• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Retire from CAF and entering Fed PS [Merged]

Curious if a scanned copy of the MPRR would work for Res F time, with the eligible pds indicated.  I think I'll try it & see.  The gist of any response will, of course, be shared!  :nod:

bridges said:
Curious if a scanned copy of the MPRR would work for Res F time, with the eligible pds indicated.  I think I'll try it & see.  The gist of any response will, of course, be shared!  :nod:

I have submitted an MPRR in PDF format from EMAA, together with a summary in the covering email.  No response yet, but it's been less than 24 hours.

A friend submitted other proof of service for his Reg F time and received acknowledgement:

Compensation Services has received your Proof of Service documentation attached to your latest enquiry which has now been assigned to a Compensation Advisor.

Effective 12 July 2012, Compensation Services will begin performing the required calculations in order to credit eligible employees who come forward with the appropriate Vacation Leave as per the provisions of the relevant Collective Agreement or Terms and Conditions of Employment

Please note that there are no timelines on when employees can provide the necessary documentation for proof of service, nor is there a deadline on when the changes are to be implemented. We will endeavour to have the changes implemented 6 weeks from 12 July 2012 or the date we receive the necessary documentation, whichever is later.

Once completed, a response will be provided to your Enquiry ID XXXXXXX

I submitted mine today after they actually contacted me in regards to my previous enquiry.

Here is the response.

Do not reply to this message. / Svp ne répondez pas à ce message

Comments:
Good day,

Yes, you can submit an new enquiry and attach your MPRR.

Name deleted., Compensation Services

Crantor said:
I submitted mine today after they actually contacted me in regards to my previous enquiry.

Here is the response.

Comments:
Good day,

Yes, you can submit an new enquiry and attach your MPRR.

Name deleted., Compensation Services

Huh.  The response I got from them yesterday was just a rehash of the HR info notice linked above - it didn't mention the MPRR.    Good to know - thanks.

::)  I suppose none of this should be any surprise for those of us who've been around the block, so to speak. 

John Tescione said:
Who do I see about obtaining my MPRR?

dileas

tess

Your current unit OR (if you're still in), or if you're released, try giving these folks a call:
http://admfincs.mil.ca/rprl-res/rprl-n-res_e.asp?sel=rprl-res

Edit:  just realized a DWAN link won't be of much help to someone who's released.  Here's the info:

Contact list for Released Reserve Force Members
DMPAP/RPPO Reserve (Released Personnel Pay Office)
Services:

Retiring allowance
Pay after end of service
Change of Address
T4 and T4A
Toll free: 1-800-773-7705

Email: RPPOReserve@forces.gc.ca

--------------------
RPPO (Reg) - Released Personnel Pay Office (Regular Force)

For pay questions concerning Released and Releasing personnel:
1-800-773-7705
NCR: 613-971-6006 

Email: MilPayRELEASEOBSERVATION@forces.gc.ca

Hmn.  I submitted a request for prior service record on behalf of an employee and got an automated response from the release section.

RECOGNITION OF PRIOR CF SERVICE FOR VACATION PURPOSES / CALCUL DES CREDITS DE CONGE POUR SVC ANTERIEUR DANS LES FC: 

The following response is provided from ADM HR-Civ Compensation Services / La réponse est fournit par les Services de rémunération SMA (RH-Civ).

Before you can move forward with the application of this entitlement, the Civilian Compensation Community still requires further confirmation from Treasury Board.  This confirmation, which is expected in the near future, comes via a Compensation Directive and provides all aspects on the application of this entitlement.  The Directive will contain the specifics on what exactly (what specific document {s}) will be required to provide proof of service in order for you to benefit from this measure.  You are therefore asked to forward your request to your HR-Civ Compensation Services Advisor in order to ensure that they officially respond to your enquiry.  It is not possible for DMCA 4-2 to respond to your request nor to forward it on your behalf.  You are requested to forward your email to your HR-Civ Compensation Advisor or to call 1-855-450-7669 for further information 

Also their voicemail is full and they aren't picking up.  go figure.

Crantor said:

Understandable, it takes all your energy sometimes to juggle a hot potato. 

So let's see now, TB has announced the benefit and the procedures, the CANFORGEN tells us to go to the release section to get the paperwork, the release section tells us to go to HR-Civ, and HR-Civ says wait for "further confirmation from TB".  Yep, sounds about right!  :)

Something funny about "further confirmation".......To me it is either "unconfirmed" or "confirmed".

If they need "further confirmation", does that not imply it has been confirmed ? How do you confirm something "further".

I would have understood if they had said "further amplification".

John Tescione said:
Who do I see about obtaining my MPRR?

dileas

tess

I retired 13 years ago but the clerk in my OR was able to pull it out of the system in minutes using my service number.....that was too easy.

A co-worker reports that he submitted an MPRR on Monday (former Reg F service), and his leave entitlements were updated today.

So the system is working.

dapaterson said:
A co-worker reports that he submitted an MPRR on Monday (former Reg F service), and his leave entitlements were updated today.

It hadn't even occurred to me to check yet.  I was thinking in the order of months (if we're lucky), not days.  Interesting. 

Crantor said:
Hmn.  I submitted a request for prior service record on behalf of an employee and got an automated response from the release section.

RECOGNITION OF PRIOR CF SERVICE FOR VACATION PURPOSES / CALCUL DES CREDITS DE CONGE POUR SVC ANTERIEUR DANS LES FC: 

The following response is provided from ADM HR-Civ Compensation Services / La réponse est fournit par les Services de rémunération SMA (RH-Civ).

Before you can move forward with the application of this entitlement, the Civilian Compensation Community still requires further confirmation from Treasury Board.  This confirmation, which is expected in the near future, comes via a Compensation Directive and provides all aspects on the application of this entitlement.  The Directive will contain the specifics on what exactly (what specific document {s}) will be required to provide proof of service in order for you to benefit from this measure.  You are therefore asked to forward your request to your HR-Civ Compensation Services Advisor in order to ensure that they officially respond to your enquiry.  It is not possible for DMCA 4-2 to respond to your request nor to forward it on your behalf.  You are requested to forward your email to your HR-Civ Compensation Advisor or to call 1-855-450-7669 for further information 

Unfortunately, the art of communication often seems to be dying and folks often seem to use the wrong words.  Notwithstanding the concept of a thesaurus, one word is often not as good as another.  In this case, CDN Aviator is absolutely correct.  A decision has been rendered and a policy statement has been made.  What is required now is further instruction (vice confirmation) on how to implement the policy change.  This will always take awhile as no policy change can be implemented instantaneously (unless someone has actully planned for it prior to announcement, which is seldom the case).  Add to this the fact that we are in the process of cutting the very staff that will be expected to deal with this and we could be in for a bit of a wait (everyone doing a little happy dance at the cutting of staff "bloat" should take note).

As an aside, MPRRs are generally available through HRMS for anyone (regular or reserve) who was serving in 1995 or later (i.e. if you retired or joined in 1995 or later).

Pusser said:
Add to this the fact that we are in the process of cutting the very staff that will be expected to deal with this and we could be in for a bit of a wait (everyone doing a little happy dance at the cutting of staff "bloat" should take note).

Oh, but services to Canadians will not be affected by the cuts.    ::)

Another "wrinkle" I'd read in all the directives and guides that have been floating around is that your union has to have a current contract in place. Mine has expired and is being "negotiated"

Here's the response back from compensation when I sent in my request yesterday.

"Enquiry # #######.
Le numero de demande # ######

Comments:
Good day, we cannot process your request at this time as the EG collective agreement has not been signed. Please re submit your request when your agreement has been signed.  Thank you."

Figures........

Timex said:
Another "wrinkle" I'd read in all the directives and guides that have been floating around is that your union has to have a current contract in place. Mine has expired and is being "negotiated"

I feel for you.  Yours expired in June of last year....ours expired in August of 2010.  The only upside is that there should be some nice retroactive pay increases when the arbitrator rules before end-Aug for us...in addition to them being able to process the extra leave. 

dapaterson said:

What Dept is he working for?????  This must be the exception (I wonder if there was any beer involved  ;-)  Mentioned by previous folks effect of DRAP and "Harper's Economic Plan" on personnel doing updating.  Our Dept has just figured out how a "wheel" works.  While we do have a union contract in place, it's still going to take time.

I was told it might take up to 6 weeks.  But that's here at DND.  My guess is that DND might have the highest amount of people affect by this.  But I could be wrong.

RavRob said:
I retired 13 years ago but the clerk in my OR was able to pull it out of the system in minutes using my service number.....that was too easy.

Did same with my former unit (I retired only 15 months ago) and got my MPRR emailed within an hour.  Now to convince the authorities that be that an MPRR would work....

Canuck4ever said:
Did same with my former unit (I retired only 15 months ago) and got my MPRR emailed within an hour.  Now to convince the authorities that be that an MPRR would work....

It does.  At lesat they told me that my MPRR was good enough.

Back