• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve Unit Hockey Teams

Love793

Inactive
Reaction score
Is any one on here playing for a Reserve Unit or Garrison team?  If so, how does your unit work it for funding, insurance coverage etc...?

Here we have both my unit (Arty) and the Comms Sqn combined on the team, the Sqn bought both the home and away Jerseys and we (the players) usually pitch in money for the ice time/ref as for insurance sometimes we are able to get permission to sign in (although I think those days are numbered) otherwise its a play at your own risk event.  We have had the team together for 3 or 4 years now and play the local media every year for a charity game.

Thanks, I know there are a few units whom do that, but the deal is they parade the next parade night as well or don't get paid.

Well we keep our players to only the regulars, kinda an incentive to show up regularly. Or occasionally we will let someone that is in the recruiting process join us for a game.

My res unit has had a team in the Base Intersection league for the last 5 years. Anyone on Cl A or Cl B under 180 days needs to buy a 10$ sports card from the Gym, to be covered by insurance. New players every year buy their jerseys, that way we can keep them instead of having to sign for them from SQ. We've never had a problem of people showing up for hockey and not showing up for parade nights, in fact one year when a game was on a Thursday night, the unit was ordered down to the arena to watch our game, while the hockey players got off an hour before hand to get ready. So it definately helps if your CoC supports the team. Also, we do not sign in for a half day Cl A for the hockey games, so it is a military-sanctioned volunteer event, which allows us to have just people that want to play.

Back