• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserves, Regforce and branch elements.

Proud2BCanuck

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello, I am currently in the recruiting process for enrollment in the CAF. Presently my application is for a reserve regiment for combat engineer just outside of Ottawa,ON. My question about the reserves is with regards to salary and pension; do primary reserve soldiers have access to a pension plan? if so if you are in the reserves with a career outside of the military, can you pay into their pension plan with money made in their civilian occupation? If I am looking for job security, and benefits such as those for pension and healthcare benefits, which form of enrollment should i strive for reg or reserve? if reg is it possible to transfer over my application if i had already completed the apt test, interview, and medical process? would anything have to be re-done? I am currently studying hvac at algonquin college and i will be done this coming december 2015 (1 semester left) and for long term enrollment i was looking at marine engineer since they deal with hvac systems, is Marine engineer a satisfying occupation? what are the ups and downs of each element; NAVY,AIR,ARMY? Lastly am i able to re-write my aptitude test that i wrote 2 years ago to increase my score? as did not do as well as i expected despite being a A-A+ student.

I know its alot, but THANK YOU to those who take the time to answer!

Cheers,

As I said in the "Ask a CAF Recruiter" forum, you have been registered on this Site long enough to learn the rules and how it works.

Multiple identical posts is considered spamming. Do not do it.

Research this Site, by reading older threads and using the Search Function, prior to asking questions that have been asked and answered before. Once you have exhausted all avenues and still have not found an answer, then ask, and people will be happy to help you out.

Also, pay attention to spelling, punctuation, capitalization, grammar, and proper sentence and paragraph construction.

There is no salary in the Res Force, unless you have managed to obtain a rare Class B or C (full-time) position, and those contracts are finite. You will be paid for each day or half-day that you parade.

Yes, there is a pension plan, but I do not know how effective it is lately. It had its problems during its inception.

Any civilian occupation and associated pension plan, should there be one, is completely independent of Res life.

There are no health care benefits in the Res Force, unless you are on a Class B contract over 180 days or Class C, nor is there "job security" in the traditional sense. If you want a full-time career and the associated benefits, go Reg Force. Talk to your Recruiter if you wish to change your application.

Now go and start reading older threads.

I believe there are dental benefits for Res including CL A although that may have changed.

Yes, correct. I was thinking about the complete coverage afforded Reg Force members.

Back