• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Recruiting Posters, Slogans and Commercials [Merged]

paracowboy said:
imagine she's pretty damn skinny by now, ain't she? Kind of an extreme diet, not eating for 3 decades.

I was meaning while she was alive...she was a size 12 which most men nowadays consider a "fat chick".

Quit throwing the thread off with discussions about your BMI.

paracowboy said:
used to be, yes
who? Don't bother answering.imagine she's pretty damn skinny by now, ain't she? Kind of an extreme diet, not eating for 3 decades.

;D

Fat Chicks... ah

A For effort  ;)

As far as the CF goes - WTF all the french chicks seem to be hot - ever take over from a 5 Bde tour - WOW - then the English chicks come in and they have to redo bridges and rebar the mess.

and now dry tours - you can't get away from the fact there fat...  :blotto:

Springroll - methinks thou protest too much.

Infanteer said:
Quit throwing the thread off with discussions about your BMI.

Forgive me for trying to get someone to clarify what they meant by "fat chicks".

"Fat Chicks" can lose the excess weight, but dumb a**es on the other hand...well, there is no help for them.
I would sooner serve beside a "fat chick" than someone who doesn't have any CDF.

You want a clarification.  Here you go:

Well it is a shame that sometimes, to be a fat chick and a Dumb aise go hand in hand at times,

The one in Red looks like a Salad Girl from Pet. from the Matawa training site era '95...

Ahh the Salad girls and their Hunter Killer side kicks...

dileas

tess

tess - I have a shameful Pet secret...  :-[

I knew it was bad when she dwarfed the Sherman and 2 25lb'er at the SSF 'monument' on the way into base...

hahaha,

Kev brother, you and I both, you and I both!!!!

The pains of drinking beer in Sassy's and heading to Banana Pete's for a Night cap!

dileas

the 48th regulator said:
hahaha,

Kev brother, you and I both, you and I both!!!!

The pains of drinking beer in Sassy's and heading to Banana Pete's for a Night cap!

dileas

Both of which are gone now...

Thanks Springroll for sidetracking an otherwise good discussion...

BTW if you hieght/width at the hips ration is greater the 2:1 then chances are you are fat...ie your 5 ft tall, but 3 ft across the hips..your probably fat

and yes we have "those" in the military. If you have a problem with it pm me and do't waste the bandwidth here.

So how do we go back to recruiting high school and college graduates?

Have cool recruiting stuff.
Film a DA - heck just the MOE dude putting a few 12ga. into a door near the stack is sexier than the gaydar videos they have now.

Given me three hours in Edmonton I could put a cool video together.  Of course it might insinuate the CF killed people so I guess that out  ::)

The recruiting ads et al now, suck. If you are a pointy end type, which most people on this site are. The problem of course is if you lean too hard on showing off the combat arms side then you may scare off a lot of the CSS types. And you need the CSS types as much as you need the pointy end types. Now I know that there are more candidates for the CSS type jobs, but if you completely ignore them when recruiting then five years down the road, well we are going to have the same sort of shortage problems with skilled people as we have now getting combat arms types. I thing the answer has to be individual recruiting campaigns, Navy does theirs, Airforce does theirs, Army does theirs AND you get a different drive for Combat arms with all the cool shit videos of Para's and JTF2 and everything else kids off the street want to be. I think it's the only way to make it appeal to everyone. And we kinda of need all types.

The best thing to do so that you can appeal to everyone CSS and combat arms is to have several different adds aimed diffrent people. For example the US navy comercials have some showing the navy seals and fighters and all sorts of combat related stuff with some heavy metal music playing in the background while they also have another one where they have young people talking about how the Navy gave them confidence to succeed in life and now they own their own business etc etc. So I think that if we should keep the current ads that the CF has and ad some more combat related commercials so that way you appeal to everyone.

Kyle.

First of all I enjoy reading the post's and threads on this site because there interesting and it's good to know where our military member's are at (even reservists). However some of the replies, and conversation's are as dumb as the one's on militaryphotos.net. Back to the main topic, there is a poster out there that say's,"it's not about the gadgets". Now obviously someone at NDHQ designed this and did not research it. The sillouette used is that of a U. S. Army Soldier carrying an M249 and it's also the ad for Wiley-x goggles/glasses. If there is a serious problem about our ads and poster's for recruiting, this poster show's it starts way at the top! :s
alute: :cdn:

Actually its a CF soldier with our issue (but only for deployment) kit.

First of all I enjoy reading the post's and threads on this site because there interesting and it's good to know where our military member's are at (even reservists). However some of the replies, and conversation's are as dumb as the one's on militaryphotos.net. Back to the main topic, there is a poster out there that say's,"it's not about the gadgets". Now obviously someone at NDHQ designed this and did not research it. The sillouette used is that of a U. S. Army Soldier carrying an M249 and it's also the ad for Wiley-x goggles/glasses. If there is a serious problem about our ads and poster's for recruiting, this poster show's it starts way at the top! :s
alute:

Well I guess you have proven that one, and thanks for enjoyng "even our reservists" posts, as we definately are entertained by yours.

dileas

tess

KevinB, take a good look at the picture. Our C-9's don't have that type of front sight, not even on deployments, and second, you can see the stock. It's the collapseble type as on the American M249! Did you design the poster, because your just as blind. That's another thing that is wrong with our Army, afraid to admit when something is wrong!

Back