• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve's Q

Newguy1

Inactive
Reaction score
1. A number of posts suggest that weekend BMQ for navy reserves isnt possible, but a recruiter told me it is possible. Is this a new thing or has anyone else done navy BMQ on weekends before? If so, how long is it?

2. For weekend BMQ, are we paid for two days or two and half? (I didnt want to ask the recruiter this haha)

Newguy1 said:
1. A number of posts suggest that weekend BMQ for navy reserves isnt possible, but a recruiter told me it is possible. Is this a new thing or has anyone else done navy BMQ on weekends before? If so, how long is it?
It is not possible. The current Naval Reserve basic training is delivered with 20 days of pre-instruction in-unit and eight weeks in Valcartier in the summer.

2. For weekend BMQ, are we paid for two days or two and half? (I didnt want to ask the recruiter this haha)
I have no idea. It won't be an issue if you join the Naval Reserve.

If you were loaded on a weekend bmq, you would get paid 1 half and 2 full.

I didn't see any navy guys on my weekend basic

runormal said:
If you were loaded on a weekend bmq, you would get paid 1 half and 2 full.

I didn't see any navy guys on my weekend basic

This is a NAVY thread, so the OP is posting questions about Naval Reserve Trg.  :)

As for how one is paid, that is usually dictated by the type of training and the 'bureaucracy'.  If you start your weekend trg on a Friday night, and finish on a Sunday, you will be paid for one half day and two full days.  Half days are anything under six hours and Full days are anything over six hours.  Usually that would be 1900 hrs ( 7 pm civie time ) to 2400 hrs (Midnight) for a half days pay, and 0001 hrs to 2400 hrs for a full day on Saturdays, 0001 hrs to 1600 hrs (4 pm ) on Sundays for another Full day.

Back