• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reservist Training

Oy Vey......baby steps....get qualified then worry about what other employment is out there for you.....

NFLD Sapper said:
Oy Vey......baby steps....get qualified then worry about what other employment is out there for you.....

Hey at least he's not the guy who's already asking about PF course opportunities before he's even done his trade quals.

NFLD Sapper said:
12 Actually, anything over than that is supposed to be Class B...
That is 12 days consecutively, not in a month.  I don`t know where the 16 days in a month limitation comes from.  There are limits for the number of Cl A days in a fiscal year before higher authority must be obtained.

Eowyn said:
That is 12 days consecutively, not in a month.  I don`t know where the 16 days in a month limitation comes from.  There are limits for the number of Cl A days in a fiscal year before higher authority must be obtained.

Monthly limits are generally promulgated in Division orders; 4 Div's LFCAD on the subject provides a 16 days per month limit.  In 4 Div, individuals are limited to 80 days/year (CO's authority), 100 days/year (Bde Comd's authority); above that requires Div Comd authority.

Does anyone know what courses are being offered this Spring/Summer for Reservists? Specifically for new recruits? Any dates would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SGH-T679M using Tapatalk 2

Are you talking about BMQ?  DP1 courses?  What, precisely, is the question?

In addition, most of those courses are run by Bdes or Divs - so if you're in Barrie, a course in Kelowna isn't much good for you.

B38890 said:
Does anyone know what courses are being offered this Spring/Summer for Reservists? Specifically for new recruits? Any dates would be much appreciated.

Just to clear something up first, before we go any further: 

1.  Are you currently a Reservist?

2.  If you are, why have you not asked your Chain of Command (ie. your superiors) at your unit?

3.  If you are NOT, then what is the purpose of asking about courses you will not be able to attend?

B38890 said:

It depends on what area division you belong to and what trade you are.  To get the best information on courses it is best to talk to your chain of command.  They will be able to tell you which courses they have spots allocated for. 

At this date I doubt that the summer training calendar is ready yet, just big picture idea.  The exact dates and break down of courses (how many candidates and allocation of candidates) is most likely not finalized.

B38890 said:

There are too many courses and changing dates and candidate numbers to even begin to list it here. Go ask your Ops pers. They are the ones with the info that you need and will be the ones that will input your tasking if you fit the parameters and you get approved.

As dangerboy stated, they may not even be out yet. Most Units announce what's available once the list hits the Unit computers.

I am in hiring process Fitness and medical left. Then off to Meaford starting with BMQ. The Sergeant I have been communicating with hqs been away since coming back from Arctic exercise. I was hoping to get approximate dates. Is BMQ for Reservists usually May or June? Thanks for any info, although it maybe too early to say.

B38890 said:
I am in hiring process Fitness and medical left. Then off to Meaford starting with BMQ. The Sergeant I have been communicating with hqs been away since coming back from Arctic exercise. I was hoping to get approximate dates. Is BMQ for Reservists usually May or June? Thanks for any info, although it maybe too early to say.

Ask your next in line superior to check it out for you with Ops then.

As I stated already, there are to many changing dates and factors to even begin making a guess at this point. The ones with the most up to date info and your particular situation will be the guys in your own Ops shop.

Not here.

recceguy said:
Ask your next in line superior to check it out for you with Ops then.

As I stated already, there are to many changing dates and factors to even begin making a guess at this point. The ones with the most up to date info and your particular situation will be the guys in your own Ops shop.

Not here.

::)

How many times and in how many ways has he now been told this?

He may not make it through the 'hiring process'.

Fair enough I will wait for detailes dates from my unit. Thanks for your time.

Back