• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regarding the Rising Price of Fuel

I understand that gas is becoming rarer and rarer and I wouldn't mind paying $1.10 a litre or something along the lines of that, or whatever it is now (then again I don't own a car and my parents pay for gas I use in theirs). The thing that really bugs me is how the Americans are paying an incredible amount less when they're importing the majority of the fuel whereas we're self-sufficient. Then again you can take into account the fact that the taxes we pay on our gas is very large compared to theirs. I'd just like to see more of the tax going towards finding sustainable fuels that we can use so we're not dependent on fossil fuels.

Now to add a nice picture I found..

gasprices.jpg

Vagrant said:
I understand that gas is becoming rarer and rarer and I wouldn't mind paying $1.10 a litre or something along the lines of that, or whatever it is now (then again I don't own a car and my parents pay for gas I use in theirs). The thing that really bugs me is how the Americans are paying an incredible amount less when they're importing the majority of the fuel whereas we're self-sufficient. Then again you can take into account the fact that the taxes we pay on our gas is very large compared to theirs. I'd just like to see more of the tax going towards finding sustainable fuels that we can use so we're not dependent on fossil fuels.

Now to add a nice picture I found..

gasprices.jpg

The US tax system on gasoline is different than ours, so you can't blame the Americans for having cheaper fuels than us.

Oil is a world market thing, even if Canada supplied its own, they would still have to be competitive, or the big companies would sell off shore.

In Australia last Thu, diesel was AUD$155.9/L, unleaded $141.9 and propane 67.9/L . Oil today wa USD$111/bbl.

Meanwhile Aussie oil companies are reporting their best profits in history. We are being shafted at the pumps!
If the Yanks can have cheaper fuel, all the pwer to them!

What irks me the most is the fact that all the major oil companies just happen to raise their prices at the pump all at the same time. And they say that there is no collusion............... Bull Feces!!!!!!

I can fill up across the border and save myself about $50.00 on average. US gas also seems to stay in my tank longer, without a change in driving habits, for some reason ::)

Wes, I just converted that into Cdn $.  Ouch!!!  Mind you we are not too far behind you either.

Petrol is on a pricecycle here, the cheapest day is Wednesday in the am, where unleaded is about AUD$121.9-125.9/L.

Propane (67.9-73.9/L) and diesel remain the same throughout the week. Seen diesel today for AUD$151.9/L at Ningi on the way in.

The worst day is Thursday or Wed pm.

Wesley  Down Under said:
Petrol is on a pricecycle here, the cheapest day is Wednesday in the am, where unleaded is about AUD$121.9-125.9/L.
The worst day is Thursday or Wed pm.

Wednesday seems a strange day, price wise...

In fact, Wednesday is the perfect day,

They want petrol to be expensive for people who are starting off their weekend, enjoying their weekend OR coming back empty from their pleasurable weekend.... so YES, Wednesday is the logical time to have cheap(er) petrol.

Down here in Oregon, we're paying about $3.50 a gallon for regular, so we're feeling it too! Ouch. What I can't get is, why does diesel cost more than gasoline?

why does diesel cost more?
supply and demand.... all those truckers with their 45 footers.... all those military vehicles that use diesel... all those new cars that use diesel - cause they get better mileage

ALSO.... cause they can get the higher price.

geo said:
why does diesel cost more?
supply and demand.... all those truckers with their 45 footers....

53... thank you.  ;D

Actually, the higher price of diesel can be attributed to a shortage in sulphur and the associated refining to make said sulphur cleaner.  Although diesel is less refined than regular gasoline, it's the additives that are expensive.

Ah, thats nothing, 53 ft, wait til you see the road trains here, thats crazy!

Google Australian roadtrains

funny i seem to remember paying these prices in lahr germany 1982-1986....and we are wondering why prices caught up to us now,,,wonder what they are paying for fuel now...(germany/europe)the only way
we paid the same prices was in a canex gas station as per canadas prices then,,,if you were cuaght running
low on the autobahn you were paying the same way back when ,,,as today...trust me i use to dispatcher...
anyways i could be off base but it was exspensive...just my thoughts,,,all is well at he ranch..
                                                            best regards,,,,,,,
                                                                  scoty b

We are almost at 1.50 Euro per liter SUPER (Which is probably called PLUS for you.) here. That´s around 2.40 CAD per liter/10.90 CAD per gallon.
So you all should be happy.

Regards,
ironduke57

Back