• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserves and Cadets

Soldier of Fortune

Inactive
Reaction score
Is it possible to be in Cadets and in the Reserves at the same time if they parade on different nights of the week?

No. I have a friend who i am in the Reserves with and was in air cadets. He had to drop cadets to join Res. Force. Sorry if you are looking for another answer. :mg: :blotto:

There‘s actually nothing wrong with being both in cadets and the reserves, I‘ve known a few people who were actively in both (one guy on my BMQ insisted he should be addressed as Cadet Warrant Officer because he still bore that rank in cadets). If you do chose to remain in both, just remember that as a reservist you are subject to the Code of Service Discipline any time you are on DND property or at an event sponsored by DND (i.e. just about any sort of cadet activity) so even though you may be on cadet time, you won‘t be able to get away with stuff you usually could. A buddy of mine who had been sworn in thought that because he was leaving cadets he could start telling people off, but when one person complained, the corps UHRO initiated a harrassment charge against him.

Thanks for the info so far. I‘ve just have one more question, if you are in the reserves can you do cadet training in the summer instead of going on course for the reserves?

I think you should check again if your allowed to be in both. Im fairly certian you can‘t be. It‘s one or the other.

CATO 13-07 sais: "The provisions for enrolement in the Primary Reserves are outlined in CFAO 49-10 and 49-11. Membership in a cadet unit does not legally bar enrolment in the Primary Reserves."

I think it‘s because cadets are civillians, and since whatever you do on your own time is your own business it isn‘t a problem. Personally I‘d advise against doing both at the same time, if anything it would be way too time consuming to effectively do both, especially when you also have things like school to worry about. Not to mention it seems kind of pointless doing both. In any case I‘m pretty sure the option is open for you, but I have no idea what happens with summer training.

The Cadet CSM for our unit joined the PRes and continued to finish his last year of "Cadet duties" without any problem.

I was in the reserves and cadets at the same time. I joined the reserves because I was sure that I wasn‘t going to get picked to go on FlySchol. Well 3 months into the reserve thing , by some miracle, I was chosen to get my wings. I went to my cpl and explained the situation and she said that I was expected to go on course for reserves every summer. HHmmmmm. . .pilots license or basic. I took the pilot training, and left the reserves(which I now regret, leaving the reserves, not getting my pilots license). So now I re-enlisted and am waiting to get back in. That was 3 years ago that I left so hopefully they‘ll let me back in.

Back