• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2010-2011

macknightcr said:
Are you a Canadian citizen?  That's how I am applying, and maybe why my process is going so much more smooth.  I live in the U.S. but was born in Halifax.

Born in Victoria.  Admittedly I'm early in the process, but it's already taken an inordinate number of telephone calls. 
Out of curiosity, what forms were you able to submit by fax?  Are you just bringing your other documents to the appointment?

The only form I faxed in was my FBI background check.  I have mailed in all of my applications, and submitted my CF application online.  I also mailed in copies of my Birth Certificate, Social Insurance Card, Passport.  I am going to bring originals with me when I go for my medical, cfat and interview.

Gave in my application two weeks ago. Finally managed to coerce convince my parents to sign the form. Felt kinda hot when I went to the center. You know, wanting to do this for 5 years and all.

Went to CFRC Kingston and handed in my application!
Such a big weight off the shoulder.
CFAT and hopefully Medical will be 29th.

daindophia said:
Such a big weight off the shoulder.
CFAT and hopefully Medical will be 29th.
It's nice to have less weight on them eh? haha Good luck with the CFAT and medical! What about the interview though?

Thank you! You too...? :)

And I thought the interview was only booked if I passed the CFAT and the Medical...
No? :S

daindophia said:
Thank you! You too...? :)

And I thought the interview was only booked if I passed the CFAT and the Medical...
No? :S

Good Luck to you.

Yes, you only get an interview if you pass CFAT. Same applies to the medical too I think. I think they just arrange everything based on after you write CFAT.

I am applying again this year. Just waiting to get cleared through Borden and Halifax. I live in Newfoundland. CFRC said that it shouldnt be a problem, just they have to go through all the procedures. I am applying for Civy U....

Good luck all...

Greg H

hulan said:
Yes, you only get an interview if you pass CFAT. Same applies to the medical too I think. I think they just arrange everything based on after you write CFAT.
Hmmm, I had all three on the same day...maybe that's not common though? Either way you do it you'll get all of them done sooner or later, so really it's no big deal. I was just wondering for some reason that I can't remember now lol. But anyways, good luck!

Dou You said:
Hmmm, I had all three on the same day...maybe that's not common though? Either way you do it you'll get all of them done sooner or later, so really it's no big deal. I was just wondering for some reason that I can't remember now lol. But anyways, good luck!

That is very common to have all three on the same day. What I was getting at is if you dont "pass" CFAT, CFRC has no reason to give you a full interview or a medical check. Essentially, you are out of the race for ROTP, should that occur. For example: last year when I applied, I was one or two points short of moving on. I went into the interview where I was told that I could not move on in the competition. Instead, CFRC talked to me - in the interview - about other options and how I could re-apply next year (being this year), if I upgraded ... took a maximum of 5 mins.... Hope you catch on to what I am getting at.

Once again, Best wishes to all...

Greg

hulan said:
That is very common to have all three on the same day.

I can only hope that I have all 3 on the same day.  Coming from the States I would hate to have to travel up there multiple times haha.

macknightcr said:
I can only hope that I have all 3 on the same day.
I thought you were done everything and you were just waiting for an offer, but I must have misread a post somewhere lol. So with reference to my last post saying that we were at the same stage in the process macknightcr, we are actually at very different points haha. My bad. But good luck with scheduling your CFAT, med, and interview...how long of a trip is it?

No I have only submitted all of my forms.  I am still waiting to hear about my testing.  It is about 10 hours to Ottawa, not too bad but still not looking to do it multiple times. 

At the CFRC, they told me it would take about 3 to 4 weeks to receive my first call (for the CFAT), did it take you guys about that time?

macknightcr said:
It is about 10 hours to Ottawa, not too bad
Not too bad?! That seems extremely long to me, and probably to most people lol. But at least you're staying positive. No wonder you want all three of them on the same day though.

The incongruous said:
At the CFRC, they told me it would take about 3 to 4 weeks to receive my first call (for the CFAT), did it take you guys about that time?
It was just under 3 weeks when I was first contacted. And just under 4 weeks from the time I first stepped into the CFRC to the date I wrote the CFAT, had my medical, and did my interview. February 26th I started the process, March 11th I was contacted, and March 24th I completed aptitude, med, and interview.

I'm currently in the Reserves so I've already done the CFAT, medical, interview, and the physical. Since I plan on applying to RMC, will I have to do this all again? Since I will transfer to Reg Force? and how do I go about transferring? or will that just happen if I get accepted?

Oh yea...I'm in grade 12 and my school told me that the deadline for applying was in February some time I believe.

Dou You said:
Not too bad?! That seems extremely long to me, and probably to most people lol. But at least you're staying positive.

10 hours does not seem that long to me because of why I am making the trip; it's for my future, and it puts the 10 hours into perspective (if that makes sense haha.)

Otts said:
Oh yea...I'm in grade 12 and my school told me that the deadline for applying was in February some time I believe.

I cannot speak for anything to do with your Reserve to Reg transfer being I have no idea, but with regards to the deadline being in February I would not put anything off.  All I have been told is get your paperwork in because ROTP is very competative. 

macknightcr said:
10 hours does not seem that long to me because of why I am making the trip; it's for my future, and it puts the 10 hours into perspective (if that makes sense haha.)

I gotta say, I'd do the exact same if I was in your position lol. Actually, by making the trip to my recruiting center (40 minutes each way) 8 times already, I guess you could say I'm doing what your doing but to an extremely lesser extent...that's a big stretch though haha. Are you all booked up yet?

Otts said:
I'm currently in the Reserves so I've already done the CFAT, medical, interview, and the physical. Since I plan on applying to RMC, will I have to do this all again? Since I will transfer to Reg Force? and how do I go about transferring? or will that just happen if I get accepted?

If you are transferring, that's a whole new ball game. I do know that you would probabily have to re-write CFAT again depending on what you scored when you wrote it. As for a transfer all together, you would be going from NCM to Officer - two completely different plans. I would think you would start from scratch?? Just my opinion....

As for the deadline being in Febuary, I was always told to have everything in before Christmas. As I was told the deadline would be the 1st part of January!!

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Greg H

Dou You said:
Are you all booked up yet?

Just took one step further towards that, my case is being moved from Ottawa to St. John, NB.  In about a week I should hear from then as to when my test will be scheduled. 

I just came across this forum when I was searching for info on the recruiting process.

I have applied for ROTP for LOG and im at a civi university with a year and a half left
Over the summer I completed my application. Took about 3 weeks to get a call for the CFAT. Once that was done I did my medical a week later followed by the interview. All the process was finished early september. I then got a call early October to tell me that im on the merit list with a possibility to be chosen for subsidization in January. If im not chosen then they said I would then be on the march merit list for BMOW and subsidization for the summer. Im really hoping to get the call in December but its a waiting game as you have all said.

If anyone has more information on the process like the wait on a merit list or how they choose from that list please share.

Back