• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Rock Climbing

cdn_army_wolf

Inactive
Reaction score
I have heard that there is a rock climbing wall at St. Jean. Just wondering if what I heard is correct, and also if recruits are allowed to use it on those rare occasions of down time? Would hate to see all my hard work from the last 2 years start to fade from lack of training, but I do realize that I am there for CF training, not personal pursuits.

That's a good question, I've been debating on bringing my harness with me to BMQ as I've been wanting to go climbing all year. Anyone know about either of these questions?

cdn_army_wolf said:
I have heard that there is a rock climbing wall at St. Jean.

Yes.

cdn_army_wolf said:
Just wondering if what I heard is correct, and also if recruits are allowed to use it on those rare occasions of down time?

No.

Bring your equipment, Montreal's bound to have a few climbing walls you can use during a weekend off, but don't expect to be using the one in the Mega.

Why wouldn't they be allowed to use that wall? I used it, I had my friend who was there on an officer course take out the required gear, because you need to be certified or something he said. And then we climbed our lil hearts out. After week 5, assuming your not screw ups you can pretty much do what you like, as long as your don't have anything course related, such as duty platoon.

jdmoney said:
Why wouldn't they be allowed to use that wall?

Several sections of the Mega are OOB for recruits.  Your case may have been an exception, an oversight, or a change of policy.  Were you and your friend there while attending recruit training?

Would it be worth me bringing my harness and hardware (not rope) to BMQ? Even if I'm not using the wall at the Mega?

Shamrock said:
Bring your equipment, Montreal's bound to have a few climbing walls you can use during a weekend off, but don't expect to be using the one in the Mega.

Already answered.

Yes, I was on BMQ and my friend was 2nd summer of IAP or some other officer training, I can't remember what exactly. After the 5th week (4th weekend is ottawa, and cemetary) we pretty much got free reign of the base, if we had the time. We sorta got a little screwed over because on the first weekend we got off we got stuck with duty platoon duties. This was in mid August. We were also supplied the gear by the girls at the desk after swipping in.

Back