• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ROTP 2010-2011

derael

Inactive
Reaction score
I just got my acceptance from the University of Ottawa and I will be moving late next week down to Gatineau from my home here in Edmonton, Alberta.

I'm just looking to see if there is anyone on this site who was selected for ROTP that will be going to school at OttawaU or Carleton. The only people I know in the area are my brother and his fiancee so it would be nice to make some acquaintances of some fellow ROTP'ers.

hey derael, congratulations on your acceptance. I currently live in Ottawa and I'm still considering my options between Ottawa, Carleton and Waterloo for Compter Science program. As of right now, I'm leaning more towards Ottawa. I've got the acceptances in Ottawa and Carleton but I'm still waiting a response for Waterloo. I was selected for Land Engineer.

That's great! I'm still waiting on Carleton, but OttawaU was my first choice anyways. It's closer to where I'll be living and they have a running/cross-country team(Carleton doesn't :(). The fact that they're bilingual is also a plus for me.

We'll have to get together at some point. PM inbound.

I'm from the Ottawa region as well.

I'm still working on getting that immunotherapy issue in order, but I would be going to OttawaU.

In order to get into the Ottawa U program I want, I have to wait for my 'mature student' status to take effect.  This would mean a Winter term entry, or RMC in Fall 2010.

Carleton has a great campus (I went there for a year), and easy bus access.  Ottawa U is a little scattered across the downtown area, but the bilingual programs can prove useful to some.  Ottawa also offers more Bio-oriented degrees, not to mention a school of medicine.  There are pros and cons to both.

Hey Guys,

This topic is simply for all those people that are looking to apply for the Regular Officer Training Program through any means (RMC or Civi U). I just thought we could do something like last year and share our experiance with the system.

Hope to hear from you Guys.

Corina

I created the Civi U ROTP 2010-2011 thread and someone asked me to change the title to just plain ROTP 2010-2011 like yours but I couldn't figure out how to. Maybe we could get a merge of the two, and just go by your title? Because there already is good info in the thread I made, but it seems pointless to have two ROTP 2010-2011 threads. Just throwing that out there.

Of Course we can merge them.  ;D

The only reason I made this one was becuase of the fact that yours seemed very geared to the specific question you were asking. I must apologize if I seemed ignorant there.
However go right ahead and merge them, however I'm not quite sure how to accomplish that one either. I belive we need a moderator to do that. Am I correct?

No worries, I didn't sense one bit of ignorance, so it's all good  ;). I just figured, and many will probably agree, that having one general ROTP thread is better than having two threads of the same nature. But yes I do believe a moderator is needed. They'll probably stop in on this thread sometime soon and hopefully the merge will happen then.

That's good.

However while we are waiting for them to merge the thread, what are you hoping to go to University for?

I've been waiting for this thread to happen! :)

I started working on the applications during the summer, plan to give it in soon. I actually thought I had to be 17 years old when I applied, so I've been waiting for my birthday to apply :S. However, turns out that's not true. I went to the Ontario University Fair in Toronto yesterday and got to talk to some officers... Anyone else getting ready?

Oh yeah, I'm applying for 1. Pilot 2. Intelligence 3. Nursing (Hopefully Queen's...)
:D I hope to hear from you guys!

I'm currently in my second year of a Kinesiology degree at the University of Western Ontario, so I'm hoping to continue my studies there. I'd definitely take any Pilot or Air Ops offer no matter what school, but I believe it would be more logical for me to finish up my last two years at UWO rather than start back at first year at RMC. Ultimately it's their choice though. But absolutely everything is done and passed, and it has all been dropped off at the London CFRC. Definitely a big weight off my shoulders...for now.

And so the waiting begins...

By the way I'm applying just for Pilot  ;D

I bet it is a big weight off your shoulders! I have a question regarding references: Do they have to write you a reference letter and you submit it along with all your other application forms? Or are their names just put down for the background check call? I asked this question by e-mail and haven't got a reply back yet..

I'm applying with y'all! I'm in grade 12 right now, and I was supposed to hand in my application today, but I didn't have a car so I'll do it next week for sure. I'm applying for pilot, and any air trade, much like Dou You. ;) 

daindophia said:
I bet it is a big weight off your shoulders! I have a question regarding references: Do they have to write you a reference letter and you submit it along with all your other application forms? Or are their names just put down for the background check call? I asked this question by e-mail and haven't got a reply back yet..

I'm pretty sure that you're just supposed write in names and they'll call your references, you don't need a letter.

Damn, this is exciting!

Arcany said:
............. and I was supposed to hand in my application today, but I didn't have a car so I'll do it next week for sure.

What Time Zone do you live in?

I am in my first year of Nursing at York/Georgian.  I applied about a month ago for ROTP and have my medical October 7th.  Everything seems to be going smoothly.  All my references have been checked and as long as the medical goes well, I just have the interview to worry about.....Oh, and being accepted for ROTP. 

I wonder if you can apply for Pilot and attend a Civilian university through ROTP to study aviation?

daindophia said:
I wonder if you can apply for Pilot and attend a Civilian university through ROTP to study aviation?

Oh yeah, you sure can, check out the "CAMP" program. There's a lot of info on this program if you'd look around in the forums. Do a search  :nod:

Back