• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reselling Returned Underwear?!!

Dan Gerous

Inactive
Reaction score
I was listening to the radio while driving and I think I was listening to CBC.   The host of the show was interviewing an investigative journalist who ran ABC's "Shame on You" segment.   Apperently this guy got a tip from a former employee of Victoria's Secret, NY,   who was saying that the store resold returned underwear.   So this guy did some investigative journalism.   He bought a thong from Victoria's Secret, took it home where he placed two black dots on the label with permanent marker, made it look as worn as possible without actually putting it on (for health reasons), then returned it.   The store took it back and the next day the guy went back and ... he found the thing back on the shelf.   So he went to some other stores like Macy's and Saks Fifth Avenue.   They did the same thing.   One store he went to he saw the salesperson put the underwear back on teh shelf after 1 hour.   Some of these stores did have policies about not returning undergarments too.   He did find places that didn't do this, Bloomingdales and Old Navy were two he mentioned.   And guy's, he tried it with menswear and found similar results so don't think you're safe just because you don't wear women's thongs (unless...).   I guess the moral of the story is always wash your "new" underwear no matter how clean it looks.   And a politician in NY is trying to make a law against selling returned undergarments.     All I can say is uugh.

I would say the best thing for you Nate (noting your concern) is to stop shopping for underwear, at Victoria's Secret....    >:D

Well that is what I decided to do as soon as I heard this interview.  Man, never going there again.  Thanks for the concern though.

That's why I wear the stuff the army issued me.  It comes fresh as a daisy in a plastic package.

Too many skid marks.  Clean it up and take it in for an exchange!

All other thoughts aside...It really must have been a slow news day for that guy! ???

Slim

I wouldn't consider that "news" to be a result of a slow news day for that reporter. I believe that this sort of thing would be of concern to quite a few people. There is a reason that stores don't want customers trying on underwear flush.

Apparently some of these stores had no return policies on underwear, but allowed the returns because they want to keep good costomer relations.  I guess they figured they might as well resell it.  Plan kind of backfired though.

Yikes :-X the thought of a store reselling retuned underwear The next time i need to purchace underwear I'll be sure that they are still in the factory sealed bag no more buying underwear off the racks

Back