• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Requirements for Airforce Pilot

When I did AS last fall two of the candidates were doing it for the second time after a failure. In order to be allowed the second chance they had to complete their private pilot licenses.

Duey, I've been enjoying your posts, any further insight into CF pilot trg (and especially how to do well) is appreciated.

Carpediem, the military is a very social (not in a having tea and crumpets, but in interaction between people way) organization.  During flight training, you will be stronger in numbers bouncing a/c specs and procedures off each other.  Never underestimate what kind of knowledge can creep into your brain when you're concentrating on other things in a study group, etc...  Many guys who know me well joke about the amount of UFI (useless ;) information) I seem to have accumulated in my travels but all you have to do is use it once, and it's no longer useless.  This was especially true for me in flight training...stuff came to me that must have been discussed in our study groups and was sure helpful later! 

Remember, while guys and gals in flight training can be competitive, the competition should be a constructive one that builds everybody up and maximizes the success of everybody.  Folks shouldn't be necessarily worrying about getting the Top
Student Award if it comes at the price of making oneself look better than other folks...just be accurate and methodical and use whatever bit of a 'gift' for flying you may have to make it through to Wing's Grad.  Leave the "Maverick - Iceman" thing for later on at the OTU in Cold Lake if you stream on jets...

Cheers,
Duey

Back