• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular force SQ Wainwright VS Alberta

putz

Inactive
Reaction score
So here I have been sitting in Meaford for the last month and a half waiting for my SQ to start only to find out that myself and seven others are heading out to Wainwright.  I haves few questions for some people (preferably instructors that have taught at both training facilites) I looked  for answers to these but most of the links in regards to this are ancient or do not answer my questions.  I know that some of these depend on your staff and I don't want to start some sort of flame war or get flamed myself so please be patient

1)  Is it true that you get mor COCK'd harder in Wainwright?
2)  The PT standers are also higher?  For example I've been on PAT and the most we've ran has been 7km and longest ruck march has been 8km most of the time were in the weight room and circut training
3)  Have the other canadiats in Wainwright been on a pretty much watered down pre-course?  Here in Meaford we have not done any pre-course just been issued our winter kit

Thank you for the information and I hope that this doesn't cause any problems. 

Also on another issue we have been told that all canadiates going ot Wainwright will be PPCLI and if we want to stay RCR we need to put in a memo.  Is this because PPCLI is suffering a manpower shortage?

putz said:
1)   Is it true that you get mor ****'d harder in Wainwright?
2)   The PT standers are also higher?   For example I've been on PAT and the most we've ran has been 7km and longest ruck march has been 8km most of the time were in the weight room and circut training
3)   Have the other canadiats in Wainwright been on a pretty much watered down pre-course?   Here in Meaford we have not done any pre-course just been issued our winter kit...  

Also on another issue we have been told that all canadiates going ot Wainwright will be PPCLI and if we want to stay RCR we need to put in a memo.   Is this because PPCLI is suffering a manpower shortage?
1) what? Speak English.
2) what difference does it make? You will be given a standard to meet. You will either meet it, or not. I suggest you meet it.
3) again, what? What are you talking about?
If you are going to Wainwright, then yes, you will be a Patricia. When you signed the line, did you sign to become a Royal, or a Patricia? If you want to become a Royal, then you'd better put in a memo now.

I don't understand the title of this thread... Is there some kind of civil war in Alberta ?? If that's the case, let us know so we can choose a side and join the party !!!  8)

Jungle said:
I don't understand the title of this thread... Is there some kind of civil war in Alberta ?? If that's the case, let us know so we can choose a side and join the party !!!   8)

I think he meant Wainwright VS Meaford, but the rest of the post was just as disjointed, so I took it in stride :D

Oops sorry for my disjointed  :-[ sorry just let me clarify what I was trying to find out:

1) English translation of slang term; Clarification Of Combat Knowledge used quite commonly here in Meaford. 

2) What I was trying to figure out about the PT:  Has the holding/PAT platoon out in Wainwright been following a regular PT schedule because here it has been a rough ride with almost next no cardio or ruckmarches pretty much just weightroom and circut training

3) Just disregard this as I don't know how else to put this

Basically all I want to find out is those of us heading to Wainwright are we going to be behind those that are already there?

Putz.

Sorry you were and are bing jumped on by ppeoplewith little or no patience and no tact or ddecorum

1. Are you gonna get the **** (think CF Member without the CF in it) put to you harder in wainright versus mMeaford

I don't know!

2. What are the PT standards compared to what you have been doing?

I don't know that on either? (BTW that was a nice answer paracowboy, lots of thought went into that one :blotto:, jungle and recceguy do you guys miss the cadets? :'( thats definitely cadet slamming tones. :threat: Relax, only 6 weeks and they will be back with all kinds of cadet camp stories. :warstory:)

3. Are the ppeoplecurrently in Wainright going to have an advantage over you because they are doing preparation training for their SQ and you are coming into it cold?

NO. not necessarily

Sorry about you getting jumped on by the jerks out there. And look at it this way. RCR pet or Gagetown, PPCLI Edmonton or Shilo.

GO WEST YOUNG MAN, GO WEST

Mover - all the guys you just took digs at have been around the CF.

Paracowboy's comments where pretty clear.
Standards can vary from course to course -- there is a CF minimum but that min is not really applicable to a Light Infantry role - so depending upon who runs your course (Bn wise) you could get harder or way harder  ;D
Really does not matter whatthe standard is - as he said you have two options -- meet it - or don't.  Option #2 does not work well  ;)

Remain flexible and give it your all.

I know they have been around and in the CF to. Hence the little smileys meaning it was in jest.

But the broad non answers the guy was given seem like kind of a cop out. Also they sound like something a Trucker Commando ( I am not taking that one back) or an EME SEAL ;)  would say as they eat chocolate bars in the canteen at a navy base.
All the guy wants to know is how far and how fast should he be expected to run so he can get himself up to the standard.

One never knows - IF your "lucky" you get a Pl Comd who just finished his Ranger course... and then a nice 10-15km run till everyone pukes is the standard.

Thanks for the response KevinB and mover1.  Maybe I will stay out west....

Back