• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserves at war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q.Y. Ranger

Inactive
Reaction score
If Canada is ever involved in a major conflict in which the Reserves are called up, would Reserve units be capable of working by themselves, or would they all be mixed in with Reg. Force units? By this I mean, if we were called into active duty, would my regiment stay together, or would we all be split up? Just curious.

Mike

It all depends on the situation, the roles envisioned for individual units, warning and preparation time , etc., etc., etc.

It all depends on the scope of the war.

In the CF their are 4 stages of mobilization for the Army Reserves.

Stage 1 (Force Generation) Has the reserves providing individual augmentation with the occasional reserves sub unit formed for domestic ops

Stage 2 (Force Enhancement) Has the reserves provide individual and formed element augmentation to the regs upto the ub unit level, according to operational requirements.

Stage 3 (Force Expansion) The reserves supplies augmentation from the individual level to the provision of forming units and sub units

Stage 4 (National Mobilization) The reserves from sub-units, units and formations.

The last time National Mobilization occured was WW2, so you can imagine what kind of war would be required to send the reserves as individual units and formations.

Currently, in light of Afghanistan I would say we are somewhere in between Stage 2 and 3 depending on wether you call groups like CIMIC, D&S platoon and such units or sub units.

HollywoodHitman said:
Reservists are currently serving in Rifle Companies here in Afghanistan.

As individual augmentees, which places this squarely in Stage 1

In the waning days of Op PALLADUIM (Bosnia), full reserve sub-units were going on rotations.  This would fall into Stage 2, maybe even Stage 3.

Theres word a full reserve company will be heading to afghanistan in 2008, if were still there...

loyaleddie87 said:
Theres word a full reserve company will be heading to afghanistan in 2008, if were still there...

Source???

At first the rumour was that TF1-07 was taking a full Res Coy too...that has only changed 100 times on the RumourNet.  Gets lots of the troops who listen to it confused as hell because the story changes every week and they get all wrapped around the axles when "stuff is changing all the time" when really...its not.  Only the RumourNet is changing...case in point (besides giving, IMO, too much info on the who's and what's, a seperate issue.  Username, Units and locations have been editted in the quote)

XXXX said:
Whos going?

and B, who knows whats going on with the training, and what the deal is with position numbers being filled before any training begins? Because I sure don't and my unit doesnt seem to like passing down information. I didnt even know I was going for work up untill sunday.

Im also wondering as to how many, if any, regular force staff will be overseeing/doing the training in Location A.

Finally, according to my position number and information, im supposed to augment hotel company, Unit A and I was told to go to Location B april 30th. Now im being told to go to Location A april 30th.

Just wondering if anyone knows what the crap is going on, thanks.

Hey Gang,

Let us Cease and desist.

I think there are already many a thread on the current mission to Afghanistan describing the rumours and int on a reserve deployment larger than what is, at present.

It is a fact that every combat engagement that Canada has been in, even before it's official inception, we have mobilized full battalions of reservist.

So there is your answer.  PM me if there is a reason to coninue, this baby is locked.

dileas

tess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back