• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ride for Dad and the Military Families Fund

Haggis

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with prostate cancer reearch and fundraising has probably heard of the "Motorcycle Ride for Dad" (MRFD).  This year, as part of the 10th anniversary of the MRFD, August 1, 2010 marks the start of a cross country motorcycle tour.  This Celebration Tour is to raise money in support of both prostate cancer and the Military Families Fund.

Any Army.ca members participating?

There's at least one ... if his plans haven't changed that is.

PM in.

I would like to but my leave plan forbids it... at least I was able to do the one here in Kingston back in May.

That old time and money thing...

A stop in Borden on Aug 12th:

"On Thursday August 12, 2010, the Motorcycle Ride For Dad will be rolling into CFB Borden for a BBQ and live entertainment from one of Canada’s most successful rock groups, Glass Tiger. The ride will arrive on Base at approximately 7:30 p.m. at the arena parking lot. The BBQ and live entertainment will then commence at the Field House with Glass Tiger taking the stage at 8:45 p.m.

La Randonnée pour papa qui s’arrêtera à la BFC Borden le jeudi 12 août 2010, le temps de participer à un barbecue et d’assister à un spectacle de Glass Tiger, l’un des groupes rock les plus populaires du Canada. Les motocyclistes arriveront au stationnement de l’aréna de la Base vers 19 h 30, puis se rendront au complexe sportif Anderson pour le barbecue et le spectacle de Glass Tiger, qui montera sur scène à 20 h 45. "

Ammo said:
The BBQ and live entertainment will then commence at the Field House with Glass Tiger taking the stage at 8:45 p.m.

I saw Glass Tiger live at Cornwall Lift-Off a couple of years ago.  Great show!

Member's attendance is being sought more so, with the lower participation at previous stops along the way, based on email I have received. So if you are in town with no plans, take a moment and stop by when the Ride is nearby.

Back