• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reimbursement Policy

Hattie56

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I start basic on Saturday, excited! Anywho I have a question I can't find answers to.
I live about 200 km away from Halifax Airport. I was thinking of staying in a hotel tomorrow night, as the weather has been real crappy lately and it would be great if i was near there come Saturday. My question is, do I have to pay out of pocket or can I be reimbursed for it?

What were you told by the recruiting center about getting to the airport?  If you are going to use commercial transport, keep your receipts and talk to the staff when you get to St-Jean.

SGT-RMSCLK said:
What were you told by the recruiting center about getting to the airport?  If you are going to use commercial transport, keep your receipts and talk to the staff when you get to St-Jean.

I was only told to write down the license plate of the person who drives us to the airport. I was so nervous and anxious that I forgot to ask.

You are given "Travel Dates".  You will travel on those dates.  If you do not have an entitlement to stay at a hotel, you will not be reimbursed for staying in one.

ALWAYS KEEP receipts, even if someone says you don't need to.

Not sure if you're on your way yet,  I would call your friend and ask him to email you something saying he drove you.  They MIGHT take it, and it's better then nothing. You MIGHT be able to email it to your clerk out there.  If not you're out of luck.  As said further up, always keep your receipts.  Any paperwork given to you regarding your career.  KEEP IT.

Your flight should have been booked to accommodate for the distance you have to travel.  I am certain hotel is not authorized.  How you get to the airport, cab or civy won't be questioned.  If you had to cab or use commercial transit, always save reciepts.  If a family member or friend drives you, mileage can be calculated.  The OR that processes your file shouldnt have to have a witness statement or proof,... you got to the airport somehow.  The rate doesnt change for POMV if you are a passenger in a family vehicle, what changes the rules is if you are a passenger in a vehicle where the driver is also making a claim. 

Back