at the applicable civillian university to odtain your degree.  You will be enrolled in the MOSID 00207 MARS."

So I'm thinking that you should give your contact in D Mil C a phone call and see what's up.  I can't see why they'd make you go to CMR, but then many decisions don't make too much sense to me.

ekpiper

Does the CFRC call a potential applicant no matter what?  Also, how do they decide if they are going to call or e-mail someone?  I am just curious.  I guess, as I have stated earlier, I am getting a little antsy.  I think if I don't hear anything on Monday, I will call Tuesday.

Also, have any nursing hopefuls heard anything yet?

Once again congrats all who have been selected so far and I'll keep my fingers crossed for the rest of us!!

mathabos said:
First question. Are you from Quebec? If you are from Quebec there is no grade 12 in high school. Therefor Quebecers are sent there in order to complete necessary pre-university courses. I was told by recruiters that applicants who have not started university are most likely to be sent to RMC regardless of the fact that Civi university was their first choice.

In my case I had already completed one year of university when I applied. I am currently completing my second year. So in that case they do not make you lose those last years of university by sending you to RMC.
Funny how you will be completing a bachelor in engineering as a MARS

Call your recruiting office. They have been so informative in my case, im sure they can explain everything.

No, I am not from Quebec. I had planned on calling my recruiting centre but it's Saturday and I was looking for some input soon because the deadline for a decision is March 26.

NO Hopeful said:
Does the CFRC call a potential applicant no matter what?  Also, how do they decide if they are going to call or e-mail someone?  I am just curious.  I guess, as I have stated earlier, I am getting a little antsy.  I think if I don't hear anything on Monday, I will call Tuesday.

Also, have any nursing hopefuls heard anything yet?

Once again congrats all who have been selected so far and I'll keep my fingers crossed for the rest of us!!

I don't know, last year I was told that I was on the list but not in the original batch of ROTP acceptances...They sent me a letter tho.  This year I received a call, with good news this time.  Never had an email. It might just be whatever is easiest for the CFRC.

Dou You said:
Good luck gwones! Although one door may be closing another opportunity has opened up for you and I commend you for looking at the call you received as a positive rather than negative. I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your application towards AES Op...you never know, we may be working on the same aircraft together one day!  ;D Take care, cheers!

Thanks Dou You!

You're absolutely right! You never know! I'm hoping for the best, be it an AES Op, or any other occupations in the CF. AES Op is also a very competitive from what I hear so I'm expecting a long wait.

Congratulations on your offer as an ACSO. I hope you spend the happiest four years in UWO, training included ;)

Best of luck!

gwones

Hey Everyone :)

Congratulations to everyone who has received good news, and good luck to everyone still waiting - if it's meant to be, you'll get that call. If not, don't worry; God has better plans for you! :)

I just wanted to let everyone know that I was accepted to RMC for Engineering, and I was accepted into Armoured - is there anyone else who's going armoured? :)

See everyone in August, or whenever we meet - I can't wait!

- Vanessa Banks

VBanks said:
Hey Everyone :)

Congratulations to everyone who has received good news, and good luck to everyone still waiting - if it's meant to be, you'll get that call. If not, don't worry; God has better plans for you! :)

I just wanted to let everyone know that I was accepted to RMC for Engineering, and I was accepted into Armoured - is there anyone else who's going armoured? :)

See everyone in August, or whenever we meet - I can't wait!

- Vanessa Banks

Congrats from a fellow acceptee in the combat arms. :D

On another note,
to those who received the news by phone, did you receive an email or a letter to confirm after?

Congratulations VBanks! I was accepted as a Land Engineer but I'll be studying Engineer (civil) at RMC so I'm sure I'll see you on course or in class at some point!

The incongruous said:
Congrats from a fellow acceptee in the combat arms. :D

On another note,
to those who received the news by phone, did you receive an email or a letter to confirm after?

I received the call on Tuesday, but I haven't received an email or letter yet.

^ Same here. I think I read on last year's ROTP thread that the letters came much later than the calls.

congrats on the offer! :D I got accepted for Aerospace Engineering  RMC.

On another note,

I haven't received anything by email or letter but my file manager said he might have more details for me next week.

Hi again,

Quick question for anyone that has already received more information... My file manager told me that I should be expecting my enrollment ceremony to be around late July- early August, but aren't RMC ROTP cadets supposed to start a nine week IAP course that starts early July prior to the start of the school year?

Thanks in advance!

Smackimus said:
Hi again,

Quick question for anyone that has already received more information... My file manager told me that I should be expecting my enrollment ceremony to be around late July- early August, but aren't RMC ROTP cadets supposed to start a nine week IAP course that starts early July prior to the start of the school year?

Thanks in advance!

I believe that course has been moved to the summer following first year. Prior to this school year I was told that as RMC ROTP cadets we would begin on Aug. 15.

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to all who have been accepted already, and fingers crossed for those waiting!

Just wondering, has anyone else been accepted to RMC for Pilot but hasn't done their Aircrew Selection....???? (Conditional acceptance, of course.)

Back