• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Released Officer re-enrolled NCM

kayvee

Inactive
Reaction score
I released as a 2LT (CEOTP) in 2011 and re-enrolled as a Cpl in my previous trade this year.  Does anyone know the implications if the CFRC did not make me sign a document to relinquish my Commission?

- Other than all of the other members of the Junior Ranks Club making your life Hell during happy hour. But that's no big deal.

You gave up your commission the day you "released" from the forces in 2011.  Therefore you didn't have to sign anything to relinquish your commission since you did that the day you released. 

northernboy_24, do you have any reference to back that statement?  I have been trying to find information for myself, but no luck.

Thanks,

If you sign a release agreement, you relinquish all ranks and appointments with the Canadian Forces as a part of that release agreement. Do you have your release papers still? It should all be in there.

As for references here is the paragraph as taken from DAOD 5002-6 found here: http://www.admfincs.forces.gc.ca/dao-doa/5000/5002-6-eng.asp

Release or Relinquishment of Rank

A CEOTP officer may be released from the Regular Force in accordance with QR&O article 15.01, Release of Officers and Non-Commissioned Members, or may apply for permission to relinquish their officer rank in accordance with QR&O article 11.12, Relinquishment of Rank, for subsequent service as a NCM if the CEOTP officer:

voluntarily declines to complete any further studies required for attainment of the baccalaureate degree;
voluntarily withdraws from their course of study as a result of academic failure;
voluntarily declines to complete any further basic military training or officer military occupation training;
fails to attain a baccalaureate degree within the VIE or current terms of service;
fails to achieve the BMOQ or officer military occupation training; or
completes any period of service requiring a waiver of right to release or obligatory service incurred by the officer.
On the recommendation of the CO, a CEOTP officer who has applied to relinquish their officer rank must be referred to the nearest formation, base or wing PSO to determine eligibility and suitability for a NCM military occupation.

The QR&O's are no longer available on the internet but you can feel free to check on the DIN at your leisure exactly what it says under article 15.01 about your rank in regards to a release, it will be in accordance with what I mentioned above. QR&O 11.12 - the application for relinquishment of rank would only apply if you continued to be enrolled in the CF, but removed yourself or was removed from the CEOTP program.

Awesome, the link that I followed sent me to that main page that gives that blanket statement about QR&O's being replaced and no longer available etc.

I'm glad they are still around somewhere.

Back