• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Res Int O OT to Res Inf

30 for 30

Inactive
Reaction score
If a Navres Int O SLt (ie. Army Lt) wanted to OT to Res Inf O, would this be an accurate description of courses needed?

- CAP (3 months?)
- DP1 (3 months?)

I assume rank would be reduced to 2Lt until DP1 is complete. Thanks for any input.

Senor Mono

I thought all INT regardless of element had to do CAP?

Anyways.....

CAP is 10 weeks long
DP1 is 13 weeks long 

If you haven't done CAP you'll need to do it (but I thought all Int O's did CAP?), then DP1.1.  You'd keep your rank.

Senor Mono said:
If a Navres Int O SLt (ie. Army Lt) wanted to OT to Res Inf O, would this be an accurate description of courses needed?

- CAP (3 months?)
- DP1 (3 months?)

I assume rank would be reduced to 2Lt until DP1 is complete. Thanks for any input.

Senor Mono

In 2007 Airforce and Army Int did CAP, but not Navy. Back in 2007 there was a big turf war over Airforce officers doing CAP, as the Airforce wasn't too keen on the idea. I don't think anything has changed since then.

Of course my info could be dated so I defer to those who may know the most current information.

From the Recruiting Web Site:

Phase II: Common Army Phase

Most INT Officers are required to complete the Common Army Phase (CAP) training conducted at the Infantry School at the Combat Training Centre at Canadian Forces Base (CFB) Gagetown, New Brunswick. You will build upon the leadership training and the skills learned in BOTC and learn advanced weapons-handling, field-craft, section-level tactics and other combat arm skills. You will also continue the rigorous fitness training and sports program.

All Reg Force Int Os regardless of element now do CAP. I have only heard rumours that navres types will have to do CAP in the future. Thanks for all the info.

NAVRES Int Os do not do CAP. Should they do CAP? Most of them won't make it.

popnfresh said:
Just out of curiousity why would anyone do such a thing?

Some are doing it to better their chances to get on Tour. 

Others may be doing due to a relocation to a location that doesn't have a NavRes, but has a PRes Infantry unit.

MedTech,

The Navres Int Os I know who have gone the CT route didn't have a problem with CAP. Most are pretty fit where I come from.

Back