• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rotation Bars for SWASM

stokerwes

Inactive
Reaction score
I have been trying to get my 2 rotation bars for my SWASM medal since 2008. Does anyone know of a POC at Honour and Awards that I may be able to get in touch with to try and sort this out? I am releasing soon and would like to get these prior to that.
My OR has submitted the paperwork seven months ago. My previous unit either did not submit it or had misplaced it.
Any assistance is appreciated.
Thanks
:salute:

stokerwes said:
I have been trying to get my 2 rotation bars for my SWASM medal since 2008. Does anyone know of a POC at Honour and Awards that I may be able to get in touch with to try and sort this out? I am releasing soon and would like to get these prior to that.
My OR has submitted the paperwork seven months ago. My previous unit either did not submit it or had misplaced it.
Thanks

I know it's not what you want to hear, but you'd be further ahead buying them from someone like Drouin Enterprises, than to wait for our system to even acknowledge your request.

It'll cost you a few bucks but save you tons of frustration.

Stokerwes:  if your release clk is good, he/she should be able to make some calls. The  H&A system remains broken. I advocate chain of Comd inquiries vice OPI direct even though it is frustrating.

Recceguy:  your reply falls into the sad but true category. Why can't we get CDs out on time (we clearly have enough lead time). This stuff drives me crazy as 99% of H&A is simple documentation processing.  :brickwall:

recceguy said:
.....you'd be further ahead buying them from someone like Drouin Enterprises....
And while you're shopping for the roto bars, you can always pick up a few extra medals and wings too.    ;D

JA%20and%20GE%20Hines%202JPG.jpg

stokerwes said:
Thanks

2008???  Wow.  The process is very simple, to say the least.  You just go in to your supporting OR, they do the calculations/validation and then whom ever the Clk is that has MAPS access, inputs the request.  I can't believe you don't have your Bars yet.

Anyhow, as said above, your Release Clerk is a good avenue and another option, would be whom ever is looking after your DWD.  A simple phone call to Ottawa, informing them that your releasing and have waited 5 years, should do the trick.

Saw the exact samething just last year.  Member did a tour in 07-08 and had been trying since then to get the bar.  One phone call and one email later, I had the bar 3 weeks later.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I try the official avenues first. I'd rather not buy them due to past experience. This isn't a first for me. I had 25 years in when I was officially awarded my CD1. I was wearing the rosette on my Salt & Peppers but was directed to remove it as I hadn't yet been officially awarded my CD1. This was coming from a JNR LT(N) that had yet to receive an CD. Needless to say that was one order I didn't follow although technically I could have been charged.
I'll keep pushing this.
Thanks

Some background info for you, but no assistance on getting the bars.

Wearing of Medals Questions

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/109018/post-1202286.html#msg1202286

Back