• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reports of Drugs Being Airdropped into Remote First Nations

Politics for politicians. History for the historians.

I have this crazy notion that the Canadian military is the best ally native people have. As long as we put into it, we (everyone) can get something out of it. There might not be any other branch of the gove... There is no other branch of government that can do that.

I don't want to get to far ahead of myself here. This time next week I can say I have one week TI. But not now.

But

A small community with almost half of it's population under 30, with even a small percentage of them salvagable, finding themselves successful in the CF would have tremedous spinoffs for everyone in the long run. 

Maybe, just maybe avoiding the whole heads-on-stakes thing.  This is long term stuff mind you'ze. But I can dream.

The CF and your age will, in time, allow you to develop some of the skills you are looking for, especially in being an example of what "can be". Luck

Clove Hitch said:
When I'm King of the Indians I'm going to tell the kids; work, school, military or banishment.

I'd vote for you. 
With motivated people like you who still care and want to see things get better across the board, hope is not lost.  You appear to have some leadership in you.  Hopefully that will translate across both your professional and personal life. 
Good luck on your paths.  :salute:

Eye In The Sky said:
Reading your post, I wondered if the community that reported this will feel any pay-back from the folks who did the drop.  Hopefully not, but...

You can't enter those reserves without everyone knowing your there in 5 minutes. There are likely no roads or very poor roads to many of these reserves. These would likely be Urban thugs completly out of their element, they might achieve intial surprise, but not one would survive to escape unless they were lucky enough to be captured by the local RCMP. Most of the natives are armed and know how to shoot.

I like the idea of more natives in the military, they have a long history of doing quite well at it. Frankly the Government would be dam sight better off taking some of the money from INAC and using it to build up the Ranger patrols and Northern Reserve units.

Back