• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reproduction WWII Medals

combat_medic

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here knows where I can get a reproduction of some WWII medals, particularly the DCM, MM and campaign stars. Preferably ones that look reasonably authentic, and not crappy costume ones.

Thanks.

combat_medic said:
Just wondering if anyone here knows where I can get a reproduction of some WWII medals, particularly the DCM, MM and campaign stars. Preferably ones that look reasonably authentic, and not crappy costume ones.

Thanks.

Try a medal vendor.

Badom bom

Hey, you never answered my PM about your dad in Ottawa last summer.  Be nice, I may have a URL or two for repro medals....

Yes, he said that the event was excellent. I have some photos, and once I get my scanner working, I'll post them. Some great pics of WWII battledress.

So... pony up with the URLs!  ;)

Vimy Militaria or Eugene Ursual are both recommended to me....looking for the URLs now.....

Ursual:

http://www.medalsofwar.com

Full discussion is here

http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=28173&messageid=1096984979

I was always told and read that wearing medals that you never earned in the service is illegal in Canada. can't even wear them re enacting
Greg

You're quite correct; you can't wear medals you haven't earned. However, this is for a memorial plaque for a relative who's medals were lost; hence the request for reproductions.

Yeoman said:
I was always told and read that wearing medals that you never earned in the service is illegal in Canada. can't even wear them re enacting
Greg

This isn't true; there are exceptions for fair use - such as actors in a movie, for example.  Living history and re-enactment are a grey area - the law may apply to them, but if so, are not enforced.

I've never seen anyone wear WW II medals they didn't earn anyway - re-enactors would have no reason to since most of the medals were never issued until after the war, and the wearing of medals during the war was abolished in any event "for the duration."

Where did the "You can wear your Fathers Medals on the left side on Rememberance day" come from?

It used to be a sort of unofficial tradition, neither endorsed nor forbidden by the CF, but now the regulation has come across that you cannot wear any medals other than your own.

Back