• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RIP Cpl. McLaren.

JayJay144

Inactive
Reaction score
Just got my week nine badge here at St. Jean and when we got back to our floor someone told us about the latest news. Little did I know that when I did my laundry today one of the faces on the newscast was someone whom I was in the same grade with in highschool. We had a few classes here and there but I never really got a chance to get to know him very well. All I knew was he started as a reservist in Peterborough and Loved the army.

I made myself a basic demo recording before I came off to St. Jean back in the beginning of October. It's not much and is rough but one of the songs I wrote was in tribute of soldiers. (Panic Breathe)

http://www.myspace.com/thelegendofwilsongumbad

I also went to school in Ptbo. with Mark. Grades 8 through 12. Not a really close friend or anything but I always had respect for his service to this GREAT country. The loss is having quite an impact on this fairly tight knit community.

Rest In Peace Mark

Fallen soldier's body to return to Peterborough
Article Link

Corporal Mark McLaren's body is returning to CFB Trenton today with his funeral scheduled for 10 a.m. on Saturday

Date: 2008-12-08
The body of Peterborough's Corporal Mark McLaren will be on Canadian soil today when the airplane carrying him lands at Canadian Forces Base Trenton.
Family and friends will be there for a service before his body is taken down the Highway of Heros (Highway 401 section from Trenton to Toronto) for a post-mortem exam.

Cpl. McLaren's family will be receiving friends on Friday at the Kaye Funeral Home on George Street from 1 to 4 p.m. and from 6 to 9 p.m., with the funeral being held at the Peterborough Armoury on Saturday at 10 a.m. His burial will be at Beachwood in Ottawa.

Anyone wanting to express their condolences can e-mail his parents, Alan and Jo-Anne McLaren, at cocacola@nexicam.net or mail them at 915 Western Avenue, Peterborough, Ontario, K9J 5W1.

Kaye Funeral Home and Memorial Chapel
539 George St. N.
Peterborough, ON
K9H 3S1
MAP

Peterborough Armoury
220 Murray St.,  Peterborough,  Ontario
MAP

Beechwood Cemetery
280 Beechwood Avenue,
Ottawa, Ontario  K1L 8E2
MAP