• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Robin Williams Dead at 63

my72jeep

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
More at link
https://ca.celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/robin-williams-dead-of-apparent-suicide-at-63-231414092.html

Robin Williams, the manic comic who morphed from TV's Mork from Ork to Oscar-winning glory, is dead of an apparent suicide. He was 63.

RIP to a great man.

It is suggested that Mr Williams had a long struggle with manic-depressive type disorder. Perhaps it finally took its toll.

RIP to a great entertainer.

RIP. Sadly, I sort of saw this coming. I vaguely remember hearing a month or so ago that he was "off the wagon" so to speak.

Depression is no joke... a comic icon that i will personally miss greatly..

Another piece of sad news.
Robin Williams joins other great comics and entertainers.

Shocked and saddened to hear of this today.  I've always enjoyed his work and will miss him dearly.

I remember being young watching Mrs. Doubtfire with my dad and mimicking the "help is on they way dear!" scene when he saves pierce brosnon. We would jump over the couch haha.  It's sad he is gone.

I'm sad for the man and what brought him to this state, however, right from his Mork days I thought his humour was childish and unsophisticated.

Except when he does the bit about the origin of golf. That was good. ;)

Some of his stand up routines (and yes, Recceguy, the "golf" piece was brilliant) were quite good.  I partcularly liked his voiced character "Ramon" in "Happy Feet" and "Happy Feet 2".

What I really dislike is the excruciating detail used by the MSM to describe the circumstances and method of his suicide.  Very classless.

Yes, but as a PAFO, ex-MSM type, told us in a brief "if it bleeds, it leads".

Back