• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reservist probed for 'racist activity' as police prepare for white pride rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael O'Leary said:
And, sadly, it is celebrated mostly by those who seem to think that being (or liable to be) arrested for public intoxication somehow celebrates their "Irishness."

And, to be the ashhole that gets the thread locked....

The local "new Rock" radio station here in Halifax stipulated that during the lunchtime request hour on March 17th...."all requests must be made with an Irish accent."

No big deal, right...."Haha....Irish is funny!"

My "fireteam partner" read as: (my buddy @ work), brought up the point that, If the same radio station were to ask for requests only in "Ebonics" during February...heads would roll.

Seems to be a double-double standard to me.

Hammer Sandwich said:

The local "new Rock" radio station here in Halifax stipulated that during the lunchtime request hour on March 17th...."all requests must be made with an Irish accent."

My "fireteam partner" read as: (my buddy @ work), brought up the point that, If the same radio station were to ask for requests only in "Ebonics" during February...heads would roll.

But then again being Irish isn't a race, and possessing the accent is a product of having been born or grown up in Ireland, surrounded by that culture, regardless of the colour of ones skin. So you can't really comare the two.

YoungQYR said:
But then again being Irish isn't a race, and possessing the accent is a product of having been born or grown up in Ireland, surrounded by that culture, regardless of the colour of ones skin. So you can't really comare the two.

There is little distinction made in our culture between those that are prejudiced against someone for their ethnicity and those prejudiced against someone for their race. Whether you are racist against black people in general or whether you are prejudiced against those who are from Sub-Saharan Africa only, either way you are labelled a racist, regardless of the fact that the label is not technically correct in the second instance.

So, yes, you can compare the two.

I am extremely prejudice against short caucasian males who a) like zombie flicks; b) drink beer; c)  are named Joe

awwwww crap, I hate myself! Nuts! :facepalm:

Brutus said:
There is little distinction made in our culture between those that are prejudiced against someone for their ethnicity and those prejudiced against someone for their race. Whether you are racist against black people in general or whether you are prejudiced against those who are from Sub-Saharan Africa only, either way you are labelled a racist, regardless of the fact that the label is not technically correct in the second instance.

So, yes, you can compare the two.

Your post above can be categorized in to:

1. Racism

2. Xenophobia

If people can't make the comparison, then well

As someone that grew up in the U.K, it's not uncommon to come across people of different ethnicities, backgrounds and race with Irish, Scottish, Welsh and English accents.

did you grow up in the UK during the period of time were Irish couldnt get jobs and were treated like crap when they immigrated to other countries?

SOPs when you're called a racist. Accuse the other person of being a racist.

There are 101 reasons why a CF member shoudn't be associated with

Hammer Sandwich said:
Trying to steal my job?

That's true.  Drunk Irishman accent is funny.  Ebonics will get you called a racist.

forgiven said:
I could not agree more.  That is one of the reason I don't use facebook anymore, it is creepy.

Can you sit a bit more to the left when you are posting? I can't see your screen clearly as you type.

But, I figured humour was welcome almost anywhere. Keep subtracting the MilPoints, if you must, by my motives are clean. :) As I suggested in an email to the staff, put me at minus one billion or so if it makes you feel better. I'm not here to get or lose points, but to join conversations.

I like to join conversations. Sometimes it would take months or years of reading to find out the answer of just a few questions. I don't think my humorous post was really spammy or excessive, really, or I wouldn't have placed it there. I think it's kind of funny, and a good reflection on the insecurity inherent in facebook, dishing out your location data as it can, unless you set it properly.

And, the post I couldn't erase was not a result of not reading every post in the history of this thread and/or every other thread. It was a comment that was relevant to this thread, but I didn't feel it was necessary.

I just perceive a tone of hostility coming from some of the staff. It isn't necessary. I'm not your enemy. And I do do searches, and read, but, there are what, a hundred thousand pages in the archives? If I have searched back to the point where THEN I'm getting yet another email saying OMG MilPoints, as many as can possibly be deducted have ONCE AGAIN been deducted from your account because you commented on a thread that is too OLD!

So, it's kind of a catch-22. I have searched, then joined an old conversation, then the guys have descended on me, fangs bared, for commenting on an old post. Then I comment on a newer one, and once, again, OMG another infraction, you horrible person.

I mean, really, can we lighten up? I'm not your enemy.

Thanks to kratz for this display of childishness:

Subject: Re: Reservist probed for \'racist activity\' as police prepare for white pride rally
Link: http://forums.Navy.ca/forums/threads/99922/post-1045053.html#msg1045053
Amount: -300 MilPoints

Notes: You asked for negative MilPoints and you shall receive.

For more information, please see the MilPoints FAQ: http://Navy.ca/milpoints/faq.php

Let us know when you reach puberty, kratz.

I hope to God you don't base decisions on whom to point your weapons at in similar fashion, if you are in any military or armed service.

What if  child said to you "go ahead, shoot me!" Would that warrant homicide, too?

I feel sorry for you, and for those like you. Deeply. Your punishment is that you are living as you.

dinicthus said:
Notes: You asked for negative MilPoints and you shall receive.

Relax, there afre some around here that have had their senses of hunour and willingness to engage is mentoring leadership sucked dry by endless years of getting the same treatement from their own CF and regimental/corps chains of command. Give it time, they'll get over their initial "gotta watch that guy" attitude and you'll start to feel left out of all the daily traffic. Just try to stay low enough on the radar to survive long enough to become a regular poster. You'll be surprised at how outrageous the "usual suspects" get to be and not get slammed.

anyone said:
What if  child said to you "go ahead, shoot me!" Would that warrant homicide, too?

Yes because we're highly trained to just follow orders and this child could know something we don't. Like he is a zombie and just about to "turn". You probably wouldn't follow orders and it's because of people like you that whole countries (28 days later) fall to zombie infections.

You should go up to the next person you see and ask them to punch you in the face and see if they do ;)
PS stop crying.

As for the topic, it's amazing that someone would be stupid enough to join a group like this let alone a member of the CF, 17 year old reservist or not.  Crap like that really gives nay-sayers ammunition to use against the military.

Grimaldus said:
As for the topic, it's amazing that someone would be stupid enough to join a group like this let alone a member of the CF, 17 year old reservist or not.  Crap like that really gives nay-sayers ammunition to use against the military.

I concur. There is already many prejudices against the military, no need to give any more fuel to the haters. When one accepts to wear the CF uniform, he got to realize it comes with responsibilities, and I'm pretty sure those responsibilities are very well covered during the formation. Every member of the CF is a representative of the Cf. Fortunately, I've found that the large majority of them are indeed good representatives.

Initially I was sympathetic to the young recruit. Then I went and checked the websites associated with the group.

White pride is a disgusting orgy of hate.

toyotatundra said:
Initially I was sympathetic to the young recruit. Then I went and checked the websites associated with the group.

White pride is a disgusting orgy of hate.

Thanks for trying to kickstart the 'shit show' again.

The least you could have done was put forth a discussion point instead of trying to incite the others to join in.

Ain't happening.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back