• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rocky SV2 boots

PuckChaser said:
Has anyone had a problem with these boots and the eyelits? I've had a lace cut off and 2 eyelits pop out of the leather. Only response I got from Rocky was a canned response about warranty and that I'd have to ship them to Tactown who will ship them to Rocky and then maybe I'll get boots in a month or so.

DirtyDog said:
Rockys will tend to eat laces.  It's usually due to burrs on the metal eyelets.  I solved the problem on one pair by smoothing the burr down with a file.  It can be tricky to get at it properly.

I've had mine get so bad they go through a set of laces in a day.  Heard of many similar problems.  Like I said, a mini-file helps....

If you like Rockey SV2 boots in black buy them now before the fall, I was speaking to the woman at Vally workwear (workworld?) and she said the current black version is being discontinued and the black versions will only come in goretext.
My Rockys are still in great condition but after I heard this I put a pair on layaway till next month and I may even buy another new pair to save for when my first 2 Sets blow out.

On another note I bought a pair of Tan/desert Rocky SV2s for $229 plus tax.  Unlike my black pair, these didn't instantly break in. They hurt my ankles for about 4 days of use- general walking around. On the 5th day I hiked up a 1500 foot hill with a pack and after that they were great.  My laces broke after 15 days of use however on inspection the old shitty eyelets seem to have changed to improved ones so I think the laces were crappy. I was using a pair of tan coloured 511 laces I bought at the same time as the boots (exchanged the ones the boots came with for these cause the original ones seemed cheap. Surprise)

I;m going to write Rocky and tell them they're freedom haters for switching the black SV2s goretext only.

Hate to admit it, but why would they make black boots anymore?

All the US forces are going with colours.

BTW, a good Rocky goretex boot would still work really well in the field here in Canada 3 out of 4 seasons of the year.

Rider Pride said:

BTW, a good Rocky goretex boot would still work really well in the field here in Canada 3 out of 4 seasons of the year.

LEOs will probably stay with black for quite some time, and that's probably a good portion of their business. The CF is going to a brown boot as well, so I'm sure the free market will catch up quickly.

Rider Pride said:

Hummmm, good point.
They're still making black boots though, just in goretext. 
You have more time running around the woods and I so I'll concede your point but I've always found goretext boots don't breathe very well (And I'll usually hit puddles that go over my boots). 

The current SV2s get soaked when there's even just a rain cloud off in the distance but one of their strongest points was how fast they dried I found.  Guys rocking combat boots would have wet or damn feet for 3 days, my Rockys would be dry in a couple hours.  Keeping the goretext line but doing away with the ultra popular and fast drying breathable regular version still seems odd to me.

If we're switching to brown boots maybe I'll hold off on stashing a 3rd pair and wait to get them in brown.

I bought these boots here in pembroke before Ex Trillium Response and broke them in up where we were with neos over them, I've done a few marches with them but i really love the insoles in them, so comfortable... haven't yet had them soaked in water yet so i cant comment on how fast they dry but they are great as my friends all complain about how fast their swats die on them.

bottom line; Expensive but worth it.

For those interested,  Rocky Boots are selling for $189 on LA Police Gear.  It's a bit of a process as they ship directly from Rocky to the LA Police Gear warehouse then shipped to you. 

http://www.lapolicegear.com/rockyboots.html

-Skeletor- said:
For those interested,  Rocky Boots are selling for $189 on LA Police Gear.  It's a bit of a process as they ship directly from Rocky to the LA Police Gear warehouse then shipped to you. 

http://www.lapolicegear.com/rockyboots.html

What has been your experience of having them shipped to you. Any idea on ETA?

Hitok1ri said:
What has been your experience of having them shipped to you. Any idea on ETA?

I've ordered a few things from LA Police Gear in the past, and I've gotten all my packages within 1 week to a week and a half of placing the order.  Only thing that somewhat slows it down is if customs holds it to inspect(doesn't happen all the time though)

When I ordered the Rocky Boots,  it took about 5 days for the boots to get to LA Police Gear from Rocky,  and then it took a week to get some LA Police Gear to me.

Rumor is Rocky has reversed their decision to turf the (non-goretex) SV2s and will begin making them again in august.
-Vally work world

I started wearing my 'new style' rockeys  which don't have the little breathing holes on the insides of the boots.

I noticed a huge difference with the lack of how breathable they are over the previous style. I expected a little bit but it's significant IMO.
Even in chilly October my feat were really damp after wearing them in garrison all day- I can't imagine what they would be like in the summer.

I called the store where I bought them to see about picking up some breathing eyelet holes to put in myself and I guess it's pretty hard to get them. The store had a bunch in tan colour but they called  Rocky(company) a few months ago and the company said they are even having a hard time getting them and need to go right to the manufacture which it sounds like they are not even bothering to do.  I'm going to pop the breathe holes out of my jungle boots and have them put in the sides of my new rockeys as an ad hoc fix.

I also noticed that the new rockeys seem bigger size wise. All of my other rockeys fit the same way but these boots almost feel a size bigger, there is a lot more room in them then I'm used to. Bordering on too much room, I'm not sure why it's like that. If anything these new boots should be tighter than my 3 year old rockeys.

If you're used to a certain size boot make and you're going to get the new style of Rockeys make sure to try them on first.

ObedientiaZelum said:
I started wearing my 'new style' rockeys  which don't have the little breathing holes on the insides of the boots.

I noticed a huge difference with the lack of how breathable they are over the previous style. I expected a little bit but it's significant IMO.
Even in chilly October my feat were really damp after wearing them in garrison all day- I can't imagine what they would be like in the summer.

I called the store where I bought them to see about picking up some breathing eyelet holes to put in myself and I guess it's pretty hard to get them. The store had a bunch in tan colour but they called  Rocky(company) a few months ago and the company said they are even having a hard time getting them and need to go right to the manufacture which it sounds like they are not even bothering to do.  I'm going to pop the breathe holes out of my jungle boots and have them put in the sides of my new rockeys as an ad hoc fix.

I also noticed that the new rockeys seem bigger size wise. All of my other rockeys fit the same way but these boots almost feel a size bigger, there is a lot more room in them then I'm used to. Bordering on too much room, I'm not sure why it's like that. If anything these new boots should be tighter than my 3 year old rockeys.

If you're used to a certain size boot make and you're going to get the new style of Rockeys make sure to try them on first.
Funny, I've noticed no real appreciable difference, in both breathability and sizing, and I've been wearing the "new" style for over a year now.

I have a handful of the tan eyelets as my tans started losing them (stopped at one, on one boot, quit wearing them after that).  You could always paint those black?

I've only worn the new style Rocky's so I can't compare to the old style.

I haven't had any issues with breathability or being too warm.  From what I heard about the old style(vents popping out),  IMO the mesh vents is the better way to go.  No issues with sizing for me,  I wear a size 12 shoe(and SWATs) and size 12 Rocky's fit me well. 

I didn't get to wear my Rocky S2Vs when I was in the reserve but I sure broke them In when I would go hiking every weekend and I must say I have never had a problem with them. I have been wearing them for about 15 months now and not one problem yet.

I have took notice that the new Rocky S2Vs are now waterproof. Has anyone tried these?

Verge1993 said:
I have took notice that the new Rocky S2Vs are now waterproof. Has anyone tried these?

Only the Rocky S2V Waterproof Duty Boots and the Waterproof Insulated boots, not the Vented Military Boots.
http://www.rockyboots.com/Product-Details/15876/FQ0000323/Rocky_S2V_Waterproof_Duty_Boot/
http://www.rockyboots.com/Product-Details/14788/FQ00104-1/Rocky-S2V-Waterproof-Insulated-Military-Duty-Boot/

I'm trying to get myself a pair of S2Vs before my summer training. Unfortunately, couple of stores I found in Canada are selling them for about $350CAD while they are only $190USD across the border. Do we have any Rocky dealer in Canada? Where can one purchase reasonably priced S2Vs.

Have you tried CANEX? Also, are you not eligible for combat boot reimbursement? $340.00 + taxes if I remember correctly.

I went straight from Rocky and they arrived in a week, great sales too on their main site

Picked up mine here:

https://www.herooutdoors.com/searchresults?search_query=s2v

Meets requirements for the under $340 limit before taxes.

Back