• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve Training

Retention in the CAF writ large is focused on quantitative measures (number of bums in seats) vs qualitative measures (get rid of the bums and keep the quality instead).

Retention in the CAF writ large is focused on quantitative measures (number of bums in seats) vs qualitative measures (get rid of the bums and keep the quality instead).
It's always a numbers game, which in the long term wastes administrative resources and money on troops who get in and then are released cause 3 years later they can't complete BMQ.

Army Soldier Readiness Policy - Reserve [SRP-R]:

euwCTo4.jpg

Pro tip: When you're under assessment on phase training, the ammo resupply didn't happen so all your sleep deprived subordinates are running out of blank, and the enemy persist, giving the order "Fix Bayonets!" gets DS attention, the enemy ordered to withdraw, a nice forced rest, and a pass on your assessment in the defensive.

Posted this before. Still my favorite anytime someone says "bayonets"

😁

Pro tip: When you're under assessment on phase training, the ammo resupply didn't happen so all your sleep deprived subordinates are running out of blank, and the enemy persist, giving the order "Fix Bayonets!" gets DS attention, the enemy ordered to withdraw, a nice forced rest, and a pass on your assessment in the defensive.
I can say from experience that no matter how fast you can get get the BFA off to fix bayonet, it feels like forever when you are trying to protect yourself from large wildlife.

I can say from experience that no matter how fast you can get get the BFA off to fix bayonet, it feels like forever when you are trying to protect yourself from large wildlife.
Oh there's a story there. Tell?

I've heard that the Armoured Regiments in the reserves are moving away from the reconnaissance role. What is their new role going to be?

I've heard that the Armoured Regiments in the reserves are moving away from the reconnaissance role. What is their new role going to be?
Calvary. More advance to contact, less sneaking and peeking.

Just make them infantry. If they aren’t really going to be armoured why pretend. Maybe they can be the new AT capability if it ever comes to pass. make them Into anti armour platoons.

Just make them infantry. If they aren’t really going to be armoured why pretend. Maybe they can be the new AT capability if it ever comes to pass. make them Into anti armour platoons.
Or, crazy idea here, they can train on the TAPV as cavalry and reserve joint training can make moves towards TAPV motorized reserve units.

<Zipper Heads everywhere screaming at the thought having to carry their kit vs. their kit carrying them>

:)

If we don't make them cavalry with a strong anti armour capability we're missing an opportunity.

Top that off with solid training to work with enablers like deep strike artillery and UCAVs

🍻

Back