• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reserve A-stan Tour in 2007; 36 bde

• Thread starter jmackenzie_15
  • Start date
I'm actually shocked at some of these comments.  Ok, I'll take on this role.  I would suggest that you start reading the news paper.  The Defence Minster of Canada is travelling around warning Canadians that they should be prepared for Canadians coming home in body bags.  Furthermore, it was recently released that Canada will be spending roughly 780 million dollars on transports. 

Honestly, I'm having a hard time believing that your Regiment is not keeping you up to date.

Good Luck

Can you start giving us more routine news updates?  I don't get the paper or watch TV... ::)

One suggestion:  if you're going to post "news", at least get it right.  The DM never once has mentioned "body bags" and the $750m was for the MMEV, not aircraft.  No tranport contracts have been announced whatsoever.

Next?

I didn't say aircraft, and he stated there will be casualties. numptee. 

PAMWE said:
I didn't say aircraft, and he stated there will be casualties. numptee.  

No, you said "transports", which typically refers to aircraft.   There are no recent contract announcements concerning any form of transport within the CF - ground or air.   Period.

As for the rest, I don't post on this site to engage in juvenille name calling.   I gather from your recent posts that you're a new member of the CF and that you're somewhere in Reserve BMQ-land.   If so, you'd be well advised to rein the invective in a tad and do more reading and learning.   While I might overlook your rudeness and your obvious lack of knowledge, there are others on this forum who might not be so understanding.   As it is, if the quality of your posts are indicative of your other abilities, I wouldn't have you under my command in any operational theatre under any circumstance.

By the way, it's usually "numpty"... ;D

Teddy Ruxpin said:
By the way, it's usually "numpty"... ;D

"numptee"    "numpty"   who cares.... neither one passes a Microsoft spell checker.

Naw its Numpty.

PAMWE, you've embarked down a poorly chosen path if you beleive you can engage Teddy on an equal footing in this respect.
Instead of trying to lecture several us on the realities of life in the military maybe you should consider switching to receive...

KevinB said:
Naw its Numpty.

I've also seen it spelled "Numphtee" by a friend in the PAff branch.... and we all know that their grammar and spelling are gooder than ours.

PAMWE:  You've just received good advice.  Heed it, lest you become regarded as a Numpty/Numptee/Numphty.

KevinB said:
PAMWE, you've embarked down a poorly chosen path if you beleive you can engage Teddy on an equal footing in this respect.
Instead of trying to lecture several us on the realities of life in the military maybe you should consider switching to receive...
(shakes head) Yes after that, I am regretting my earlier post in PAM's favour. :-[

Perhaps while PAM is reflecting on his/her poor choice of words PAM's profile could be expanded too?. 

LOL! Ok, I'll play.  This is the lowest bit of barn yard antics.  Are we really arguing over the word "numptee".  You are right about one thing, I will take the time to answer questions with thought and consideration.  However, I stand by my initial remarks that I am concerned about the lack of knowledge about Canada's new role on this website.  My point was that we shouldn't be arguing over about who "gets" to go because I think we will all have a "chance".  When soldiers start to argue over trivial details, they have too much time on their hands. 

Pamwe Chete!

PAMWE said:
 .......   However, I stand by my initial remarks that I am concerned about the lack of knowledge about Canada's new role on this website.  

Interesting statement, for someone who we must assume has no military background (from Profile info) and doesn't seem to take advice or comments on matters from those who have proven experience.   Your comments could just as easily been created out of thin air.   We have no true perspective of where you are coming from, and will treat you in the appropriate manner that a comment may be presented.

I suppose if you were the CDS, or Deputy Ministe or such, using a pseudonym; we would accept your comments as having more weight.

The problem that your missing is several of us have been there, and gotten the T shirt as it where.

I dont like to be lectured by some "snot nosed" kid, with a basic understanding of the military.

George Wallace said:
I suppose if you were the CDS, or Deputy Minister or such, using a pseudonym; we would accept your comments as having more weight.

George that would be a treat!  Gotta watch PAMWE's future posts for hockey analogies which would expose him as CDS.... ;D

Well, we'd better be careful... 

Both the nickname and the signature PAMWE uses are the motto of the old Rhodesian Selous Scouts.  We might have a real, honest-to-God, hardcore, Communist-Terrorist killin', "been thar, done that", SF operator on our hands...  Perhaps he can regale us with stories of jumping from Daks and doing heliborne insertions from Alouette IIIs....  :-\

What was that about BMQ again?  Oh yeah, that's right... ::)

For my Rhodesian friend:  you do realize, don't you, that several of the people you've been knocking have considerable personal experience in Afghanistan?  Or has that point, made by several posters, been lost on you?

MOD NOTE,
PAMWE,
Just to expand on what the bear said, not only are there many posters in this thread with actually time "over there", but some who have actually had a hand in shaping some of those policy's you seem to think that they are ignorant of.

Lets not let this distraction take this thread off topic anymore, please.
Thanks

Bruce Monkhouse said:
...and your confirming information would be?

The next deploment for reserves that I'm aware of is Feb 2006 to Afgan as a Canadian will be the Brigadier for the NCE.  SALH and LER are suppling a sizable number for this. 

This is somewhat incorrect. 

Commander of TF Afghanistan (TF 01-06) will be Col Fraser (Comd 1 CMBG, A/WSE to BGen) - in addition to his duties as Comd MNB(S).  The Canadian TF DComd is slated to be CO SALH (former LdSH LCol - A/WSE to Col), who will run the NCE day to day.  There is no BGen in the NCE.  This is not a "Reserve deployment", but the NCE does indeed contain a substantial number of Reservists in augmentation roles.  41 CBG also has a D&S platoon deploying on the same rotation, unless things have changed in the last 48 hours or so.

It has been argued that the NCE will find itself playing a very limited role, given the significant number of Canadians within the Brigade itself and the "double-hatting" of the TF Comd, but we'll see.

Back