• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Relax and Chill out!

im rather new to the military so the only bit of advice I can give is if you dont know how to do it ask how to do it, and if you think you brought enough smokes for course, you didnt, I gave out easily 4 packs of smokes at my bmq

stuter said:
im rather new to the military so the only bit of advice I can give is if you dont know how to do it ask how to do it, and if you think you brought enough smokes for course, you didnt, I gave out easily 4 packs of smokes at my bmq

Start using capitalization, proper grammar and punctuation, in accordance with the site guidelines.

Last and only warning.

Milnet.ca Staff

Start using capitalization, proper grammar and punctuation, in accordance with the site guidelines?

Wow you need to get a life buddy its just a website not your own personal company to power trip over

mdc8427 said:
Wow you need to get a life buddy its just a website not your own personal company to power trip over
::) Hope you enjoyed your short stay here.

mdc8427 said:
Start using capitalization, proper grammar and punctuation, in accordance with the site guidelines?

He is acting on the behalf of the site owner, so yes he does have the power.

EDITED TO ADD

Think you should reread the site guidelines.

Milnet.ca MENTOR

mdc8427 said:

Who need to get a life??  Me thinks you do.  This is not your website to power trip over.  ::)

Buh-bye! 
5.gif

;D

If he is the guy in this photo - the 5th photo - doing his, um, "duty" on Remembrance Day, this should be entertaining.

http://www.nexopia.com/users/mdc8427/gallery/1-imported-pictures

Harumph, Harumph...cough, cough...ripping good George, ripping good stuff...I remember a young subaltern in the mess in Bangalore some years ago.....

I agree with almost everything in this thread, what a great one :)

I was recently somewhere that I got to experience all of this to a degree and it's pretty bang-on. I love the air-cadet know-it-all's, haha! My whole family was in this and not once did I mention my previous experience as a cadet. I knew better. But it's great sitting back and watching 'the show' as it happens to others. Am I sadistic?  :pop:

My question is, when I go to basic -- how long do you *not* say anything to these people? (By *these people*, I don't mean just old cadets... I mean anyone who thinks they are a know-it-all or are always RIGHT) Or, do you say anything to them? Obviously as a 'team' member, you need to help 'em out, right? Or, do you let them flounder? Take it case-by-case? What would the instructor prefer us to do? Other than taking someone 'out back' -- or as we say where I'm from, out to the back forty? *ahem* Help them out? Do they appreciate that? We had a few on recent outing that were 'quite the characters' and I'm just wondering how to deal with that kind of personality on course. Personally -- unless someone is under threat or danger of getting injured -- I'd normally just let them learn from their mistakes. But the military world is a different world... you know, that whole 'team-work' thing they push.

I also had learned that no matter how much work you put into getting ready for your inspection, it never WILL be good enough... not until the end anyways. Fortunately I knew the 'game' before I went so it never bothered me but it was fascinating to see how people crumble over time of this happening continuously. Kits flying, tears streaming, fits of rage/anger/defeatism. So, I really love the fact you tell people to chill.

Finally, I loved the part where someone said, stick to your guns when you give an answer. Don't waffle. If you're wrong, they'll give you (usually) a chance to admit it (or learn from it) and I'm suspecting something like that is looked up to, as opposed to trying to cover-up mistakes. Also, trust your insticts overall. Don't always follow the crowd (especially in drill). Most of the time when I messed up, was because I went with the flow and ended up following the mistake of someone who was clueless. If I had followed my instincts (ie, used my freakin' brain, listened, focused) I would have been fine.

When I go to basic? I'm going to pretty much pretend I know nothing of this...(drill, uniforms, education, etc.) ... No, I won't let myself look like an idiot but would prefer to be the 'the greyman/ghost'.... :)

Offer assistance to those who you think might need it. Accept assistance when it is offered. When assistance is rejected, let them flounder. It's not your job to "sort out" these people, it's your staff's job. People, even those "characters" who you initially may think won't be a good "fit" in the Forces will, for the most part, adjust to things fairly quickly. Try to be a team player, but realize that being a team player doesn't entail doing someone's job for them.

what have you against former cadets?  I was one and just finished BMQ in the top ten of my platoon and I was our platoon commander for the grade parade.

I told my PO right off the back that I was a former cadet, it was in my bio, not once did that come back to haunt me, and you know why?  When I wore my uniform I wore it with pride and properly, my boots were spit polish perfect from the beginning of week 2, and not once did I get more then 3 marks off during a morning inspection.  Also my drill was perfect from day one of week zero. So if having that cadet experience is so bad then oh well.

But, not once did I flant that I had that experience and not once did I refuse to help out the rest of my platoon.  I also didn't compare shit to cadets.

Base on what has been said, it is not so much being cadet in itself is the problem, it is those who think and act that they are better than those who have not been in cadets.

The experience may be a benefit early in the BMQ, but not much else. I know just because I have been in the air cadets myself, it will not assure to be any more better than anyone else.

Cadaren said:
what have you against former cadets?

But, not once did I flant that I had that experience and not once did I refuse to help out the rest of my platoon.  I also didn't compare crap to cadets.

What do we have against them? The fact that some of them have a tendency to do exactly what wisely avoided doing. And congratulations by the way.

gcclarke said:
What do we have against them? The fact that some of them have a tendency to do exactly what wisely avoided doing. And congratulations by the way.

Guys......Guys.......Guys.

Proof Read before you post; or edit as soon as you read your post.  It makes our understanding what you are trying to say a lot easier if you spell correctly, use good grammar, and don't forget a word or two in your sentences.    ;D

Back