• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reg Force 031 Application

UPDATE: Dec 7

Today I had my interview. It was scheduled for 1pm, so i showed up 15 minutes before. A captain came out and introduced himself, and then we went in the back to his office. He said the interview would be about 40 minutes, and that it consisted of 5 sections.

Basically, all that happened was he asked questions about my financial status, my legal status, my education, my knowledge of the armed forces, my physical fitness, and then asked "character based questions" (describe a time when...) and then recorded the answers.

All in all he said I did very well, and was a strong candidate for the infantry. He said my construction and farm experience were definitely an asset, as was team sports in high school. Now i just have to wait for my medical to come back so that I can schedule a fitness test, and then I will be merit listed. He said look to February to get shipped out.

You show up 15 minutes early, I show up 15 minutes lateĀ  :blotto:. But atleast it looks like they gave you a realistic date to when you will be shipped out. I got "march" and I ended up going on Jan 9th. Not that I don't want to go so soon, it just threw my plans off a bit.

UPDATE: Dec 19

Got a phone call saying my medical was back from Ottawa, and that I could schedule my fitness test now. But since the recruiter told me that they go on break on Thursday, I'm thinking that I will probably schedule my fitness test for after the holidays. That'll give me a extra week or two to crank out more pushups, and hopefully improve my max. That being said, does anyone know when the CFRCs are back to work? Cheers -Cameron

UPDATE: Dec 31 01:21

Phoned to schedule my fitness test. It is on Jan 4th at 1:30pm.

UPDATE: Jan 4

Today I did my fitness test. Very straightforward: you do a step test where you go up and down steps for 9 minutes at a faster and faster pace at 3 minute intervals, and then they take your heartrate. If you don't have a heart-attack, you pass. Next is grip. Squeeze the thing, get over 75kg when your two hands are added together. I got 105. Next is pushups and situps. I did 29 and 36 respectively. All this = Pass. Now i just wait for a phone call i guess -Cameron

lol yes, almost a part of the great family. for better or for worse... but thanks for everyones help, and hopefully this little rant of mine can help others in the future.

Hansol, looks like you're moving at close to the same pace as I did, don't be surprised if you are sworn in by the end of the month, and heading off to Basic around Valentines Day.

Cross your fingers and congratulaions!

:salute: Good luck on everything Hansol.I know you probably want to be a PPCLI but if you go east, 2 RCR is the WTG.Have a good one and get those legs running...LOL...

haha PPCLI would be nice, but I guess I go where the army tells me to. But hey, Gagetown would be fun, as I've never been east of Toronto before. Petawawa would be fun, cause you would be right in the stink of this new unit and what not. Edmonton would be nice cause i'd be close to family (and no PST either), and Shilo, well, I'd rather not do Shilo... But hey, thats life, right? Cheers, and thanks again.

UPDATE: Jan 11/06

Recruiting center phoned me back, letting me know I was merit listed. I called them yesterday to find out what the deal was, as I had completed my fitness test last week and still hadn't heard back. So I guess now I am merit listed, and just have to wait for that phone call... lol Cheers -Cameron

my interview was set back twice now, and now its on for feb. 2nd. my medical and physical are set for january 25th. ive done my aptitude test, got my infantry availiblity, so thats what im going for.

seems like the 25th wont come quick enough

UPDATE: Jan 19/06

Got the phonecall today, with an offer for infanteer in the PPCLI. Swearing in is on Feb 8th, and training starts Feb 20th. Cheers -Cameron

Edit: Muffin won the bet.

Hansol said:
UPDATE: Jan 19/06

Got the phonecall today, with an offer for infanteer in the PPCLI. Swearing in is on Feb 8th, and training starts Feb 20th. Cheers -Cameron

Congrats Hansol, that's good news...are you going to St Jean?

Was January 11 the day you were merit listed or was it before that and that was the day they called you? I just want to get an idea of time between merit listing and job offer.

Yeah, Jan 11 i was merit listed i believe. Thats what the Cpl on the phone said. And then today, Jan 19th, was when I was offered the position. So yes. Exciting lol

Almost part of the Brotherhood eh?....let the adventure begin!

Good luck and Cheers :cheers:

lol I forgot to update: Feb 08

Was sworn in today. Arrived at the recruiting center at 1300, where I met the 5 guys that I would be going to BMQ with. We filled out a bunch of paperwork. It was mostly just travel junk, but they had you fill out a will as well. Once that was finished, everybody waited around for their family and guests and stuff whom they had invited to the swearing-in at 1600. I didn't bother inviting anyone.

The room was set up with a picture of Queen Elizabeth II and the Canadian flag. You walked to the front of the picture, said your little schpeal, (i did a "solemn affirmation"; that means "no bible" lol) shook hands with the captain, and that was that. They then give you your paperwork, and you go home.

I fly out at 0725 on Feb 18. Once again its "hurry up and wait". Cheers -Cameron

Congrats, I fly out on Feb 18th too for an Infantry Position with PPCLI.

Back